It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This thread would explain as to why I cant seem to connect with anyone. Im the type of person who isn't interested in the newest PS3, DVD Player or Ipod. I simply have a 5+yr old computer that's not even got any games on, and I barely use that.

Everyone's in a rush to make money they'll never see, anytime anybody has feelings (as myself) others look at them as if there weird and need drugging up, simply for expressing happyness or tears in public.

I do have a sort of sixth-sense when it comes to strangers, although it tends to fade significantly if I put my trust in them. Wether its a result of psychic vampirism or my own naievety i'm not too sure, but there's been my times my intuition has got me out of trouble before its started.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

I do have a sort of sixth-sense when it comes to strangers, although it tends to fade significantly if I put my trust in them. Wether its a result of psychic vampirism or my own naievety i'm not too sure, but there's been my times my intuition has got me out of trouble before its started.

This sense of the faculty fading relates to an awareness shared by all sentient creatures; sensing the intentions of others and psychically guarding against those who's intentions are either unclear, because the other is as yet, an unknown entity, or those who's intentions are clear and not good. It is a psychic defence mechanism designed to preserve the life or survival of the individual.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know there's lots of anecdotal accounts of this stuff, and I've had quite a few experiences that still leave me questioning. However I have enormous respect for the process of scientific method. I feel there is an unjustified stigma that goes with the word "scientist" - to some, it means arrogance, closed-mindedness, atheism, etc. But that's absolute nonsense. Some are like that but the majority are extremely creative, thinking outside the box, and have genuine passion for finding truth. There's a reason "science" is derived from "gnosis" meaning wisdom.

That said, anyone know of any research, preferably peer-reviewed? I know the KGB were investigating psychic phenomena, our CIA was for a shorter period of time (and I don't think they ever got much out of it), but I'm sure there've been dozens of independent research conducted over the years.

A bit of searching led me to this noosphere.princeton.edu... - using random number generators, they think they can measure subtle changes in the global consciousness by connecting 'blips' in the RNGs to momentous world events, like natural disasters, political elections, celebrity deaths, etc.

" The Global Consciousness Project, also called the EGG Project, is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists, engineers, artists and others. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in 65 host sites around the world. The archive contains more than 10 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials every second."

But even this has no real credulity in the scientific community. First of all, there are bound to be anomalies in an averaging of RNGs if you wait long enough. Second, they are not making predictions, but rather waiting for a 'blip' to appear, and then searching the daily news to find the biggest event to match it up with. It's a clearly unscientific approach but the concept is interesting.

My point is that even scientists are looking for this - personal anecdotes are sometimes fun and always interesting, but if you're honestly searching for the truth of the matter, you simply can not leave scientific input out of the picture. They deserve more credit and respect than many would give them.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would like to add something. You know how some days seem to carry themes, where the same topic keeps popping up all over the place? Well I happened across a video from the early 60s about psychedelic mushrooms, when it was still the domain of scientists, before counter-culture ideology took it over.

It shows a compelling link between ESP and altered states of consciousness - I've always been of the opinion that the phenomena is real, but western culture simply has no place for the degree of discipline, purity of heart, and mental focus needed to tap into such sacred states of mind. China still has the tradition of Qi-Gong, and the masters of this practice are reputed to have fantastic ability.

John Chang has displayed not ESP, but the use of an energy that is inexplicable nonetheless -

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

That's because we are all one blah blah blah very interesting.
Seriously people think they have esp or something just by being in tuned to human emotion thoughts and feelings.
We are like a big quilt, a gigantic circuit board.
We not only are in tuned to those which we share a "connection" we cannot escape our enemies. We are all part of the same fabric of humanity. You can feel another person the way a person missing their leg feels a phantom leg.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Enjoyed the read, exactly what i felt i needed to read. I was already thinking and pay attention as you say. Can't wait to become good at this thanks for the details on how to enhance my skills.

Stew "on my way to evolution"

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, I have a question that interests me.

Is the information in the OP what EVERYONE experiences or just SOME people?

I want to know if some people are gifted whilst others are not.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time, but I don't think there is anything paranormal about it.
Just like people have said before me, it's probably just an increased ability to pick up on social cues and body language.

I think the farthest into the paranormal that I'd stretch with this... would be that you were prompted to think of someone or something randomly by a 'higher source' in order to fulfill some sort of determinism.
As if, in order to keep the time-line going the way it is, you're prompted by some force to think of someone and therefore speak to them in response. Some sort of... reconciliation between free will and determinism.

And... I'm rambling.

Either way, the thread made me think.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sounds like you need some Occlumency lessons

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l

Sounds like you need some Occlumency lessons

Haha, will Professor Snape have the time?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i often have a brief thort of someone for a second and then get a txt message or phone call from them...or think of someone i havnt spoke to in a long time and suddenly i see them a day later or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Your right, this is self expression. When you express this way it comes back to you. People reflect back what your sending out.

What your feeling from others is coming from you. In some way along the line, that is yours, coming back to you.

When I was younger, people used to hurt me, and I hurt them. Eventually I learned what I was feeling. I realised I hurt others and it was not about them but me. With god, I grew enough courage to allow myself to be free with myself. It was time for me to give what I had, fight and push through it, and never look back, that I had more than enough to give. That it was ok, and everyone was ready for me now. That I didn't have to be in pain anymore. Finally I could be just me. It took so long, its still happening. I had to give it all up, everything, the one thing that I kept so close to me, my reason for being alive.

Thanks for sharing your story with everyone.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Me too! I have the very same things that you have. I know when the phone rings who it is, and sometimes know it will ring before it does. I can "read" a person's emotional level, like if they are angry, delighted, sad, and so on. I feel what they are feeling. Voices speak to me at times, and warn me not to do this or that. Always danger avoided. As a child, I played with the ghosts of 6 Confederate soldiers I must have served with in that war, and these men still come around anytime danger is near. Many people of my family and friends have seen them, women, such as my wife, actually got felt up by one or more of them. These guys saved my life on two occasions. I see ET craft, and have ridden on one or two, and spoken to the ones who fly them. I see the dead all the time, especially in hospitals and old folks homes. Crazy? I don't think so. Something about me is not normal, I always thought I am not from this planet, and that would surely explain a great many things to me if that were true, and I knew it to be true. I always thought i was alone in this, but I met one woman in Alaska who is like me, and there are several members here that are like me.

I have only a few questions: Why me? What am I to do here, what is my purpose? Why am I not like everyone else? Why, why, why?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"I have only a few questions: Why me? What am I to do here, what is my purpose? Why am I not like everyone else? Why, why, why?"

You are here to fulfil your destiny. You learn your destiny via logic and divination.

I hope that this helps.

T

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I have only a few questions: Why me? What am I to do here, what is my purpose? Why am I not like everyone else? Why, why, why?

Your here like may of us to understand who we are in the final stages of life in this 3rd dimension what we call reality.
There's four dimension's on Earth and we were only ever taught 3 so the govt agencies could keep us in the shadows and possibly be used and manipulated for a controlled generation of women, children and males. Once your aware of whats going-on around you, its not so hard to believe so more.

Once you get used to it you can play the government at there own game and will not ever get caught in their trap that you've been living most of your life. You will understand how manipulative the government are in our financial system, bankers, administration, authorities, military's, mass media there the major groups and there's much more. The day I awokened to a new reality was the day I realised that we we not alone as I could see more the the avergae joe with both my eyes and didn't have to rely on someone to be with me as a witness.

What your purpose is here on Earth no-one will know but you. Only you hold the key answer what your purpose is here. You are special like the rest of us. You do not have to worry about being normal as you normal. The problem with the govt, is that they do not like to disclose that the mass population have physic abilities as they like to be in control of us even though there's 6 billion of us and 10,000 of them. Thats including their secret societies, politicians and the mafia's of today etc. I'd imagine there's millions more of the soveiut and china. Well there about 6 million triad and red dragon member's as my aunt has associated with the Rushton's family which are proper wealthy and have close contacts with the chinese. Mint...Not!

But anyway the point is there are people here who do have real abilities. It doesn't get any real-er than knowing in yourself that you are capable of much more. Just believe in yourself have a little faith and trust your gut feelings always. Peace out!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I use cell phone , watch tv and internet but all is conected and nothing happens by chance , the past is gone the future is an effect of the mixture of past actions +desire+ moment action and desires, everio1 enjoys the good but to avoid the bad we must live in accord with all the laws of nature (and its not by intelect mate) so divedeepinside -yoga meditation - i USE Transcendental meditation from 89 every day, and love it ! Cheers

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

All of those effects are enhanced on key psychotropic substances - check out deoxy.org...

Lights only appear to flicker, because your faculties of sensation are more finely tuned than they once were, and you can notice the intervals between electrical pulses more easily than before. This electromagnetic sensitivity is the main reason for telepathic experiences [after all, consciousness is an energy field]. I strongly reccommend that you research the 8-circuit model and try to acquire first hand experience of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i wud really like to kno if you truely believe in that kinda stuff cus i kno ppl who can kinda do something like dat

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf gyrl 1810
i wud really like to kno if you truely believe in that kinda stuff cus i kno ppl who can kinda do something like dat

Just to let you know on the terms & conditions of this website for people here who do not understand slang "text" - words that you used in the above quote just in case you decide to write in more slang "text" people will not be able to understand what your trying to say.

I understand your quote though your being a little lazy missing letter's out such as "w" in know and "ppl" people, "wud" would, "dat" that, "cus" because, "kinda" kind of. Come on its not that hard to write properly.

As for an answer to your question their are people here who do hold true abilities that some may call gifts other's what ever they like. And feel free to ask anyone anything as I am sure they will be able to help you.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hello ..Im new here but I can totaly relate to picking up people's thoughts..when I read this tread...it was me! as a child I was very sensetive and angry with out of control emotions..my family had me medicated and written up as borderline personality...any ways fast forward to now I have a guy friend who is very shy and I know he's into me.. Ive been picking up his thoughts out of knoware and there's another thing that happens. When I get these thoughts of him I also get images of what he wishes to have happen between us...also I FEEL it so intensly.
Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I seem to be developing stronger connections with people and it scares me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join