It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from the wilds of New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Having lurked on these forums for about 4 years now, I was finally moved to post a reply to a message today only to find that either I had failed to join the site years ago, or my account had expired for lack of use..LOL

At any rate, I was moved this evening to write a post which led me to the "sign up" protocols and that led me here to introduce myself.

I'm a retired software designer and former Air Traffic Controller (until the PATCO strike of 1981). In 1967, while on active duty with the Air Force, I was encouraged by the MENSA Local Secretary in Las Vegas, NV to take the entrance test and subsequently accepted the invitation to join that organization.

My introduction to debate came in 1963 when my high school formed it's first debate team. I've been unabashedly expressing my opinions ever since...

I look forward to participating in the forums here, and shall do my utmost to remain clear and rational in my postings.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Welcome!!

If you have any questions, dont hasitate to message me.

I think youll find a wealth of interesting content here. Did you take the Stanford-Bennet test? I never did. IQ is so subjective. It's only a measurement of your potential to learn, not how knowledgable you are.

I would still want to be a MENSA member though...

At any rate...welcome!!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nice to meet you! Welcome! I look forward to your participation here.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Welcome to the fold. Even though I am new, I still know that a good debater is always welcome on a site that specializes in such diverse topics.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

LOL Itried to send you a U2U, but apparently I have not completed the required number of posts to use that system as yet.

Thanks for the welcome and as for the MENSA test, at the time I tested they were using two tests: The California Standard IQ and the Stanford-Benet. They then averaged them using a formula which they would not disclose, and voila! I somehow made the cut..hehe

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Hi Tholidor, and welcome to ATS. For now you can only reply to any threads in any forums you wish. Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to start your own threads,you also will be able to send & receive U2U's (messages) to and from the membership. For now your U2U capability is limited to staff only.

Take you time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

I look forward to participating in the forums here, and shall do my utmost to remain clear and rational in my postings.

I guess that's OK if you really feel you need to. But what makes this site entertaining for me is the absolute departure from the rational into the loony and bizarre.

Welcome!!

It's great to live in Paradise isn't it? Corrales here....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

LOL Paradise indeed, my friend! We're in Las Vegas - and the irony of having moved here from Nevada has not escaped me...

As for rationality, there WAS a giggling smiley attached to that remark (grin)

new topics

top topics

join