It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman died after blood 'refusal'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Woman died after blood 'refusal'

news.bbc.co.uk

A mother who died after giving birth in hospital would have had a much higher chance of survival if she had accepted a blood transfusion, an inquest heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This woman, a Jehovah's Witness, become a martyr for her religious beliefs. Why is this religion still 'trading'? Very brief research will show this religion condemned its members for having organ transplants a few years ago, their rule has now changed and organ transplant are 'ok' to have.

The same is true for abstaining from blood, people unnecessary became martyrs before their ruling changed on allowing 'blood fractions'.

Why haven't the Watchtower Bible and Tract society been brought into account for the unnecessary deaths they have promoted?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
LOL poor Jehovah's Witness, they are so stupid, When we were kid me and one friend told them our parent were gone to the hospital for a blood transfusion when they knocked th door so they leave us alone

For the story, she died for her stupidity and now there is a child that will never know mummy, what a shame, when will people forget religion and thinking a little bit?...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Taking fluids from others is a very poor practice. Fluids from others is not removed from eating meat and would be be very degrading to the consciousness and spiritual welfare in most cases. Death is preferred. Transfusions yet another way of degrading humanity. A competent doctor might have had her prepare for this with some blood donations of her own. Otherwise, she and her family did the right thing tho the beasts will think otherwise. Such is the way of the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If those children are in the care of family members who are also jehova's witnesses, whatever agency is in charge of the welfare of children there in the U.K. need to step in.

The death of the mother caused by religious beliefs should be cause enough for concern of the children because of religious beliefs.

The safety and welfare of the children should trump religious beliefs.

Always.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

We'll put, Its hard when they come knocking on the door because usally they have there poor kids there and i'd hate to make them feel any worse (or for that matter fuel there religious fire) as Reelview said "such is the way of the world."

[edit on 15-2-2010 by paine]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Taking fluids from others is a very poor practice.

Really how so?

I'm at a loss then to fathom how a Jehova's Witness becomes pregnant! :puzz:

Fluids from others is not removed from eating meat and would be be very degrading to the consciousness and spiritual welfare in most cases.

Umm... it's very different! Taking a blood transfusion is not the same as killing an animal to devour it's flesh. It's more akin to accepting water from someone in the desert in order to survive.

Transfusions yet another way of degrading humanity.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It celebrates humanity and the willingness to help others. It's a gift of kindness... a gift of life. What could be more precious? Your view has been perverted by religious ideology/zealotry.

A competent doctor might have had her prepare for this with some blood donations of her own.

I agree, this would have been a good idea... and perhaps a grand oversight by the religion itself for not making this a mandatory precaution for any members undergoing medical procedures.

Otherwise, she and her family did the right thing tho the beasts will think otherwise.

Yep, I'm sure her daughter/son will be over the moon about it.. and her husband has been too busy drinking the koolaid to know any different!

Beasts? As in Devil? As in anyone who doesn't subscribe to your black & white, unforgiving belief system?

Such is the way of the world.

No... such is the way of ignorant and backward cults.

IRM

[edit on 15/2/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My oldest sister died after refusing a transfusion. She was taken in by that cult and bought it hook line and sinker.

They are not a religion they are a cult. It is not a pretty sight when they show up at my door.. They should be outlawed.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is really sad.

However, I, too refused a blood transfusion after both my baby & I almost died during childbirth. I am not a member of any religion. My bloodcount at the time was next to nothing. I refused to consent, all of my relatives refused to consent and I was told as long as my heart could function without damage they would abide by my wishes, but as soon as there was any indication of things progressing as they believed they would, it would no longer be my decision - they would have a court order.

I am not a member of any religion - I don't know if that is why they gave me some lee-way?

Didn't end up getting any transfusions, but was in the hospital for close to 3 weeks.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When we moved into the small town we live in now 4 years ago, 2 jehova witnesses started knocking on our door about 3 months after we moved in.

For the next 6 months they showed up about once a month. I never let them in my house but I did play nice and talked to them for about 5 minutes then said I had to go to work. On the 7th month they started getting more personal and blunt with their questions, so I figured I had enough when they asked me why I don't go to church. My answer-

Religion is currupt and churches are a vessel for that curruption. I believe in a higher power. I don't believe that I have to go to church to be a good person nor do I believe in pressuring a person to think, feel, or believe in the same things I do. Have a nice day.

They've never been back.

The moral of the story?

They've never been back.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I refused to take the H1N1 vaccine.

The Insurance companies were just p*ssed that they couldn't bill for the extra proceedure.

Do you think if this were a charity patient that could not/would not be able to pay the bill and the family would not sue this story would have even made the news? You don't hear these stories about the amish do you?

For the record I think once public opinion parroting the MSM views we might as well just get microchipped and get it over with.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

The Amish have more sense then these idiots in the story.

The Amish have doctors who are also Amish or a close variation thereof. With the church elders permission, students travel by horse and buggy to the nearest state accredited school to get their degree and licence to practice medicine. They will go to hospitals only in extreme cases. They have their children at home when their doctor see's little chance of complications, of which there are very few because the Amish, by and large, are healthier than us simply because of the way they live.

When my mother, who was born and raised Amish [I wasn't] was 7 years old, she had a life threatening condition which the local doctor couldn't help, so she was transpoted by ambulance to a hospital in Fort Wayne In. that could treat her condition.

They believe that the Good Lord helps those who help themselves, hence their way of life-self suffiency. Yes, their way of life may be dictated by religion, but at least it's a healthy interpretaion. They are some of the most peaceful, prosperous peolpe you could ever meet. Their way of life was established long before America was colonized and will be here for generations to come.

I'm not trying to bust your nutcage, but when you try to compare 2 ways of life with each other, I strongly suggest that you know what you're talking about before you talk.

The religion the Amish practice and live by is harmless because it harms no one. Not even themselves. jehova witnesses? It's not so much a relgion as it is a cult and these idiots keep making the news because of incidents like this.

How anyoneone can defend them and condone their actions ad thought processes are beyond me. I see absolutly NOTHING positive about them at all.

Peace [Hey, what happened to the usual options of smiley's????]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate to be crude about this but you know what, good. If you are that thick that you would prefer to die than undergo a rather simple process (relatively speaking of course) then perhaps you shouldn't be here in the first place. I believe this is one of those survival of the fittest moments, and obviously she didn't make the cut for her own selfish reasons (obviously she thought more of religion than the duties she has to her offspring)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I'm telling you! That is so true. If you are either so ignorant or just plain dumb that you are willing to sacrifice your own life for your religion.... Well, that kid is better off with a different person raising her.

For some reason I am reminded of that story from the bible where asked god asked abraham to kill his son isaac ( Or atleast I think those were the names... I don't know, I am not into religion)....

In the story I think God was testing Abraham... and this guy was actually going to kill his own son for his god! That is scary to me, that there are people out there who are willing to sacrifice themselves or others for some facless nameless god....

Just scary.... trust me, this baby is far better off with this lady dead.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I dont see why this part of the religion is followed in such a strict manner. In pretty much every religion going you can bet that the vast majority dont follow their religions guidelines down to the last word.
Plus, as with many other beliefs concerning The Bible, its open to interpretation. If I remember correctly (after being preached to by a Jehovah's witness) there's something in the bible about not 'eating' blood. But in my mind eating something and having a blood transfusion are two different things.

Either way though, if you're in the position where you're going to be leaving small children who you have a responsibility to behind, then what kind of God would rather you die than be around to bring your children up & be with your family? Just doesnt make sense. Especially when you consider that allegedly rapists, murderers etc can be forgiven if they repent at some point.. so surely a blood tranfusion would be forgivable?

I suppose we should just be glad that she didnt have any complications earlier in the pregnancy, would have been 3 lives lost if she'd needed a transfusion then.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
my mom is alive because she didn't get a blood transfusion, no shes not a Jehovah witness, they used a new machine that cleans and circulates her blood, the blood they were going to use ended up being tainted

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Thats a very good thing, however thats a logical decision as opposed to what this woman in the original post did, she was making her decision based on stupidity, ignorance and outright bleepin disregard for the life of her child and the fact that it won't ever really know its mother. Props to your mother for having the forethought to be hesitant to be a guinea pig for a new machine

new topics

top topics

join