It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unkown unknowns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
First I want to start this thread from the premise that the American Government is doing its best to protect the Republic.

Secondly, with the above in mind what in the #$%^ is Rumsfied talking about?

“ There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we do not know we don’t know. ”

—United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

The "there are known knowns..." statement was made at a press briefing given by former US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on February 12, 2002. Mr Rumsfeld's statement relating to the increasingly unstable situation in post-invasion Afghanistan was widely viewed as elusive and indicative of arrogance, whilst at the same time reflecting a profound, almost philosophical truth. The statement won the 2003 Foot in Mouth award from the Plain English Campaign,[1].

In epistemology and decision theory, the term unknown unknown refers to circumstances or outcomes that were not conceived of by an observer at a given point in time. The meaning of the term becomes more clear when it is contrasted with the known unknown, which refers to circumstances or outcomes that are known to be possible, but it is unknown whether or not they will be realized. The term is used in project planning and decision analysis to explain that any model of the future can only be informed by information that is currently available to the observer and, as such, faces substantial limitations and unknown risk.

For example was the US economy one of the things?

Or was the unknown unknown renegade faction who stole 3.5 trillion dollars and did 911? Known unkowns did not do 911 but the fact is nobody has a sniff who did it.

So anybody who smells like a terrorist is gonna get it. Right.

Too simple.

I think everybody got caught with their pants down. Everybody thinks they know but the evidence is gone hence the FBI list.

Everybody knew the buildings were rigged when they where built.

Nobody knows who pulled the trigger.

Unknown unknowns?

At least now but is this faction behind the drainging of the US economy as well as 911

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well my little foray into the spirit gotta a hit.

We got our unknown unknown in Austin. to

i dont know if anybody else did this but i went using the first sentence or thought and then moved on from that point.

make sense?

Then I went on down the road to try to get outside would be the best way to explain it and then ofcourse unknown unknown...

if that makes sense to anybody then fine...it is not a reational thing it is more of a "picture" thing and somehow your rational can mess up the picture.

Thats the danger by the way...rational and unrational.

This was a foray for me into the spirit world.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There are also unknown knowns, of which I am far more concerned that make Donald Rumsfeld look like a fungus spore.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
lol

I have been using the exercises in Prometheus Rising and trying to zone in on certain spiritual things.

To say I am a novice is a understatement.

Also I tread lightly as I said above it is irrational stuff. I get a picture and then I write or talk concerning a certain thing. Ask some questions. Relax and "try to see".

This unknown unknown kept bubbling up and the American people getting the blame by some goverment people.

Anyhow I posted some of the gibberish and then later posted that funny video with Rummy so as to say that "he has no clue."

I know it sounds a bit eccentric but like I said I am treading lightly in this seeing thing.

note: the picture i saw was very confusing...panic among some and it all came about very quickly

organic would be a term I would use rather then astro terf and i saw a thick forest and its roots going down to the roots of the country.

not a forest fire but whatever the thing is it started with a little spark and burned in the souls of the people....(this is my rational mind trying to explain what I saw and so this is the thing that screws up as it is then that I may not fully understand the picture)

Weird wild stuff.

Again I used the first sentence to enter...the idea of good people in the government wanting to protect the public.

Also this could end up being just gibberish as well...lol...

Prometheus Rising
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Prometheus Rising
Author Robert Anton Wilson
Cover artist Stan Slaughter
Country USA
Language English
Subject(s) Self-improvement/philosophy & morality; publisher description: "Psychology/Social Commentary"
Genre(s) Nonfiction
Publisher New Falcon Publications
Publication date 1983
Media type Softcover
Pages 262
ISBN 1561840564
OCLC Number 38328352

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson is a guide book of "how to get from here to there", an amalgam of Timothy Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness, Gurdjieff's self-observation exercises, Alfred Korzybski's general semantics, Aleister Crowley's magical theorems, Sociobiology, Yoga, Christian Science, relativity, and quantum mechanics amongst other approaches to understanding the world around us.

Claiming to be a short book (nearly 300 pages) about how the human mind works and how to get the most use from one, Wilson describes it as an "owner's manual for the human brain".

The book, which examines many aspects of social mind control and mental imprinting, provides mind exercises at the end of every chapter, with the goal of giving the reader more control over how one's mind works. The book, which has found many readers among followers of alternative culture, also discusses the effect of certain psychoactive substances and how these affect the brain, tantric breathing techniques, and other methods and holistic approaches to expanding consciousness.

Copyrighted and published in 1983, Prometheus Rising began as Wilson's Ph.D. dissertation called "The Evolution of Neuro-Sociological Circuits: A Contribution to the Sociobiology of Consciousness" in 1978-79 for Paideia University. In 1982, while in Ireland, Wilson rewrote the manuscript for commercial publication, removing footnotes, bolding up the style, adding chapters and exercises, and sketching out diagrams for the illustrations. Eventually Wilson submitted the work to New Falcon Publications, which accepted it within 48 hours. Wilson received his advance 48 hours after that, according to his preface in tenth printing of Prometheus Rising.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I fully understand that this is not objective nor is it rational in the strictest sense of the meaning.

But the Prometheus Rising exercise seems to work.

With the latest headlines concerning the patriots, minute men etc....and then roots to the very founding of the country seems to have come true.

lol

Crowley compare it to diving down a road. Your senses are tuned into your destination. You can see the future.

You can see your destination and you can "sense" that "in the future" be it 1 minute or so you know your future. Unless some unknown thing takes place.

Now...things can happen in that minute that you are not aware of. Unknown unknowns...

Or are you??

St Paul in the New Testament spoke of having his senses trained to discern.
(note: this is not a theological thread)

Crowley discusses the same.

Prometheus Rising gives you some exercises to help with this.

new topics

top topics

join