It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Turns Off Camera Before Beating Up Female

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thanks for pointing that to me

I didn't found the news on him resigning after being reinstated and seeing how he was reinstated over that not working poly story disgusted me

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No worries - I understand.

The whole idea of him being reinstated over that made me angry too.

My personal 2 cents is that he should have gotten some jail time and that he got off way easy on the whole thing.

But, given the personality traits he displays I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up behind bars sooner or later for something.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

A woman brought in on suspected DUI is cuffed then beaten. A camera is on during the beginning of the incident, but then turned off. When it is turned back on, the woman is lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Somehow a police spokesperson characterizing it as standard procedure, insisting the woman ‘hurt herself’ while resisting.

www.infowars.com...

I wonder what happened...

# that COP! If someone is asking for a simple phone call, GODAMN IT give it to THEM! They feed off the evil, i swear it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This episode have trully shocked me! it is like a horror movie. I feel the creeps when i see him pulling her in the ground in that blood pool like a potato bag!
The man is a monster or is greatly mentaly disturbed!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
LOL! I have seen one of these incidents first hand!

I used to spend the night in jail pretty regularly because I drove on a suspended license for about 3 years. I was always courteous and polite to the cops and they treated me well.

One night about 11:00 I was sitting at the desk with a detective waiting for someone to come get me. They brought in a loud sloppy drunk on a DUI. He was threatening them and flailing and calling them a ton of names, and eventually they got him into a cell and tried to go back to work. The guy kept on kicking the walls, and screaming and daring any cop to come in there and get what they deserved, and daring them to take off their badge and see what happens, etc., etc. It was getting disruptive and the Detective opened the door and warned him to shut up. The guy starts talking about the detective's wife and mother and daring him to take off his badge and belt and come inside.

The detective calmly walked to the desk, took off his belt, and his main shirt, and laid all his stuff on the desk, turned off the cctv, and told me he would be right back! He went into the room, the guy's tune changed to apologies of course, but that did not stop the beating!! After 2 or 3 minutes the detective came out, redfaced and sweaty, got redressed and finished my paperwork. There wasn't another peep out of that cell!

Sure it is not appropriate, but it was extremely funny at the time! The guy really begged for it before he finally got what he asked for!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Broken nose and teeth? Sounds like what happens when a drunk is handcuffed and falls flat on their face.

Before anyone tries to jump on me as a police defender; I don't see anything that without a doubt states that he beat her. In the state that she was in, it's very likely she did hurt herself.

I'm a strong supporter of putting CCTV in every room of a police dept. Obviously people can't be trusted with power anymore.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

This video is old news......I actually know this woman and yes she did win
the lawsuit against the city...........

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Do you?
Did she?

All I can find are articles on the attack itself and the officer's reinstatement and resignation. Nothing that mentions her lawsuit and its outcome.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
To all those who are saying that she deserved what she got because she was drunk need to watch the video again.

IT WAS DETERMINED THAT SHE WAS NOT INTOXICATED!!!!!
All you folks will have to come up with a different reason to stand beside this "officer of the law".

Her injuries could not have been done solely by a fall. Two black eyes? Broken teeth? When the officer isn't pulling her around, she seems to be able to keep her balance pretty well. Doncha think? If he wanted her to stay seated & thought she was becoming too combative, he could've handcuffed her to the chair & table.

His decision to turn off the camera may have buried the truth, but it proves that his actions were pre-meditated. That alone should be proof enough to bring him up on charges of police brutality. I'm glad she did "win" in the end though with that cash settlement.

Oh, & that lawyer speaking at the end of the video needs a good beating, too. How does he sleep at night? Oh, that's right. Being such a great lawyer for the po-po practically gives him diplomatic immunity. Party on!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well, she certainly didn't want to listen to anything did she. Several actions that showed her resisting.

That being said, if she was beaten, she didn't deserve it.

We'll never know the truth.

Many will come to this thread though and bash the police, most probably won't even watch the video.

This is an old video. Although she was charged with impaired driving, she was not over the limit by much as I understand it. The cop had no place to shut off the video and her injuries were far too extreme to have happened by a single fall. Of course the police officer denies it. Now why is it that she is "suspected" of driving drunk, and she's a criminal, but the police man who is "suspected" of beating her after turning off the camera is not?

The police officer was fired by the way.
Fox News Link

..Ex

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Do you?
Did she?

All I can find are articles on the attack itself and the officer's reinstatement and resignation. Nothing that mentions her lawsuit and its outcome.

Look at 1st page of this thread. Post by me. There is a link there.

The link says...

Shreveport pays Garbarino $400,000

I'll quote it one more time for good measure.

The City of Shreveport has reached a $400,000 out-of-court settlement with a Mooringsport woman who claims she was injured while being booked on a DWI charge in November 2007.

The city also agreed Friday to drop all charges against Angela Garbarino, city attorney Terri Scott said. In turn, she said, Garbarino and her attorney Gary Bowers have agreed not to pursue any legal action against the city or the former officer involved, Wiley Willis.
Talks began about 9 a.m. Friday and resulted in an agreement by midafternoon.
The settlement is not an admission of guilt by either the city or Garbarino, Scott said.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

I wonder what happened...

The woman obviously hurt herself while resisting.

I will never defend a drunk driver. Ever.

Nobody's asking you to defend a drunk driver. And suspicion of DUI doesn't give you or anyone else the authority to circumvent procedure... which apparently this guy chose to do. His actions cost the city $400,000. Lesson learned??? I'm glad after this case ran the course that he quit... and I hope he never has the opportunity to be behind a badge EVER AGAIN. EVER!!!

[edit on 20/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Guys like this should NEVER WORK IN LAW ENFORCEMENT. How many females has he manhandled or intimidated on the street that were too afraid to do something?[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How does one fall and hit BOTH EYE SOCKETS? The nose is in between preventing it.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Guys like this should NEVER WORK IN LAW ENFORCEMENT. How many females has he manhandled or intimidated on the street that were too afraid to do something?[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]

How many females has he manhandled? Perhaps he was demonstrating gender equality... eh???

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by eNumbra
Do you?
Did she?

Look at 1st page of this thread. Post by me. There is a link there.

The link says...

Shreveport pays Garbarino $400,000

I'll quote it one more time for good measure.

The City of Shreveport has reached a $400,000 out-of-court settlement with a Mooringsport woman who claims she was injured while being booked on a DWI charge in November 2007.

The city also agreed Friday to drop all charges against Angela Garbarino, city attorney Terri Scott said. In turn, she said, Garbarino and her attorney Gary Bowers have agreed not to pursue any legal action against the city or the former officer involved, Wiley Willis.
Talks began about 9 a.m. Friday and resulted in an agreement by midafternoon.
The settlement is not an admission of guilt by either the city or Garbarino, Scott said.

Well, I'm glad she got some restitution considering she was found not to be intoxicated.

Out of court settlements do not mean anyone was right, only that the paying party wishes not to have their names dragged through the mud.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
what the #kk.. she did this to herself?????????
and no criminal charges??? the victim can testify!! for gods sake..
what the hell is going on with the system....

<< 1   >>

join