It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Taxation Office given all clear to break into homes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Someone earlier mentioned internet censorship.

Most parents and teachers here would like to see some system introduced to limit the amount of REALLY bad stuff on the internet.

Now no politician is ever going to introduce some harsh censorship that is really going to piss off the voters. Think about it..........

The discussion about reducing the number of unnecessary guns in the community went on FOR YEARS. The decision was a very popular one, and no significant number of people have objected to it.
We handed in our guns voluntarily, to the utter disbelief of Americans.

Any aspiring Australian politician could say "vote for me" I will lift all gun restrictions, anyone can own anything, with no checks no restrictions and no licenses.
That person would be crucified at the ballot box in Australia.
So it has never happened and probably never will.

The public mood and culture here is vastly different to America.

Same with internet censorship, if it works (?) and is popular (?) it will come in to stay.
If there is an avalanche of objection it will disappear quick smart.
If they make a hash of it, and piss off enough people, there will be a political backlash here that will quickly end many political careers.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by athansor69

Explanation: I just checked the Australian Constitution and there appears to be no breaches as far as I can tell.

Please show me where in the Australian Constitution that these are criminal actions sanctioned by an ever increasing authoritarian government.

The Australian Constitution [australianpolitics.com]

Specifically which of these powers has been breached?

Powers of the Parliment.

Personal Disclosure: Looking forward to having my ignorance denied!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Now no politician is ever going to introduce some harsh censorship that is really going to piss off the voters. Think about it..........

The internet censorship deal isn't just to protect kiddies and the other sensitive cotton types from REALLY bad stuff.
It is to stop you and me from seeing the truth behind things they don't want you and me to know about. It's to control the flow of information into our brains.
The end result is you only know want they want you to know and you don't even know it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I doubt you have read the whole constitution in the mere hours this thread has been alive.
So how about you find in the constitution where it states that a government body such as the ATO has been granted legislative power to enter private property and sieze belongings and assets without a court appointed warrant.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Any politician or official that allows warrantless break-ins to peoples homes like Ombudsman John McMillan deserve to get a bullet in the head. I am not saying anyone should do that, but if it happened it would be agreed by 3/4 of the world population that they deserved it. These are the things people saw happen in China during the cultural revolution, and many times still occuring now.
Has Australia become Communist like China? Sure looks that way.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Explanation: You asked and So here ya go!

Chapter 1, Part 5 – Powers of the Parliament

Sections 51-60

Section 51 – Legislative powers of the Parliament

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to:-

(ii.) Taxation; but so as not to discriminate between States or parts of States:

(xx.) Foreign corporations, and trading or financial corporations formed within the limits of the Commonwealth:

(xxxi.) The acquisition of property on just terms from any State or person for any purpose in respect of which the Parliament has power to make laws:

(xxxix.) Matters incidental to the execution of any power vested by this Constitution in the Parliament or in either House thereof, or in the Government of the Commonwealth, or in the Federal Judicature, or in any department or officer of the Commonwealth.

Section 52 – Exclusive powers of the Parliament

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have exclusive power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to-

(ii.) Matters relating to any department of the public service the control of which is by this Constitution transferred to the Executive Government or the Commonwealth:

(iii.) Other matters declared by this Constitution to be within the exclusive power of the Parliament.

Section 55 – Tax Bill

Laws imposing taxation shall deal only with the imposition of taxation, and any provision therein dealing with any other matter shall be of no effect.

Personal Disclosure: I have read the Australian Constitution many times before I came anywhere near this thread! [I got interested after I watched "The Castle" movie.]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Explanation: Yes Australia is China by default! [OL is an Aussie!]

And that is why I created this ATS thread.....

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China Ok! [US political Madness forum]

:shk:

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

That is a very loose explanation and in no place states that an o'bums'man can create laws.

Looking again the constitution of our great? nation effectively states in as many words as possible that they can do what ever the hell they want....

[edit on 16/2/10 by spearhead]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Explanation: The Constitution is a very broad umbrella under which ALL other EXPLICIT legislation is housed.

I'm not a legal expert at all and so I am unaware of the exacting and explicit laws that authorize the Ombudsman of the ATO to have this authority, but whatever those laws are, they are subsumed within the various powers of the parliment as the Australian Constitution makes quite clear and as I have also shown above!

Do you know that the Ombudsman is a seperate and independant entity to the ATO itself?

Tax Agent Complaints [ato.gov.au]

The Federal Ombudsman. [lawhandbook.sa.gov.au]

Personal Disclosure: I am not a huge fan of the Australian Constitution for many reasons! I'm not promoting it in any way at all and I am just laying out what are the facts of the matter regardless of mine or anybody else "feelings" about the nature of those facts OK!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit

Has Australia become Communist like China? Sure looks that way.

No you have it all wrong.

The US President can now do anything he damned well pleases.
Congress too have been bought off and bribed mostly by big business and the Zionists..
Neither Congress or the President fears the American people anymore.
They have become a law unto themselves bought off and paid for like the whores that they are.

"When the people control the government there is democracy, when the government control the people that is tyranny".

Now Americans are absolutely certain that as long as they own a gun and ammunition they can never be enslaved.
You are about to discover a most horrible truth about that fallacy.

In Australia it is completely the other way around.
The politicians serve us.
Voting here is compulsory, we leave a complete ballot box paper trail, and a system of checks and witnessing and counting of votes that is as corruption proof and transparent as it can possibly be made.
No Diebold or electronic vote rigging here.

Politicians have been booted out in disgrace, and tossed onto the political dung heap for something as small as irregular petty cash claims.
Any whiff of immorality or scandal, and an Aussie politician is GONE.
The public here will not stand for any nonsense.

So basically we have a true and transparent democracy.
The politicians give us what they think we want, or they are GONE.

No martial law planned here, no FEMA prison camps being built here.
No private armies of mercenaries like Blackwater.
The situation is vastly different to American politics.
Here the system is working. Maybe not perfect, but pretty damned good.

Anyhow you will soon see when the world economic collapse which has already begun, reaches America..

America will have martial law, the politicians will head for their luxury underground bunkers, Americans will be left to starve and use their guns on each other to survive.

Australia will carry on much as before with mass unemployment and a much lower living standard. It is going to be grim......
We will struggle, but there will be no violence here.
The government will increase social benefits and support the people, they have the money to do that.

The US government is now fiscally and morally completely bankrupt, and has nothing to give to the American people in their coming distress.

The guns that you believe will keep Americans free, will turn the US to complete anarchy and into a blood bath.
That is the conscious choice you have all made.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

coming in loud and clear.

peace out>>>>>

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Australia is closing the deal on being a complete police state, Internet Censorship, Hoon Car Laws, Proceeds of Crime Laws, Asset Seizure Laws, Household Energy Policing, Search and Seizure Laws just being passed and now this.

Australians needed to wake up seriously, but its way too late. I have been trying to warn people for years about how our laws have become parasitical but most people have called me a conspiracy theorist and loon.

When I first visited Australia about 12years ago I was shocked at the level of open racism to Asians and the Aboriginal people there. I felt sick at how police treated one guy I witnessed in Cairns when I visited there. I then went to NZ a few years later and it was like night and day in comparison. I know all countries that have BANKS will have BANK related problems but I really liked the people and the mutual respect that is missing in the US/UK/Australia etc The poster above Silver Shadow shows a scary level of brainwashing and acceptance of control by his statements. I agree with you and here in the UK we are all but in name a Police state (the term Nanny State was a nice way for the MSM to introduce us to the accepted term). I was on the rail system in London yesterday and walked into a station to be met by some 20 police and Rail Enforcement officers trying to look as intimidating as possible in their matching gear. But, you try and get the police to respond to an ACTUAL crime?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Let me make this clear, I do not support anarchy.
Yes, exactly! If you don't act soon, the military may side with the Australian govmt. Right now, there are many sensible Aussies in the military that sympathize with you. The rights of the citizens are on the slippery slope of nullification, good luck and G_D speed!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

G'day mate.
You have stuck your head in the hole like an Ostrich, and are blinded by your Utopian mind set. There is no helping sheeple like you.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I for one feel sorry for you Aussies. If this ever happened in the US, you'd be damn sure that all the Southerners would be waiting at the front door with their double barreled shotguns pointed at the heads of these officials. I really hope that the people of Australia will wake up and repel ANY intruder into their homes. This is a gross violation of rights, and in the US would be an act of tyranny and be subject to people getting their a$$es killed. I don't know anything about how Australia's government works, but it sounds like something should be done BY THE PEOPLE to avoid this from happening. This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Your dang Skippy we would be waiting with bells on. Thank god for rednecks

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Nothing really new about this.
The Drug Squad, Customs, Immigration and the intelligence service have all at various times raided private property.

All they can do is arrest people and sieze evidence.
It is up to the justice system to decide if all the fuss was justified..

If it helps cut down on amphetamine laboratories, drug importation, illegal immigration, the white slave trade (forced or child prostitution) tax cheating and espionage, our country will be a batter place.

At least in Australia our law enforcement and justice system is far less corrupt than in many other countries.

The Tax Office are mainly after money laundering and big time professional criminals. so I say go for it...........

Remember, in the US, it was the IRS that finally nailed Al Capone.

troll....you are prob a police officer...I almost lay money down you are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join