It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Million Workers to Exhaust Unemployment Benefits by June

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

sounds like communism to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And if you read the 2011 budget, tax cuts and help to poor people is slashed all across the board...

But of course military spending is up...

No surprise. This simply reaffirms that a wide scale Middle East conflict is well within reach. Your post details that quite well:

Israel about to go into Lebanon/strike Iran

The US won't limit defense spending but there has to be a breaking point.

brill

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Now, that is a sobering prediction. Five-million hopeless people is quite a scary proposition. When the money runs out and they can longer buy food or pay the rent, it will get real nasty on the streets. I just find it hard to believe how these politicians think they can just clap their hands together and create jobs out thin air.

The thing is that it seems the opportunities are just not there to employ five-million people, at least in the private sector. It is just not there. The date of expiration is not that far off either. Chances are there will be violent and destructive commotion in about every American city, if these people aren't put to work. What else are they going to do, but get upset.

How much longer can the government continue extending unemployment before it puts a strain on the fund for others who are losing jobs now and in the future? I am pretty sure the politicians are shaking in their boots, because the people are beginning to lose their cool. Plus, it is an election year as well. It will be interesting to see how the government handles this pending disaster, in the coming months. At present, it seems the government may be running out options.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I lost my job several years ago. I went from $16 an hour to minimum wage. I couldn't do it. I'd rather live on the street which I'm pretty close to doing.

I refuse to work for peanuts. I'm better off jobless.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by wantsome]

You are the problem.

Change your lifestyle if you need to. Work your butt off and move up in the world. Its not like $16 bucks an hour is the best job in the world and takes skilled labor to find that type of money again.

I hope you do live on the street, maybe you will realize how hard it really is. You talk like you are so hard off but you have free time and enough money or a way to access the internet.

You are only better of jobless because of others paying for your lazy butt. You are nothing but a drain on society. Maybe if you actually went hungry for a few days and living out in the cold you would actually appreciate the opportunities you do have.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If they extend the benefits for say another 6 mnths, there still will not be 5 million jobs available in 6 mnths. So if the sh?t is going to hit the fan then lets get it over with. And yes I have gone hungry and homeless. And am close to being without a job now. My sister who lives with me hasn`t been able to find a job in over a year now. We will be in the SHTF boat too!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is going to be interesting to say the least.
If the government ends the 5 million unemployment payments, for the unemployed, then this is when I expect to start seeing the start of the “American Revolution.” What does the government think these people are going to do, anyway?
Not all five million have relatives they can just move in with to help them. The crime spree will be out of control.
Who is going to feed these people, who is going to pay their mortgages or rent? It is bad enough that they been cheated out of their health insurances with many jobs cutting back the hourly wages, to only part time work across America.

We all need to pitch in and help these people and stop acting like the greedy corporation, greedy politicians most of whom are only out for themselves. We American are behaving the same way “I gots mine, screw you, go get your own attitudes.” What happened to helping ones’ neighbor?
We all need to start looking into our own harts. I will gladly open my home to any of my neighbors, if they were to end up on the street and would gladly share my food.

The American people are going to have to change and become humble like they did back in the 20’s back in the depression.

The government handouts are coming to an end soon, where is our passion?
I am not trying to be a bleeding hart jerk; I know there are people, looking for a free handout, what I am saying is use your noodle to figure who needs the help and who doesn’t. This country needs to pull together if we are to pull ourselves out of this mess that the corporate Bankers and Wall Street pigs put us in, in the first place, their the ones that should be on the street for looting the American people out of their financial dreams.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The bottomline is there are a hell of a lot of people with a hell of a lot of money in this country. It's absolutely ridiculous for celebrities, athletes, politicians, CEOs, etc. to be making millions upon millions of dollars while millions of Americans are jobless and barely able to make it. There has to be redistribution fo wealth. And if it's not going to come at the hands of the free market, which it would if the government would get out of the damn way, then it has to be taken by force. I.e. taxes etc. That's the only way for anything to change in this country. The rich and the have plentys need to start giving back. Why in the hell are AIG employees getting million dollar bonuses? Oh they signed a contract? Well maybe THEY need to say hey you know what my fellow Americans are hurting, take my bonus and give it to them. Greed is just as much responsible for the economic situation in America as anything else. Americans need to start helping each other. And it starts at the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join