It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazi and Fascist Origins of the Bank for International Settlements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In his acceptance speech during the 1992 Democratic National Convention, President Bill Clinton said the following:

As a teenager, I heard John Kennedy’s summons to citizenship. And then, as a student at Georgetown, I heard that call clarified by a professor named Carroll Quigley, who said to us that America was the greatest Nation in history because our people had always believed in two things–that tomorrow can be better than today and that every one of us has a personal moral responsibility to make it so.

The mentioned "Carroll Quigley" was a professor at the University of Georgetown's School of Foreign Service that had acted as a mentor of sorts to the young William Clinton, who would name Quigley as a important factor in the direction of his political philosophy and ideology. Surprisingly, Quigley is also well known and well regarded in the realm of conspiracy theorists, in part due to his magnum opus, Tragedy and Hope.

Tragedy and Hope, a detailed 'history of the twentieth century, descibes the 'Eastern Establishment', a psuedo-secret society that can be traced back to the Round Table of Alfred Milner and Cecil Rhodes, operating through front organizations such as the Council on Foreign Relations. Somewhat disturbingly, Quigley mentions in the book:

"I know of the operation of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960’s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies... but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."

So what is the goal of this shadowy organization? Quigley says:

"...the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations."

The 'apex', the Bank for International Settlements, is an "an international organization of central banks which 'fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks,'" that is 'not accountable' to any national government.

The chart above depicts the global membership in the BIS. With such a vast membership roster, compounded with the fact that it is essentially a central bank for central banks, then the BIS is certainly one of the most power financial forces in the world today. Which begs the question, why have so few heard of it? And who runs the bank?

The current head of the BIS is Jaime Caruana, the governor for the Bank of Spain, counsellor and director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department at the International Monetary Fund and a member of the Washington D.C. based Group of Thirty. The board of directors for the BIS is even more interesting: it includes the one and only Ben Bernanke, the 14th chairman of the Federal Reserve and also a G30 member, Guillermo Ortiz Martínez, the head of the Mexican central bank and Mexican representative to the IMF (and G30 member to boot), Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of Canada whose credentials include a thirteen year stint at Goldman Sachs, and William C. Dudley, another Goldman Sachs alumn turned Federal Reserve president. The whole membership list of the board of directors as BIS can be read here, and a quick look will confirm that these people are the upper eschelon of the economic world.

So where did such a powerful entity get it's beginning? Disturbingly, it would seem that shortly after it's inception in 1930, it would quickly become aligned with the Nazi party in Germany.

After the end of the First World War, 1929 saw the establishment of the Young Committee, dedicated to setting up a plan for the settlement of Germany's debts that had accrued during wartime. Present at the Committee, representing the interests of the U.S., was J.P. Morgan, Jr. and his partner, Thomas W. Lamont, who had acted as a mentor to Woodrow Wilson in his second term, and in 1926 had secured a $100 million loan to help fund Benito Mussolini. Lamont described himself as "something like a missionary" for the model of Italian fascism.

The Young Committee would conclude that there was a need for a new bank to act as a conduit for all the money that flying around as the dust of the Great War settled, and poof! the Bank for International Settlements was created. It would seem that the key personas in establishing the bank were Montagu Norman, 1st Baron Norman and Hjalmar Schacht

Montagu Norman was the governor of the British central bank, the Bank of England, from 1920 until 1944, though he had worked at the bank from 1907. Prior to this, he had held a position at Brown Bros. & Co., the company that would eventually become Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. in 1931. This company, who's initial partners included Moreau Delano (a relative of Franklin D. Roosevelt) and Prescott Bush, would end up illegally financing the Nazi party.

Hjalmar Schacht was the deputy director of Dresdner Bank, 66% of which was owned by the Nazi party in 1931. Wikipedia says:

During World War II, Dresdner Bank controlled various banks in countries under German Occupation. It took over the Bohemian Discount Bank in Prague, the Societa Bancara Romana in Bucharest, the Handels- und Kreditbank in Riga, the Kontinentale Bank in Brussels, and Banque d'Athenes. It maintained majority control of the Croatian Landerbank and the Kommerzialbank in Kraków and the Deutsche Handels- und Kreditbank in Bratislava. It took over the French interests in the Hungarian General Bank and the Greek Credit Bank, and it founded the Handelstrust West N. V. in Amsterdam. It also controlled Banque Bulgare de Commerce in Sofia and the Deutsche Orient-Bank in Turkey.

In a sense, you could say that the Dresdner Bank would be the prototype for the BIS.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Schacht, who had personally met both J.P. Morgan and Theodore Roosevelt in his works for Dresdner prior to it's Nazi control, would become one of the primary financiers of the Nazi party; he even helped establish the notorious I.G. Farben. I.G. Farben, a German industrial conglomerate that did a lot of shady business dealing with Prescott Bush, Standard Oil and Dupont, was a key in funding and keeping the Nazi party afloat. I.G. Farben also used slave labor at Auschwitz for production of synthetic oils and rubber, yet it also held the patent for Zyklon B and owned 42.2% of Degesch, the company that manufactured it. Schacht, however, became disillusioned with the Nazi party's treatment of the Jews and was involved in several coup attempts against Hitler, most notably the July 20th plot. He would be arrested and sent to Dachau, later to be liberated by Fifth U.S. Army and subsequently charged with war crimes for his role in bringing the Nazi party to power. The charges would be dropped.

Hjalmar Schacht and Montagu Norman were most certainly in contact prior to their involvement in the pre-WWII Young Committee: both were members of theAnglo-German Fellowship, "an association primarily representing business interests that was established in 1935 to promote friendly relations between Britain and Germany."

Wikipedia gives provides a few interesting clues to this group:

The Anglo-German Fellowship was a group which existed from 1935 to 1939 and aimed to build up friendship with Germany; it was widely perceived as being allied to Nazism. Previous groups in Britain with the same aims had been wound up when Adolf Hitler came to power. The Fellowship was founded in London in September 1935, by the English merchant banker Ernest Tennant, who was also a friend of Joachim von Ribbentrop, German Ambassador to Britain.

However the organisation had a pro-Nazi leaning, as well as a number of fascist members. The spies Guy Burgess and Kim Philby, seeking to disguise their Communist affiliations, joined the AGF in the knowledge that it was widely perceived as allied to the far right.

The article also provides a few other notable individuals from the organization, such as Frank Cyril Tiarks. Tiarks was the director of the Bank of England from 1912 through 1945 and a partner of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (the company right here, now known as BP, can be blamed for the current situation in Iran) from 1917 through 1948. He also had a partnership in the J. Henry Schroder Banking Corp., one of the key figures behind the scenes of the early Federal Reserve. J. Henry Schroder would also be involved with the Nazis:

In Kurt von Schröder, I.T.T. had access to the very heart of the Nazi power elite. Who was Schröder? Baron Kurt von Schröder was born in Hamburg in 1889 into an old, established German banking family. An earlier member of the Schröder family moved to London, changed his name to Schroder (without the dierisis) and organized the banking firm of J. Henry Schroder in London and J. Henry Schroder Banking Corporation in New York. Kurt von Schröder also became a partner in the private Cologne Bankhaus, J. H. Stein & Company, founded in the late eighteenth century. Both Schröder and Stein had been promoters, in company with French financiers, of the 1919 German separatist movement which attempted to split the rich Rhineland away from Germany and its troubles. In this escapade prominent Rhineland industrialists met at J. H. Stein's house on January 7, 1919 and a few months later organized a meeting, with Stein as chairman, to develop public support for the separatist movement. The 1919 action failed. The group tried again in 1923 and spearheaded another movement to break the Rhineland away from Germany to come under the protection of France. This attempt also failed. Kurt von Schroder then linked up with Hitler and the early Nazis, and as in the 1919 and 1923 Rhineland separatist movements, Schröder represented and worked for German industrialists and armaments manufacturers.

In exchange for financial and industrial support arranged by von Schroder, he later gained political prestige. Immediately after the Nazis gained power in 1933 Schroder became the German representative at the Bank for International Settlements, which Quigley calls the apex of the international control system, as well as head of the private bankers group advising the German Reichsbank. Heinrich Himmler appointed Sehroder an S.S. Senior Group Leader, and in turn Himmler became a prominent member of Keppler's Circle.

Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler Chapter 5: I.T.T. Works Both Sides of the War

The founder of the Group of Thirty, Geoffrey Bell, was an employee of Schroders.

Another Anglo-German Fellowship member was Admiral Sir Barry Edward Domvil, a self-confessed fascist who believed that a conspiracy known as "Judmas" (Jews + Masons) was running the world. Domvil would found an organization known simply as "The Link", which became a focal point for British pro-Nazis and anti-semites.

Next we have Otto Christian Archibald von Bismarck, a member of the Nazi party starting in 1933. Then we have Geoffrey Dawson, the editor of The Times magazine who banned any criticism of Adolf Hitler or the Nazi party during his tenure. Years earlier he was a member of "Milner's Kindergarten", "an informal reference to a group of Britons who served in the South African Civil Service under High Commissioner Alfred, Lord Milner, between the Second Boer War and the founding of the Union of South Africa.". Quigley briefly mentions this "kindergarten" when discussing the origin of the 'Eastern Establishment':

This society has been known at various times as Milner's Kindergarten, as the Round Table Group, as the Rhodes crowd, as The Times crowd, as the All Souls group, and as the Cliveden set. ... I have chosen to call it the Milner group. Those persons who have used the other terms, or heard them used, have not generally been aware that all these various terms referred to the same Group. It is not easy for an outsider to write the history of a secret group of this kind, but, since no insider is going to do it, an outsider must attempt it. It should be done, for this Group is, as I shall show, one of the most important historical facts of the twentieth century.

(I posted some info on this group a while back on a thread entitled Beware The Fabian Society)

With such a climate surrounding the people who established the Bank for International Settlements, it shouldn't be surprising then to learn that early Board of Directors of the bank were full of Nazis.

The original board of directors of the BIS included two appointees of Hitler, Walter Funk a prominent Nazi official, and Emil Puhl, both convicted at the Nuremberg trials after World War II, as well as Herman Schmitz the director of IG Farben and Baron von Schroeder, the owner of the J.H.Stein Bank, the bank that held the deposits of the Gestapo.

Walther Funk was the Third Reich's Minister for Economic Affairs from 1937 till 1945, and was personally appointed by Hitler to the board of the BIS. Emil Puhl was the director and vice-president of Germany's Reichsbank, acting as the main player in the movement of Nazi gold across Europe during the war.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Herman Schmitz was the CEO of I.G. Farben, but also sat on the board of American I.G., which was the incorporated shell that consisted of the American holdings of the conglomerate. Sitting alongside Schmitz on the board was Paul Warburg, Henry Ford and Charles E. Mitchell, the Federal Reserve employee whose delightful policies led to the crash of 1929. Antony Sutton shows how these people were among the key Wall Street backing of the I.G. Farben machine:

The remaining four members of the American I.G. board were prominent American citizens and members of the Wall Street financial elite: C.E. Mitchell, chairman of National City Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Edsel B. Ford, president of Ford Motor Company; W.C. Teagle, another director of Standard Oil of New Jersey; and, Paul Warburg, first member of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and chairman of the Bank of Manhattan Company.

Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler Chapter 2: The Empire of I.G. Farben

Schmitz's nephew, Max Ilgner, who also sat alongside his uncle on the board of American I.G, was the head of N.W.7, the "key Nazi overseas espionage center" that operated as a 'statistics unit' of I.G. Farben. Though generally unheard of, the N.W.7 has one major claim to fame: Prince Bernard of the Netherlands was an employee. You know, the guy that founded the Bildeberg conferences.

The BIS has come along way from those days, yet it still maintains the same company and friendships that it always has: the Wall Street cartel and it's less than reputable way of doing business. Looking at this institution's history certainly makes the current economic situation just a little bit darker.

Hey, but people who want to End the Fed are crazy, right?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There is definitely a control group.
I'm sorry to say they are still working against Tesla science in society.
One that should learn from Tesla and not Einstein.
Except they are our teachers.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

There is definitely a control group.
I'm sorry to say they are still working against Tesla science in society.
One that should learn from Tesla and not Einstein.
Except they are our teachers.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Just wanted to add a bit more info. In the initial post I stated

Present at the Committee, representing the interests of the U.S., was J.P. Morgan, Jr. and his partner, Thomas W. Lamont, who had acted as a mentor to Woodrow Wilson in his second term, and in 1926 had secured a $100 million loan to help fund Benito Mussolini. Lamont described himself as "something like a missionary" for the model of Italian fascism.

Thomas Lamont managed to provide the funds to Mussolini from J.P. Morgan's company through his position in the Morgan Guaranty Trust. From Antony Sutton's Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution Chapter 4: Guaranty Trust Goes to Russia:

Soviet Govemment desire Guarantee [sic] Trust Company to become fiscal agent in United States for all Soviet operations and contemplates American purchase Eestibank with a view to complete linking of Soviet fortunes with American financial interests.

This is a letter from William H. Coombs to the U.S. embassy in London, dated June 1, 1920. Acting as the 'fiscal' agent, Kuhn, Loeb and Co worked on behalf o the Guaranty Trust to move Soviet gold through the US. Kuhn, Loeb and Co, of course, were the private bankers for the Standard Oil empire and one of their executives, Paul Warburg (mentioned in a previous post as being a supporter of I.G. Farben), was instrumental in the creation of the Federal Reserve; Woodrow Wilson would make him one of the first members of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Eustace Mullins says:

The ten largest bank holding companies in the United States are firmly in the hands of certain banking houses, all of which have branches in London. They are J.P. Morgan Company, Brown Brothers Harriman, Warburg, Kuhn Loeb and J. Henry Schroder. All of them maintain close relationships with the House of Rothschild, principally through the Rothschild control of international money markets through its manipulation of the price of gold. Each day, the world price of gold is set in the London office of N.M. Rothschild and Company.

Although these firms are ostensibly American firms, which merely maintain branches in London, the fact is that these banking houses actually take their direction from London. Their history is a fascinating one, and unknown to the American public, originating as it did in the international traffic in gold, slaves, diamonds, and other contraband. There are no moral considerations in any business decision made by these firms. They are interested solely in money and power.

Secrets of the Federal Reserve Chapter 5: The House of Rothschild

J. Henry Schroder is mentioned earlier, being linked to both the movement behind the Federal Reserve and linked to both the Nazi Party and BIS. Brown Brothers Harriman, who counted in it's employees George Herbert Walker and Prescott Bush and has been accused of financing the Nazi party, can also be linked to BIS through an early employee: Montagu Norman. Brown Brothers Harriman was also closely affiliated with the Union Banking Corporation, where we again find allegations of Nazi financing.

But there is one other important fact involving Brown Brother Harriman: one of the company's founders, W. Averell Harriman, was the head of the Guaranty Trust at the time that it started doing business with the Bolsheviks.

There is another key link between the Guaranty Trust and the Bolsheviks: the head of the Trust after Harriman was one Max May, a banker who was considered, during the First World War, to become "the head of a proposed 'foreign exchange bank' to be operated in conjunction with the Federal Reserve Bank". This sounds suspiciously like a the beginnings of the long-term plan for the Bank for International Settlements to me. Then there is this:

In 1922 Mr. May became a director and member of the board of the Russian Commercial Bank of Moscow, the first private bank organized under the Soviet government, and made several trips to Russia between that time and his retirement in 1925." (Max May Dies at 69; Formerly A Banker. New York Times, May 21, 1931.)

Bank History, Guaranty Trust Company of New York

So we have a core group of people, all members of the Wall Street cartel, linked to the creation of the Federal Reserve, financing the Nazi Party, the Bolshevik Revolution, and the Italian fascists. The banksters seemed to be even more busy then than they are now!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Development of science has paid well and the German state weather
falling into by chance or by full knowledge of the investors.
The Nazi and Bank for International Settlements and others involved
brought forth technology to its ultimate conclusion.
This technology involving Tesla and what some might call radio science
would use nature to its fullest. However further advancement at the time
was stopped by JP Morgan and Tesla was banned from investors.
Tesla sold off what was denied him to Germany in 1914 and not until
1943 would America become aware Germany had been developing the
science since before 1900 and most certainly after Tesla's lab fire.

We know the top priority was rockets.
But there was also other breakthroughs which might be found around
the following development of rocket power to it present form.
There would be a lot to understand but perhaps looking around
this section can help:

THE ROCKET RACKET - Wernher von Braun, Willy Ley, Dr. Robert Goddard, And The Kreisel Teller-p2, In New Mexico and Peenemunde The facts in this section bring forth some very interesting questions which were missed by Charles Higham, in his Trading with the Enemy. Beginning around March 26, 1926, when Dr. Robert Goddard (1882-1945), professor of physics at Clarke University in Massachusetts, launched the first liquid-fueled rocket, at Auburn. In Germany, Willy Ley had read Hermann Oberth’s book on space travel that year, then wrote his own first book, Trip into Space. He communicated with Oberth, then formed the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt (“Union for Space Travel”). In 1927, Ley introduced Wernher von Braun to the Union, and was von Braun’s first tutor in rocket research.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

In other words control of the technology must still be in their hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

i'll repost later

[edit on 16-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Excellent work. Thank you. S&F.

...I had looked at the BIS a few years ago, then forgot about it.
Shouldn't have. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nazi? Really? No kidding.

Bilderberg Founder Dutch Prince Bernhard 'was member of Nazi party'

Their days are numbered.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

So we have a core group of people, all members of the Wall Street cartel, linked to the creation of the Federal Reserve, financing the Nazi Party, the Bolshevik Revolution, and the Italian fascists. The banksters seemed to be even more busy then than they are now!

It is a long read but this thread is very well researched. Compliments to Someone336.

If you could please enlighten me on the Bretton Woods Conference and the IMF/World Banks creation in 1944.

In the last stages of the Second World War, in 1944 at the Bretton Woods Conference The Bank of International Settlements became the crux in a fight that broke out, when the Norwegian delegation put forth evidence that the BIS was guilty in war crimes and put forth a move to dissolve the bank, which the Americans, specifically President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Henry Morgenthau supported, resulting in a fight between on one side several European nations, the American and the Norwegian delegation, led by Henry Morgenthau and Harry Dexter White, and on the other side the British delegation, headed by John Maynard Keynes and Chase Bank representative Dean Acheson who tried to veto the dissolution of the bank.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

Bank History, Guaranty Trust Company of New York

Also, as I recall, the BIS had the world's governments sign its charter - a notable clause stipulates that NO government can go after BIS's assets, even if someone deposits loot gained through war with a signatory nation.

Then, the BIS financed ALL sides in WWII - Nazi Germany, England, America, Japan....

It's not a conspiracy, just good business.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread.
I have this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The BIS is my forte within Power Elite conspiracies.
Here's a fast fact of many about the BIS- Their advisers "sit in" on any and/or all meetings at the IMF and WB.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

In regards to WWII if you read its history (which is best covered by author, James C Baker) the picture is often painted as if the Nazis strong-armed the institution into compliance. Though claims that both sides were financed by the same Elite Banking Cartel are, I think, legitimate and best exemplified by the BIS.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Thanks for the feedback/info moonsouljah.

I'm wondering - has anyone looked at the BIS in the context of the recent 'global financial crisis'?

Thanks, sofi

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Excellent research -- all the details are overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Do not forget the importance of the Nazi Party outing the western banking interests that helped place it into power in the years leading up to WWII, and the subsequent move by Hitler to begin to issue currency through the state and not as debt.

www.youtube.com...

Check out the link as well

new topics

top topics

join