It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

you are absolutely right, its nice to see that everyone's psychic abilities are not being drowned by all the poisons we are exposed to everyday.

S & F

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Imagine how much further along we'd be without all the crap
. I'm glad things are moving along just the same though

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
1. You mentioned in your post to ask ourselves if we meditate or pray on a regular basis. Is this something you feel is required to tap into these gifts, or is it just a way to make them stronger?

2. You also say to ask ourselves if we thank god for things, ect. Do you believe a connection is required with god to be able to use these powers of the mind?

Thanks!

Oh...and practice doesn't make perfect btw.... Perfect practice does..

Look forward to your reply.

1. I mentioned those, because that's the method I personally use that works. They allow me "quiet" time, to get to know my thoughts better. So whatever works for you! The object here is to be still and pay attention to what goes through your head.

2. I personally try to stay in a state of gratitude for everything, even the bad things. All things have a purpose and a reason. So I preempt any negative thought by accepting what is happening, assuming that it is preparing me for something better just around the corner. In this way, I'm generating positive thoughts, even through a dark time.

To answer your question about God....I think we all define God differently. To me, God is not a person, but is EVERYTHING. God IS everything, is IN everything, therefore God knows all and sees all. So if God IS everything and is IN everything, then that would include us....right? So having a "connection" to God is simply quieting the noise enough to connect with that spiritual "God-spark" inside of you. However you want to say it, makes no matter, and it's not my intention to offend believers or non-believers. So I've tried to chose neutral wording that will bridge the gap. I've just found it easier to comprehend if I consider that God is everywhere, including being inside of me. So, I don't have far to go to connect!

Think of it like this....

Most of us have no idea how cars are made or how to fix the new ones being manufactured today, with all the computerized parts. But we know how to get in, start it, drive it, and turn it off. But then we see people randomly coming out of the woodwork, transforming their cars into something different....those that run on water, or electric, or even vegetable oil. In a sense, they got "in touch" with the car and understood how it works enough to use it in a completely different, more efficient way. Are our bodies really any different? Is the spark in the engine much different than the spark of life inside us? We can't transform or even improve if we don't know what's there to begin with.

On the practice....you've got a good point. As long as we practice with the notion of getting better or being better than before, we will always improve.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Old question...Where is the seat of your intelligence?

Deep in the bowels, frontal cortex, somewhere else?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Personally, if I may ... I see the "Brain" like I do the drivers in my computer. It allows the software to talk to the hardware
But it's not the CPU.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Very nicely worded and totally true. I think that in the instances of when you are in sight of the person I think that that is more Empathy than telepathy, but I can definitely relate and agree. 100%.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Hmmm....I've never really thought about it before. Logically, intelligence is measured by the information in your mind, assuming we're not discussing emotional intelligence. Your mind being the soul, which is different than the spirit. Intelligence doesn't come with us when we're born, and if we DO reincarnate, as some cultures believe, then where does the intelligence go? It's either:

1. Our brains, which die when our bodies die.

2. A universal source which we can tap into and out of as needed. The "mother board" so to speak.

So, good question, I'm not sure about that one...what are YOUR thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What if there were a psychic phenom a person to whom all of there behaviors thoughts feelings were directed entirely by others via a ufo?
Could we then detect a transmission of Elan Vital or the life force of consciousness as it were being pumped into this individual? I think that if L. Ron Hubbard were still alive he would be very interested in such an experiment. For that was the life long goal of L. Ron Hubbard the search for the life force.

Oh yes indeed there are intimations made at this phenom and he has finally realized it for himself through the indirect help of others his dreams and a good detector of ufo transmission the psychic circle.

Precognition and the Empirical Dream NASA About the February 1, 2003 Comlumbia tragedy In light of day I saw the tragic NASA space shuttle array! array! But on the previous night all cargo and I would be carried away! away! And even now within much dismay I have finally and ever more to say NASA the T.D. (tragic disaster or T.O. Denver) space shuttle concept flight is thrown away! by Terrestrial Officer Denver This dream was accompanied by a ufo sighting a shiny metal sphere at my home shortly thereafter I saw a looming ufo in my dream over the woods behind my house then I looked up into the sky and telescopicaly with the naked eye could see the NASA space shuttle in orbit then my attention was directed at a cluster of stars just off to the right of the space shuttle the cluster of stars suddenly zoomed up in close veiw the stars were formed like a cargo net and passed through the space shuttle seemingly as if something were carried away from the space shuttle

The Terrestrial Officer is the guinea pig of such random thinking and thus he no longer has to pay attention because he knows 'NOW!' what he is supposed to know. What is the 'NOW!' The eternal presence of military perfection. I believe that experimentation is still being traded for technology and that we on Earth are paying a price for technology some are paying more than others unfortunately.
Truth is a property of belief, and derivatively of sentences which express belief. Bertrand Russell 1872-1970 What we need is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is exactly the opposite. Bertrand Russell
Thus, 'MATTER' is not a part of the ultimate material of this world but merely a convenient way of collecting events into bundles. Bertrand Russell Sincerely, The Terrestrial Officer

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I hope you didnt think I was in some way getting after you for using god as a reference. I was honestly just curious of the connection is all.

Btw I find it extremely admirable that you have such a good understanding of yourself. Its amazing actually and I applaud you and this thread.

I wish you the best of luck...you have given me much to think on!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think I can relate to this somewhat.

When I was a kid I used to be madly in love with this girl I knew from school. I used to think about her constantly. One night before a baseball game I was going to attend, I had a dream about her being at that baseball game and she was selling hot-dogs at the concession stand. So, the next day I thought nothing of it because she NEVER went to baseball games.

The next night, as I drove up to the game, there she was, just as I pictured her in my dream. She was in the concession stand selling hot-dogs. The only thing that really caught my attention was that she NEVER went to those baseball games. Not one game.

I read the entire OP and I can say that I definitely have these same exact feelings. I never really think about things like this but the fact that a lot of people experience this tells me that we are all connected somehow, which actually puts my mind at ease.

Great post!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I have been told by many that I have the gift of discernment. It took me a while to figure out what that meant, but I understand it now. Discernment may be a religious term to explain what it is I have, but I have the ability to see into people. To see their pain, their struggles, their life! I can change my hat sorta speak to relate to them in a way that makes them comfortable with me. That goes a long way in business relationships, It has helped me to be successful in what I do for a living. I can feel what kind of life or pain they have had within a minute of meeting them.

I do wish there was something more I could to to help people though. I just don't understand it enough.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
Most people just don't slow down long enough to get to "know" themselves well enough to distinguish between what belongs to them and what doesn't.

how very true!
that is indeed the key - recognition!
which leads to better discernment!

EXCELLENT thread!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is a great thread and I would add that a lot of thoughts of the mind can be disciplined and like in the OP one can achieve different abilities through this process of learning to filter the thoughts that are the most benefit to our peace of mind and wellbeing etc.
To also understand one's thoughts it is a good idea to read up on the subject of the
Morphic field

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
LOL! This is a great thread, and it is funny that I've just seen it right after posting on the "Before Sleep Voices" thread (I can't figure out how to link it). I'm wondering if I've somehow developed an ability to catch snatches of other people's conversations and/or thoughts. Or, I could just be slowly going crazy...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Lolliek]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This was a problem for me for a long time, actually picking up on other people's stuff and thinking it was my own. It was actually interesting how I tried some ninja technique to fix one situation and it worked!.. Play with the idea of the body being like an antennae. I mimiced my boss's body language one day and ever since that day he stopped being nervous around me, which felt like a punch in the stomach that left me speechless. Some people are really problematic to be around but once you get an idea that you're just picking up on someone else, you can work around it.

There's no quick fix, my answer as always is to meditate in some form and grasp the subtle feelings and how to balance them and if you want: deflect them.

Here's a fun one: You are talking to someone and you can feel the flow, it just feels like an easy discussion, high in enthusiasm. If you feel it hit a wall you'll probably each blurt out things that the other doesn't know how to comment on. Well if you are flowing really well and suddenly get this idea to say something and you see their eyes sort of look off into space and you feel that connection sort of divert and expand from them like an openess. Say what's on your mind and they usually say "I was just thinking that!"

Observe the feel of conversations. Also if you are talking you can sense if someone else is listening to the conversation and even get an idea for the direction, especially if you say something they particularly don't like. Not every body is going to agree with you but picking up on these little things can make you a master of holding good conversations and keeping them that way.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, I used to get this all the time, (a great tool in High School ) and since practicing to be better in tune to it I have learned many new things and alternative ways to read people. I believe this sort of pheonomenon is incredibly common though not all inclusive. It's probably some kind of hereditary gene mutation making it easier to sense similar patterns near by, IE, a parent or sibling. This would explain the connection frequently talked of between twins. Two people with incredibly close patterns. Two people with identical patterns, though supposedly impossible, would theoretically be able to fully communicate with each other non-verbally because each point in their patterns parallel the other person's.
I've heard of non-humane experiments being carried out on the subject though the findings were never published. I haven't researched these very much but if anyone else has I would love to hear more.

When I spent time on Knowledgeseekers.com, an 'Other kin' dedicated website (which is now virtually unactive) I was taught that everyone eminates a different wave length called thought, much like those that make up light. The creator of the website told me that human brains are much like two way radios, they give off a distinct signal and can pick up another signal if tuned to the right channel. family members have very similar signals and it is therefor easier for them to tune, accidentally or purposefully, to eachother's channels. An experienced person could hypothetically tune in to many channels at once, hack the network.

I don't know, Knowledgeseekers.com would be worth anyone interested in this checking out just to read previous forums and treads.
Good topic, hope my insight can be of use.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Verbiage]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I really like how you explained your situation.
You have the gift of discernment, my friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Greetings,

This is a wonderful Post, thanks to the original author. This is my two-cents worth.

The body (including the brain) is but a physical vessel for the energy of the soul. Research by people such as former National Institute of Health Director Candace Pert has shown that thinking and memories are not confined to the brain, but occurs through-out the body. The heart is a significant holder of memories and well as generating the most electrical energy of any other part of the body. Memories are energetic impulses that move with our souls from lifetime-to-lifetime explaining the young geniuses and musical virtuosos.

Everyone has the ability to "feel and see" psychically to a certain extent. All it takes is a bit of acknowledgement and awareness, and then training and practice. Like any other ability like excelling at a particular sport or other discipline, not everyone is going to be the next Edgar Cayce, but can develop sufficiently to live an intuitive life.

Personally, I have been an empath (ability to feel) since early childhood with a touch of precognitive psychic seeing. As an adult I studied with other established psychics and healers as well as extensive individual research. I understand that not everyone believes in souls and the energetic transition between a physical incarnation and life on the other-side, and that is fine. This is what I have believed since childhood and have had many psychic and paranormal experiences reinforcing that belief. Each individual must find their own path and faith.

Peace and Love,
rufus51

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm a guy: my central processing unit is centrally located

That aside, I have noted that a lot of abuse survivors have enhanced abilities/perceptions.
I have seen it manifest as electrical disturbances. I have friends who can see auras and do all sorts of things that completely befuddle me and are not generally seen as being part of the original equipment.

I get emails asking if I'm ok because someone `had a feeling' about me. Someone pinpointed a back problem I have in email. This stuff fascinates me. I can't do any of it but I'm sure it exists.

My wife has some pretty serious connections with some friends. They know when something has happened to each other.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I really like that everyone is relating their personal experiences with this. I honestly didn't know how it would fly when I made the post, but I'm glad I struck a common chord, (pardon the pun).

I found something that I thought some of you might be interested in. Bur first, let me say, I don't align myself with any particular denomination, although my base faith is Judeo-Christian. I have learned over the years, however, that there is MUCH to learn from other religions, and if you know enough about your own, you can easily spot the similarities and even fill in the missing parts in many instances. I found that eastern philosophies add MUCH to the Christian belief system, that otherwise is difficult to make sense of. Anyway, enough of that....I found this and thought it was extremely interesting.

The senses and the chakras correspond as follows:

* 1st chakra (around tailbone, perineum) - sense of Smell
* 2nd chakra (around sacrum, two inches below navel) - sense of Taste
* 3rd chakra (around solar plexus, two inches above navel) - sense of Sight
* 4th chakra (sternum) - sense of Touch
* 5th chakra (throat) - sense of Hear
* 6th chakra (forehead) - sense of Perception
* 7th chakra (crown of head) - sense of Empathy

So for those of you who enjoy contemplating the energy systems of the body, this is a very interesting way of doing that. Also, I think it's good to add that each Chakra also has a color, a musical note, and a day of the week assigned to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join