It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new ? theory on Mothman and others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is a theory I came up with, and maybe it's been discussed before, but here goes. First, I absolutely do believe in creatures like mothman, dogman, etc.
But it occurred to me that often following sightings of certain things, our good ole friends all dressed in black show up. If you were a government, and wanted to really know how society would react to new life suddenly showing up on our planet, (not just sightings like we've always had-I mean full out no denying that they exist visitation) , what better way than to bring a lifeform to this planet and see what we do?
Mothman is a great example. Take a rather rural area, a small community, and introduce an unknown (mothman) Then stand back and observe the locals and see what they do.......How do you feel about that idea?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So, the limited sightings are like...I dunno..

Like a trial run? Just to test reaction?

Neat idea, definitely.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why would they care how you react? If you're reacting, you're thinking. They don't want you thinking first off. Plus, IF they did disclose something mystical of that nature, it'd cause people to think and change (likely towards Truth and away from accepted submission) by thinking. Why would they want that? Why have you thinking when they can use us like slaves?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
To experiment in efficient and effective CONTROL of humans in the most organized and least difficult way possible.

People respond to many things differently, but to some things, in only a few set variations, like fight or flight. Two variations of response to a threatening situation. It's difficult to suppress this feeling but we don't often run or conflict, we often just swallow and tolerate, because we don't find the other two appropriate choices (think traffic jam). Running or fighting over a traffic jam is, for most, not the best or optimal decision, so a third variation is developed: coping, well or badly, with the stressor, the traffic jam. Many variable responses to threats or stress exist, but one is optimal for the enemies of mankind to exercise maximum control. Perhaps these appearances are experiments to find the broadest appeal most effective for the largest possible target audience.

Possibly we are being evaluated to find the least common denominator among mankind's mental/spiritual existence, the bottom line of most of humanity, the fulcrum of the lever of the world.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

its an intersting theory i myself have pondered about i also belive in such creatures and there are so many possiblities

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

Dude, you started well and kinda bailed on the obvious at the last minute...

...what better way than to bring a lifeform to this planet and see what we do?

...having someone dressed as something weird?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the MIB sightings in Point Pleasant were linked to the numerous UFO sightings that were being witnessed at the same time as the Mothman made an appearance, althought the MIB didn't have any interest in that particular phenomena.

I also haven't heard of any MIB interaction with Dogman witnesses either, unless i'm missing something??

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
To experiment in efficient and effective CONTROL of humans in the most organized and least difficult way possible.

People respond to many things differently, but to some things, in only a few set variations, like fight or flight. Two variations of response to a threatening situation. It's difficult to suppress this feeling but we don't often run or conflict, we often just swallow and tolerate, because we don't find the other two appropriate choices (think traffic jam). ......
Possibly we are being evaluated to find the least common denominator among mankind's mental/spiritual existence, the bottom line of most of humanity, the fulcrum of the lever of the world.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Copperflower]

Yea thats it, just swallow.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
Why would they care how you react? If you're reacting, you're thinking. They don't want you thinking first off. Plus, IF they did disclose something mystical of that nature, it'd cause people to think and change (likely towards Truth and away from accepted submission) by thinking. Why would they want that? Why have you thinking when they can use us like slaves?

mabe be a little less closed minded. im just saying.

Anywho, i like this theory.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I like this theory,a nd prefer to hope that the government really does, deep down, want the best for humanity, for its citizens. Current governments frequently fail at this, and individual members almost always do, but, well, they could be trying to make sure we'll react well when the aliens come.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Government has been failing for a long time. Its not the current generation's fault. They've been given a pile of trash and these kids expect them to turn it into gold.

top topics

join