It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai assassins used Mossad methods to kill Hamas leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This article/opinion appeared in the Israeli daily, Haaretz, today.
www.haaretz.com...

It seems pretty clear to me that this was an Israeli secret service mission, i.e. Mossad. The fact that they were all carrying European passports points to this. Obviously these people were not actually Irish, British, French and German as their passports say. The tactics used are widely known to be used by Mossad, i.e entering the country from different locations, changing hotels, changing clothes. Really, who else could it have been?

The question is, what is the importance of this revalation? Do we care that Israelis assaninate their proclaimed enemies in other soverign nations? Do you support this kind of action? I would not be surprised if some elements within Dubai helped with the logistics. Hamas is not popular everywhere in the Arab World, in particular with the Monarchy dictatorships that exist in Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

Its not as if the U.S hasn't engaged in these operations since 9-11. And the SAS launched attacks like this on the IRA all the time, most notably in Gibraltar in 1988,news.bbc.co.uk...

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So what do you think? Was it Mossad? A combination of Mossad and Arab collaborators? European Secret Services?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is utterly disgusting, lets change this situation to say....11 Iranian or Palestinia(take your pick) hired assassins busted on CCTV footage in Isreali hotel on forged/stolen Isreali passports about to assassinate a top ranking Isreali offlical.

Wake up people and DEMAND Isreal be treated like the criminal state it is.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by helium3]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well Haliburton is based in Dubai now. That would be Dick Cheny's old company. And Dick Cheny was running a secret terrorist death squad out of the White House for Bush. So how can you count out the U.S. as the ones who did this.

www.nytimes.com...

C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders
Published: July 13, 2009
WASHINGTON — Since 2001, the Central Intelligence Agency has developed plans to dispatch small teams overseas to kill senior Qaeda terrorists, according to current and former government officials.

Leon E. Panetta, the C.I.A. director, canceled an assassination plan after learning of it.

The plans remained vague and were never carried out, the officials said, and Leon E. Panetta, the C.I.A. director, canceled the program last month.

So did Cheny keep doing what he started. Bush SR was in charge of the Bay of Pigs when Kennedy called it off Bush SR still decided to go through with it on his own.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting link to Cheney and Halliburtion there. Although Mossad is sophisticated enough to do this kind of thing on its own.

What i do not understand, is how they thought they would get away with it without anyone pointing out that it was clearly Mossad? Although the operation was a success in terms of eliminating the man, it is a terrible defeat in propaganda terms. Israel (Through Mossad) have been shown to find itself above international law, and been shown as kind of amateruish in being so clearly caught out.

What angers me is the use of British passports in the the operation. Gordon sounded pretty angry about it as well in the radio programme he was on today in London.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The BBC have it as their lead story

Gordon Brown demands enquiry

What I find funny in this article is Gordon Brown asking David Miliband, UK Foreign Secretray what he's doing about it..... hahaha, probably having a good laugh about it with his zionist buddies.

The UK public don't seem to be aware that their Foreign Secretary is a zionist and even has relatives who are illegal settlers in West Bank. Why should he give a flying fig about Gordon Brown or the UK when his loyalties lie in Israel.

Be interseting to see what spin he puts on this.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I didnt know that,very interesting-thanks

its blatently Mossad,its amazing they get away with this.If i was one of those people who's identities were used I would demand my goverment to take action straight away.They must have been realy worried when this came out as revenge attacks could be a possible outcome

Still have to say this is piss poor for a mossad operation,those CCTVs caught them so many times

was he smothered to death,with the door locked from the inside?Im sure i heard that when this 1st came out

Wasnt that long ago they blow up that Iranian scientist,they surely get their kicks killing people(even if this chap deserved it or not)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Where did you get this information about Milliband, can you post a link up on here please? He will be the next leader of the Labour Party IMO.

Its the main story on BBC Radio now, so seems to be getting quite serious, with the summoning of the Israeli Ambassador.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It certainly could be Israeli agents. But you think that only Mossad agents use foreign passports, arrive separately and are so cunning that they change clothes?

Rest of secret services around the world clearly use their own passport, arrive from Pentagon/Kremlin/Big Ben as a group and never change appearance while staying in the same location for years..
Wow. Mossad are super smart to use such an extraordinary tactics ....
By the way, there is something that points to Mossad but somehow it was only briefly mentioned. Identity of one of the "British" guys who supposedly did this is actually stolen from British citizen who lives in Israel and never was in Dubai.
www.thejc.com...
But come on, changing clothes as a secret Mossad tactics.....

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Lets hope he turns his anger into something USEFUL and follows through with the promise he made.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
For what its worth - existing thread with comments, videos, on this very topic at link below..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Well with the Serious Crime Squad heading to the region to investigate, the game appears to be a foot! It would appear that Israel's free hand in EVERYTHING is starting to dissapear, and it will be of their own making.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hamas has governed the Gaza portion of the Palestinian Territories. The governments of Canada,[5] the European Union,[6][7][8] Israel,[9] Japan,[10] and the United States[11] classify Hamas as a terrorist organization - WIKI

any way why is everyone up in arms even if the assassins are Mossad? The guy they are after is a terrorist and leads a terrorist group.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by bigyin

Where did you get this information about Milliband, can you post a link up on here please? He will be the next leader of the Labour Party IMO.

Its the main story on BBC Radio now, so seems to be getting quite serious, with the summoning of the Israeli Ambassador.

I'm having a search for where I read it

Here is one link

David Miliband denies visiting family in West Bank settlement

In it Miliband denies visiting his relatives in west bank, but the piece makes it clear he does have them.

Will post further evidence when I find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Becasue it was on soverign territory of another state (Dubai), and they have been caught red handed. It also follows a general trend of a fair amount of crictisim being sent Israels way by the media and Governments, in particular in Europe who have previously been complicit in Israeli behavior in the Middle East.

Agreed the bloke was probabley an arsehole, but international law is there for a reason, to be obeyed.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You asked "... who else could it have been?"

Your title says "Dubai ..." - my first thought is Halliburton/Cheney en.wikipedia.org...

Your title says " ... assassins ... " - my first thought AGAIN is Cheney

Cheney "had" his special assassin squad www.huffingtonpost.com... and if I were Interpol I'd be looking in this direction.

Cheney "had" his Halliburton ... and as you see from the wiki page, Rummy was stashing oil cash for him at the Pentagon.

It's too Rummy/Cheney sounding and doesn't strike me as Mossad.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hmmmmmmmm, you are the second person to suggest Cheney. Where is the motive though? This guy was just another Hamas leader, what would he have to do with Oil, Haliburton etc?

I am not discounting what you say, i just don't see the reason. Mossad had motive and opportunity. Needless to say they were clumsy as the whole World has now discovered.

Could it have been intentional clumsiness, to implicate Mossad?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

First, gut hunch.

Second, I too felt Mossad would never be that "sloppy".

Third, I too felt the assassins TRIED to make it look like Mossad.

Fourth, Cheney thinks Hamas is controlled via Iran etc. ... this old pre-Obama article shows how Cheney thought of Hamas www.msnbc.msn.com...

Fifth, Cheney's biggest plan never came to fruition while in office ... and if hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned ... hell doesn't know Cheney! He and Rummy and Bush and a Jewish man formulated this plan (more really old news) www.informationclearinghouse.info...
Be sure to grab the PDF if it's still linked.

and pinpoints North Korea, Libya, Syria and Iran as dangerous regimes and says their existence justifies the creation of a 'world-wide command-and-control system'

See also PNAC which is now closed down - but - there may be remnants on the net somewhere.

AND, Cheney even verified again years later here www.msnbc.msn.com... showing that they were going to follow the plan no matter what!

These four met in Austin, Texas and made these plans BEFORE then Governor Bush announced he would run for Presidential office.

We're straying a bit here; but, it all goes to show MOTIVE.

Sixth ... I'm hungry. You all know how to search the web.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
DANIEL ANDREAS SAN DIEGO
www.fbi.gov...

This guy looks like he couldbe the one with a beard.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

That is a pretty persuasive hypothesis, and i would definitely not put it past Cheney and is type.

Dubai police now '99% sure' it was Mossad.
London-Tel Aviv relations in a 'deep freeze'
www.guardian.co.uk...

What makes me laugh is that Lieberman barely tried to defend Israel, just stated there was 'no evidence' of the involvment of Mossad. And that Foreign governments were trying to frame Israel. Could this be Cheney? Why would he want to frame his supposed ally Israel?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join