It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Power Downs"and Evacuations Weeks Prior to 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am sure most of you guys are already aware of all these facts. I found this video and thought it was a good compilation of the facts.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
I am sure most of you guys are already aware of all these facts.

Pity they are not actually facts at all - Scott is the only one who knew about the power down, people were able to visit the roof during the supposed power down
www.911myths.com...
- even though lifts were not supposed to be running and Bush's company did not have the contract on 9/11

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Wow. You are like a vulture circling the pray all day on the 9/11 boards, with a hard-on for supporting the OS at every opportunity. Too bad most of the prey you circle has bigger talons than you. You do realize that there were 4 elevators in the buildings right? Maybe only some were shut down.

Is it some kind of fetish for you to push the official story? Or just a normal 9 to 5?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
... and Bush's company did not have the contract on 9/11

Now; I have been told since I first looked into this, that Marvin Bush had just prior to 9/11, taken over security for the towers. Is this not true?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

No. Just prior to 9/11 he stopped running things over there because that might have looked bad and he had done everything he needed to do already.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Thanks. I thought that seemed a little twisted.
It's also good to know all the pieces fit perfectly in the puzzle. What a bunch of boneheads. They couldn't even take this little loss of face, to make their story seem believable.
It's also nice to see more on the "contractors/engineers" that were at work prior to the "attacks". I've heard it all before, of course, I just don't remember where I saw everything.
The picture of the molten metal in the films final frames is very good, too. I don't think I've ever seen that from that angle before.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
interesting video about the power down , i believe there was also a power cut the morning of 9-11 and a election many were told to go vote at keeping them from being there

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

R I G H T

They schedule an election just to keep people out of building ???

The power down myths come from a single source who reported that building was powered down - turned out
was only single floor in Fuji Bank tenant space while did electrical work

Powering down entire WTC towers would have affected dozens of tenants - many of them were foreign banks
with 24 hour trading operations with home offices

Cutting power would have disrupted their operations - enough to bring angry repsonses if not law suits against
Port Authority

Also such a power down would be visible In New York City and much of Northern NJ - it would have been reported to media quickly who would begin asking questions on why WTC towers suddenly went dark

Now logic is not truthers strong suit is it......

edit on 2-4-2017 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2017 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Did you watch the video ? at 1.19 in it states that for 3 days that people could not go in the building ||| the top 50 % of floors were powered down at 3.48 in a 36 hour power down on the sat & sun prior to the attack

Search some old threads they state that the power was down in the area surrounding the towers

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I don't deal in fantasy......

If they powered down building why was the observation on South tower still open

Did all those tourist walk the 110 floors up to observation deck ...?

This presupposed elevators were powered up to take them up and down

Also no email or other warnings were sent to the tenants - been evolved in power down during weekend

People are warned for weeks in advance what is coming, sensitive equipment like servers are powered off ahead of the
shutdown

Yet no one remembers getting the message

Also pointed out many of the tenants were foreign banks with 24 hour operations

Nothing from them

As pointed logic is not strong suit - just another conspiracy fantasist.......

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Mr. Forbes also talks about massive work being done in the weeks leading up to 9/11:

"It must have been at least four to six weeks before 9/11. It was like rebuilding work going on upstairs. The tenants, the people from Aon who had been there, were moved somewhere else. The offices were just vacant, and there was a lot of heavy machinery building work going on. It was almost like pneumatic drills and lots of hammering. So much so that the floors were shaking, that’s how noticeable it was."

Then we have William Rodriguez who says:

"All the power was shut down. If there was a power down, that meant that everything was gone in terms of security -- in terms of access to the building -- so anybody could have come there and done any kind of set-up.''

www.abovetopsecret.com...

georgewashington.blogspot.co.uk...

msrdrummer
msrdrummer3 years ago
There WAS a power down. I was in NYC the night of Saturday, September 8th meeting some friends for dinner on 14th Street. I saw first hand that all of the lights on the upper floors were completely dark. I even said my wife how odd that was. I had lived in NYC for many years and never saw that prior to the night of September 8th. Again, there was a power down on the night of September 8th. I saw it. 

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Now logic is not truthers strong suit is it......

This coming from someone who believes that a fire made the twin towers explode.

Wait a sec, you acknowledge that the towers exploded right? After all how else could a dustcloud be created in midair? How could steel fly all over Manhattan? Lateral ejections ect.

edit on 3-4-2017 by Meimou because: I might have given firerescure to much credit

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Meimou

Produce the video that recorded the sound of demolition charges setting off.

A charge that can produce the pressure wave forcefully enough to fracture and cut steel produces a report of at least 140 db when water barrels or sand bags are used to deaden the sound in a classic implosion, heard at least a a quarter of a mike away, and above the sound of building collapse.

Name the evidence of an over pressure event. Like ear drums ruptured during building collapse, or car windows being blown out only do to a pressure wave.

For what it matters, how many charges set off per floor per building?

Demolition charges create distinct, fractured, and splintered steel cuts. I thought there was only pictures of clean cut steel.

Finally, is that a rain of shrapnel created by explosives? Demolitions shrapnel has a distinct burnt, eroded, sharp shake. Shrapnel that would cut through flesh, embed in the street, embed in cars, and embed in buildings. How much demolitions shrapnel was recovered with the 19,000 human remains? How much demolitions shrapnel was recovered from living victims of 9/11?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

If lateral ejection is impossible by converting potential energy into kinetic energy, how does a Newton's cradle work:

Example: youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Long thread on how fire help contribute to the mechanical failure of floor connections which lead to the towers' collapse.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If a 1000' high wall falls outward then what's a reasonable estimate of how far out from the base you could reasonably expect to find parts of that wall? And that's with only gravity acting on it, no explosives required. After the floors were smashed by falling debris the walls were no longer attached to the core and large sections fell outward just like felled trees do and the core couldn't stand without the walls and floors bracing it.

Look into the specifications of 'collapse zones' and you'll find it's a circle of radius 1.5 times the height of the structure at risk of collapse. The only one declared that day was for WTC7.
edit on 10/4/2017 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am sure power outages was a normal thing at the WTC, I am sure it happens all the time.

I am also sure that buildings built similar to the WTC fall down all the time, that just the way buildings are built.

Man has not found a way to stop office fires from bringing down skyrises, but we can travel to the moon and back.

I cannot imagine our government ever lying to us about 911, because that would be dishonest. We all know that our government is honest, and has our best interests for us.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Where did this thread say anything about a power outage due to unforeseen events. I thought the thread was about tagging and locking out sources of electricity for maintenance?

And nobody ever pushed false conspiracy theories for publicity, likes on YouTube, website hits, or book sales.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

What to talk about fizzle no flash bombs? Thermite ceiling tiles? Buildings built with C-4 covered rebar? Nuke bombs? Holograms with lasers or energy beams? Dustification.
Drone jets. Thermite just a primer for othe explosives?

How about passing off columns cut by thermal lance during cleanup as columns cut by thermite?

Themite experiments who's results could never be replicated.

Thermite experiments never conducted in an inert atmosphere?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join