It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Turns Off Camera Before Beating Up Female

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

A woman brought in on suspected DUI is cuffed then beaten. A camera is on during the beginning of the incident, but then turned off. When it is turned back on, the woman is lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Somehow a police spokesperson characterizing it as standard procedure, insisting the woman ‘hurt herself’ while resisting.

www.infowars.com...

I wonder what happened...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I wonder what happened...

The woman obviously hurt herself while resisting.

I will never defend a drunk driver. Ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'll never defend a drunk driver either (having lost two family members and a friend to it), but then again i'll never defend an abusive pig either...

Damn.,.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Of course that upstanding paragon of police work didn't beat her! She simply resisted and uh ... fell on the ground ....um ....

Seriously though, she had two black eyes, broken nose, broken teeth and cuts ... I am not sure how she could "hurt herself" like that ...

I am disappointed he was only fired ...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, she certainly didn't want to listen to anything did she. Several actions that showed her resisting.

That being said, if she was beaten, she didn't deserve it.

We'll never know the truth.

Many will come to this thread though and bash the police, most probably won't even watch the video.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
DAAAMN. The cops @#@#@d her up big time.
"her injuries were caused when she fell" HA!!
I just dont know what to say about these kinds of things anymore.
And the police want us to Trust them...Ha!

And BTW- Her lawyers says she was not drunk. Did the police NOT give her a alcohol test before reading her rights?
That said, even if she was drunk, this officer was WAY out of bounds with this. He should be charged with assault and battery and locked up with all those he put away.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
for the sheer sensation!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This one has actually been around for a bit and quite a lot has happened after the event.

For one, the officer was fired and then reinstated with full back pay on a technicality

*Warning - a photo of the woman's injuries at the link below*

Louisiana Officer in Beating Case Reinstated and Given Back Pay Despite Shocking Videotape

The Civil Service Board ruled that Willis’ rights, under the Police Officer Bill of Rights, were violated because an expert failed to record a polygraph examination Willis took as part of the Police Department’s investigation into Garbarino’s injuries, including two black eyes and a broken nose. Willis asks if the camera is on before turning it off. When he turns the camera on again, Garbarino is beaten and bloody.

After having gotten his money he promptly tucked tail and resigned.

Wiley Willis resigns from Police Department

As for the lady - she got a $400,000 settlement.

Shreveport pays Garbarino $400,000

The City of Shreveport has reached a $400,000 out-of-court settlement with a Mooringsport woman who claims she was injured while being booked on a DWI charge in November 2007.

The city also agreed Friday to drop all charges against Angela Garbarino, city attorney Terri Scott said. In turn, she said, Garbarino and her attorney Gary Bowers have agreed not to pursue any legal action against the city or the former officer involved, Wiley Willis.
Talks began about 9 a.m. Friday and resulted in an agreement by midafternoon.
The settlement is not an admission of guilt by either the city or Garbarino, Scott said.

The only good I see out of this is that she got some $. The officer will likely get a job in another town down the road. Where, given the character he's shown thus far he'll probably continue the same behavior because he's learned he can get away with it.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Many will come to this thread though and bash the police, most probably won't even watch the video.

And many will defend the police AFTER watching the video, which is even worse.

I'm sure all the red on the floor was just all the wine she drank.

btw, this is VERY old

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
why are cops revered by common folks in USofA? they even endorse such behavior by trying to justify it no matter what. it is just beyond me how all these good for nothing thick sculled dumb fukcs in uniform get all that respect they dont deserve.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Understand this..ALL POLICE OFFICERS are Coprorate SECURITY GAURDS>

It's that simple and it is the truth. Sheriffs are elected by the people. Cops are HIRED by the City. The city is a susidiary corporation of the State corporation.

You ARE above the law as these are nothing more than regulations, you can not be fined for ignoring a regulation. The City has ONLY the authority YOU give it. If the ordinance, statute, code or regulation are deemed to be unconstitutional or violate your sovereign and inaleinable rights, then they are null and void.

"Do unto others" is God's law, whether you believe in him or not, that is the one common law by which all other comman laws are derived. Thou shalt NEVER infringe upon anothers rights, life, liberty or property EVER.

Whatever happened to the statement on the side of squad cars, "To Protect and Serve"? Don't see that anymore do you? They ceased to be public servants and became enforcers back in the early 70's, it just took some time to weed out the real Officers who abided by the Constitution and protected your rights.

This woman did not deserve a beating. If you want drunk drivers off the road, make it a 10 year prison term and loss of all property. Would you drive drunk if the consequences were that high? The cities need the revenue so they let people drive drunk time after time.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd say it's more likely that she was still beligerent and not listening to the office even after the video was turned off and as a result she fell down.

Since her heands are handcuffed behind her back, the only thing she had to catch herself as she fell was her face, as you can see in the picture.

She was arrested for suspicion of driving while intoxicated because she had a wreck. If she was innebriated, which is more than likely given her behaviour on camera, then it would have something to do with her falling.

The cop got her to sit down and she said that she would be compliant, so he turned off th video to save it as evidence. Being that she was intoxicated and obviously not going to listen to the officer, she tried to get up again and that's when she more than likely fell.

I'm sure her story of police brutality only came in to play once she found out tha the video had been turned off and there was no evidence of her behaviour during the time in question.

Of course her lawyers are going to say that she wasn't drunk or that she had not been drinking at all. Because it's only going to make the case look that much better to the public and jury.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection

The cop got her to sit down and she said that she would be compliant, so he turned off th video to save it as evidence. Being that she was intoxicated and obviously not going to listen to the officer, she tried to get up again and that's when she more than likely fell.

I'm sure her story of police brutality only came in to play once she found out tha the video had been turned off and there was no evidence of her behaviour during the time in question.

Of course her lawyers are going to say that she wasn't drunk or that she had not been drinking at all. Because it's only going to make the case look that much better to the public and jury.

this makes NO sense. turned off the vid to save it as evidence?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was arrested 5 years ago for a DUI. I was in the wrong and I wasn't in denial that I had did something wrong. I paid my fines and I had to take ASAP. The procedure is to take a breathalyzer on site and one time at the police station so it holds up in court. If she wasn't cooperative enough to get one at the police station do you beat her up? Hell no that's wrong. He blackened both her eyes for Christ sake. I would never defend a drunk driver but would you defend someone who abuses power? No. I am glad his white trash family will go hungry for this. MALL COP!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That officer should be charged with assault and the Police cheir fired. The woman just had a wreck, she was disoriented and while obnoxious that is nothing worth the beating she received. Once in handcuffs her health was the responsiblity of the officer who obviously beat the crap out of her. He deserves the same.
This is what happend when you don't train police officers fully or hire people with violent tendencies that never should be law officers. This is disgusting and criminal and it helps make ALL LEO's look bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection

this makes NO sense. turned off the vid to save it as evidence?

Doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what the video says. Once she was compliant, he turned the video off to save it for evidence.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You know what's the most bothering thing ? That that psychotic cop Willie Willis is back on the force .

He was laid off for a time , but now he's back , he was reinstated

A retarded person that isn't able to cope with pressure and , a schizophrenic behavior that consists in violent attacks whenever the he isn't able to make a point or whenever his power of understanding gets left behind...
That's Willie Willis the officer protecting the Shrevenport community .

Those people sure feel safe.

If by any chance some of them will ever see this thread i suggest to bomb the police station with complainments and make them feel pressure :

POLICE ADMINISTRATION
Chief of Police
Henry Whitehorn
Office: (318) 673-6900

Assistant to the Chief
Duane Huddleston

Office: (318) 673-6908

Internal Affairs
Lieutenant Bill Offer

Office: (318) 673-6924

Training Academy
Lieutenant Mike Tong

Office: (318) 673-7170

Public Information Officer
Corporal Bill Goodin

Office: (318) 673-6932

Technical Service Bureau
Captain Ray Goeckel

Office: (318) 673-6906

INVESTIGATION DIVISION

Investigations
Assistant Chief Mark Holley

Office: (318) 673-7200

Detective Bureau
Captain James Baker

Office: (318) 673-6955

Narcotics Bureau
Captain Mike Laing

Office: (318) 673-7040

SUPPORT

Support
Assistant Chief Wayne Smith

Office: (318) 673-7079

Alarm Administrator

Office: (318) 673-6934
[email protected]

Communications Bureau
Captain Rodney Price

Office: (318) 673-2230

Human Resources Bureau
Captain David Kent

Office: (318) 673-6928

Information Services
Captain Johnny Coffey

Office: (318) 673-7102

City Jail
Captain Steven Pierce

Office: (318) 673-7304

UNIFORM SERVICES DIVISION
East Side
Assistant Chief Cheryl Jeter
Office: (318) 673-7202
West Side
Assistant Chief Robert Dowell
Office: (318) 673-7204
Uniform Services Administration
Captain Travis Hayes
Office: (318) 673-7238
Field Support Bureau
Captain Mark Jaudon
Office: (318) 673-7258
Area 1 Captain
Captain D. E. McDaniels
Office: (318) 673-7258
Area 2 Captain
Captain Kim Price
Office: (318) 673-7239
Area 3 Captain
Captain William J. Nelson
Office: (318) 673-7237
Area 4 Captain
Captain Tony LeBlanc
Office: (318) 673-7267

COMMUNITY ORIENTED POLICE
C.O.P. Bureau Commander
Captain Jacqueline V. Willis
Office: (318) 673-7383
Cell
318) 455-2863
[email protected]
C.O.P. Executive Officer
Lieutenant Michael Kellum
Office: (318) 673-7236
Cell
318) 455-0054
[email protected]
C.O.P. Volunteer Coordinator
Sergeant Keith Grant
Office: (318) 673-7381
Cell
318) 455-3803
[email protected]
C.O.P. Office Manager
Laura W. Collins
Office: (318) 673-6950
[email protected]
C.O.P. Bureau East Side Supervisor
Sergeant Allen Johnson
3500 Beverly Place
(Querbes Park)
Office: (318) 673-7378
Cell: (318) 455-4686
[email protected]
NAT 1
Sandra Lister
Office located at:
2200 Milam Avenue
(Lakeside Recreation Center)
Office: (318) 673-6936
Pager: (318) 518-9423
[email protected]
NAT 2
Mary Ellen Hoffman
Office located at:
3500 Beverly Place
(Querbes Park)
Office: (318) 673-7397
Pager: (318) 465-0999
[email protected]
C.O.P. Bureau West Side Supervisor
Sergeant Janice Dailey
Office located at:
6500 Kennedy Drive
(Airport Park)
Office: (318) 673-7357
Cell: (318) 465-6551
[email protected]
NAT 3
Tira Glover
Office located at:
6500 Kennedy Drive
(Airport Park)
Office: (318) 673-7359
[email protected]
NAT 4
Bobby Henderson
Office located at:
547 E. 79th Street
(A. B. Palmer Park)
Office: (318) 673-7399
Cell: (318) 210-2230
Bobby [email protected]
CLO District 1
Corporal Deidrick Williams
Office located at:
1515 Airport Drive
(Downtown Airport)
Cell: (318) 402-1231
[email protected]
CLO District 2
Corporal Mary Coburn
Office located at:
1515 Airport Drive
(Downtown Airport)
Office: (318) 673-7348
Cell: (318) 402-3850
[email protected]
CLO District 3
Corporal Mike Dunn
Office located at:
2200 Milam
(Lakeside)
Cell: (318) 402-1154
[email protected]
CLO District 4
Corporal Amy Bowman
Office located at:
2121 Fairfield
(Centerpoint)
Cell: (318) 401-8267
[email protected]
CLO District 5
Corporal Robert Elliot
Office located at:
3500 Beverly Place
(Querbes Park)
Cell: (318) 402-3605
[email protected]
CLO District 6
Corporal Tony Rei
Office located at:
547 E. 79th Street
(A.B. Palmer Park)

Office: (318) 673-7393
Cell: (318) 402-2691
[email protected]
CLO District 7
Corporal Anthony Adams
Office located at:
1905 Alabama
(Bilberry Park)
Cell: (318) 402-3218
[email protected]
CLO District 8
Corporal Meosha Deal
Office located at:
6500 Kennedy Drive
(Airport Park)
Cell: (318) 401-8588
[email protected]
CLO District 9
Corporal James Thomas
Office located at:
4109 Pines Road
(Bill Cockrell)
Office: (318) 673-7356
Cell: (318) 402-3606
[email protected]
CLO District 10
Corporal Angie Willhite
Office located at:
4300 Ledbetter
(Hattie Perry Park)
Cell: (318) 401-8981
[email protected]
CLO District 11
Corporal Van Wray
Office located at:
547 E. 79th Street
(A.B. Palmer)
Office: (318) 673-7355
Cell: (318) 401-8963
[email protected]
CLO District 12
Corporal Chris Harlow
Office located at:
1002 Bert Kouns
(Southern Hills Recreation Center)
Cell: (318) 402-3703
[email protected]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have a question that, perhaps, someone in law enforcement can answer.

How does one resist arrest when cuffed and in a police station? I can see someone being unruly, but resisting? That's a stretch! I suppose it's simply too much to ask to let the unruly individual sleep it off or sit in "time-out" while they calm down.

I, like others, will not defend a drunk driver; however, I also won't defend a cop that can't take the easiest course of action and turn the other cheek.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
One more notch on the belt, every day it seems a cop does something disgraceful to make me dislike them more. And receltly with all this cop violence on here that dislike has increasesed drastically. ****n pigs. I agree drunk driving is horribly unacceptable but she in now way deserved what she got. Especially because I believe she was sober or at least not intoxicated

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
You know what's the most bothering thing ? That that psychotic cop Willie Willis is back on the force .

He was laid off for a time , but now he's back , he was reinstated

No - he is not on the force now.

If you read the links above you'd know that they police chief wanted him gone. However, due to a technicality in the way his firing was handled they had to reinstate him. The police chief expressed dismay at having him back on the force.

He resigned from the force shortly after he was reinstated.

No news on him since then. He may be a cop on another force, he may be sweeping floors at Wal-mart. No news on him since he resigned after his reinstatement.

More links on his resignation from the force below.

www.ksla.com...

www.ktbs.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join