It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's Too Short for Bad Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here are the rules...

1. Name ONE Good Experience & Why
  2. Name ONE Bad Experience & Why

Could be a particular restaurant, a particular ingredient, a region of cuisine...You name it. So long as you wax elegantly on the why and wherefores...Hopefully we'll all learn from each other here, and/or get some interesting opinions on things!

I'll kick it off!

If you're ever in Tallahassee, the best place to go for sushi (imho) is a place called Kitcho! Went there last night with my wife for Valentine's actually! I've tried just about every sushi joint here in town, and quite a few sushi places elsewhere - Kitcho is hands-down the best! Always have to order the Imperial Roll (Tuna, grouper, scallions, avocado, flying fish eggs - Lightly battered and fried - Served with pickled onions, cilantro and a balsamic sauce). Their Spider Roll with soft-shell crab is also a must!

As for the not so savory?! Avoid your nearest KFC Buffet at all costs! I got dragged there today for lunch with a friend b/c it was a close meeting spot for the two of us - I usually don't care much for buffets...Much less, at a fast food place. First time I've ever tried a mix of macaroni and cheese with "steamed" veggies...Don't quite recommend that! Can't say yet whether or not my stomach will recommend it later tonight!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is a place in Alton Illinois called "The Moonlight". Despite their rather unoriginal name, the food is completely to die for. The chicken bianco is exquisite!

As far as disgusting goes.... I think no other place takes the cake more than "Spencer's Family Grill" in Evanston Wyoming.... Omg that place is awful. I wouldn't feed my dog that drivel! (I've tried... She wouldn't touch it!) I recommend avoiding anything on the menu, especially the things that sound good... They're not!

There is a place in that same town called Bon Ricos however that has some very good food!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
1. Good place: Emeril's Tchoup Chop in Orlando, Fl. EVERYTHING was fantastic, even though I probably wouldn't have usually tried half of what I did, but it was all excellent. Also had excellent service, every time we've been.

2. Bad place: Bob Evans. Typically, I'll give a place three strikes, before never going back. This place got all three in one trip. The food was cold, wrong, and just not that tasty, the service stank, and when we complained, the management seemed completely unconcerned... Since then, I highly recommend never going there.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Amen to that!

Ok, talking about restaurant experiences

Yumm Experience:

Ichi Ban Boshi - Authentic Japanese Ramen house in Bondi Junction, Sydney. Super tasty and fresh, cooked right in front of you. Big servings and such a generous attitude from the staff. Always bloody good!

Mmmm Experience:

Some dodgy cafe in Kempsey, NSW, Oz. Ordered pancakes for breakfast and got 3 microwaved packaged pikelets with can whipped cream in a plastic cup and processed strawberry jam. They charged me $8 and tell me that pancakes are supposed to be hard on the outside. Rubbish.

Food is a celebration. It really makes me sad when people ruin the party

[edit on 12/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'll 2nd Tchoup Chop...Amazing place!

Speaking of Orlando - If you're in the Animal Kingdom at Disney, Tusker House Restaurant has an excellent lunch buffet. Pricey, but what isn't when you're at Disney? Great spread, very flavorful food and pleasant service

On my "Never to do again" list...Captain Anderson's in Panama City. They pile in by the thousands here, expecting amazing seafood...The wait is usually long and the service is Bay county's finest, which isn't saying much! I've never had a single decent meal here - The one time I decided to complain, after returning home I sent them an email and explained why I was not impressed by the food/service. In return, I got very spiteful email saying I didn't know what I was talking about and that if I wanted to complain, I should have done it then and there. Long story short, the guy got a piece of my mind. Won't be going back though...

[edit on 3/13/2010 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

join