It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What annoys you the most on a plane?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This thread...

Hollywood director [Kevin Smith] declared too fat to fly

...made me think about my flying experiences. Is sitting next to an overweight person the worst thing on a plane? What really annoys you about flying?

For me it is leg room. So cliche but it is such a pain. Do we really have to be packed tighter than sardines? Lucky for me i have a little wife so she has ample space to share.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
When I can hear the pilot is a newbie, and doesn't have enough flying hours to fly the big planes...& this is just a practice run for him. :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Anyone who disturbs my seat. That can be the person behind me constantly opening and closing their tray, kids playing, or people shuffling through their bags that are stowed under there. Drives me crazy. And yes, overweight people that hang over the armrest are also pretty aggravating. So, anything that invades my own personal space.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I hate that every flight starts with a Stewardess showing you the worst case scenario.. :bnghd:

I KNOW that there are oxygen masks!!! Just bring me home!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
People who douse themselves in far too much perfume or aftershave on a flight!

Reclining seats on short flights!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Just dont do it! lol

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I always request the No Screaming Baby section of planes (and restaurants).

TSA.
Prices.
Fees.
Person next to me invading my space.
Lines.
Having to run across an entire airport so my wife can smoke.
Having to run across an entire airport to catch a connecting flight.

What I hate the most is the way too narrow seating area.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

Aaah yes, the screaming baby...I've never been one to tolerate that. I don't think there anything worse than the sound of a screaming baby..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The thing with Kevin Smith, is that he DID BUY TWO SEATS....

Smith says he purchased two seats for comfort for himself on the Oakland-Burbank flight. But he arrived at the airport early and got the last standby seat on an earlier flight. Once he was seated, he says a flight attendant told him the pilot had determined him a safety risk and asked him to leave— even though he fit in the seat with the armrests down.
Southwest officials apologized to Smith and offered him a $100 voucher. But they also used their own blog and Twitter account to defend their "Customer of Size" policy, which requires overweight passengers to buy two seats or risk getting ejected from the plane if the flight crew feels they are too big.
Bloggers immediately took sides in the Silent Bob-Southwest fight, debating when and if airlines have the right to single out passengers based on their weight. Some also questioned whether Smith, a celebrity with 1.6 million Twitter followers, abused the power of social media by turning the issue into a public relations war.

Personally, I'm glad he's holding the airline's feet to the fire on this... If he fit in the seat with both armrests down, his only danger was to his own comfort...not the other passengers.

My worst part about flying, the fact that as a kid, I went all through the Middle East, so I'm almost ALWAYS pulled out for a search,

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Aaah yes, the screaming baby...I've never been one to tolerate that. I don't think there anything worse than the sound of a screaming baby..

Two screaming babies.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyone who wont' STFU....

A couple of years ago, the wife and I were flying to Ohio from California, about a 3 1/2 hour flight....

This guy sitting two rows back, starting talking to the lady next to him as soon as he sat down and didn't shut up until we landed... this was a red eye flight too, 2-5am... people wanted to sleep... shut your damn mouth dude.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The thing with Kevin Smith is even if he did buy two seats,he smelled like every obese fat person does.

Heck the guy sweats profusely even when he is sitting down not doing anything.

Think about this, would all the people on the plane that ditched in the Hudson river have survived if half of them were the size of this lard @ss?

I hate it when the pilot or somebody from the cockpit comes back in to the passenger area,looks out the window at the engines and mumbles,"It is not that bad",then returns to the cockpit.

Especially when you are a thousand miles out in the Aleutian Islands.

True story there.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not having a Window seat. I can't stand not being able to see where I am on such a mode of transportation. If I can look out of the window, I can deal with the leg space (a very close second regarding pet peeves on air flights)...

With a window seat, you can lean against the wall...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What annoys you the most on a plane?

The fact that I'm 32,000 ft in the air and old fat women with flatulence.

and crying babies........

[edit on 17-2-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Not having a Window seat. I can't stand not being able to see where I am on such a mode of transportation. If I can look out of the window, I can deal with the leg space (a very close second regarding pet peeves on air flights)...

With a window seat, you can lean against the wall...

I agree with this one entirely. ESPECIALLY because the wife likes to lean against me. What do i get to lean against DAMNIT! :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I cant stand it when people talk about plane crashes when I am ON a plane!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What annoys me the most is looking out the window and realizing that there is nothing holding me up!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here are few things I get annoyed over:

# The reality of airline meals. Whether you choose chicken or beef, it always smells faintly like reheated sick.
# Excessive cell phone use just prior to takeoff.
# Hovering over your seat, volleying conversation over the seat-back.
# Yes, I do mind if we keep the arm rest up and the struggle over who will put their arm on armrest.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One thing that annoyed me was when i was flying from Seattle to philly a few months ago, this guy sitting next to me just would not stop talking to the other person he was sitting next to for the entire trip and he was such a loud talker as well.

:bnghd:

Oh only having a small amount of time to catch my connecting flight or i would be stuck on a strange continent all on my own and after only just turning 17

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The thing with Kevin Smith is even if he did buy two seats,he smelled like every obese fat person does.

How could you possibly know whether or not he smells? If he smells like anything, it's probably money. His only mistake was trying to catch an earlier flight, since he was there already. Had he taken the normal flight, wouldn't have been an issue.

Still, he was able to fit in the seat, with both armrests down, and the seatbelt fastened. So, the safety argument is null and void.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What really makes me
is that all planes do not have anything to charge your laptops, psp ect except maybe the lavatories but I cant stay in there for the whole trip:shk:. With long flights from Iraq to the states we need that power so we wont be bored on the plane with terrible movies that are just plain
. more then 15 hours on a plane just makes you want to the
out of the person next to you
. I have more
but I should just
before I get
at by numerous BTS holes :bnghd:. Flag for you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join