It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Year's 2010 UFO Phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Howdy All.

Now as I think of myself as an awoken skeptic, I do keep my eye on the UFO phenomena as more things unfold daily, but I noticed that on New Year's Eve/Day last month, I had the impression of a significant increase of, for lack of better terms, "UFO buzz".

On the 1st of January, 2010, at approx. 12.09 AM, I saw three lights in the formation of a triangle high in the skies over where I live, in London (Along with my family and friends). Incredibly this was not caught on video (well not in my group of the sighting, probably did elsewhere).

But nevertheless, I researched into this and not only did I find a UFO video over London on the night, but a huge amount of UFO sightings across the globe on the New Years night.

Here are the links to just some of the videos I digged up in about an hour about the sightings, most just minutes after the clock struck midnight and fireworks were blazing the sky;

UFOs over Scandanavia (Found to be Sweden through the comments)

UFOs over Naples Park, Florida

UFOs over Brazil

UFOs over Los Cristianos, Tenerife (Canary Islands)

UFOs over Munich, Germany

UFOs over Stirling City, United Kingdom

UFOs over California, USA (Santa Cruz)

UFOs over Mulheim, Germany

UFOs over Bolton/Manchester, England

UFOs over Chelsea, England (Also seen over Hammersmith and Fulham)

UFOs over Sunderland, England

UFOs over Glasgow, Scotland

UFOs over Nevada, USA

UFO's over El Cajon, California, USA

UFO over the West Midlands, England

UFO's over Holland

UFO over Holland again filmed in car

UFOs over Portsmouth

UFOs over Nevada, USA

UFOs over Sweden

UFOs over Dublin, Ireland

UFO over Rome, Italy

UFO's over London, England

UFO's over San Diego, California, USA

UFO's over Wakefield, United Kingdom

UFOs over Dubai

Random Talking And Showing His Video

Now these are just the videos that I have looked at about the recent New Years event, I'm sure there are alot more out there that I haven't seen. I also have two videos of Austrailian new year sightings that I will edit in soon.

Now since it's new years, there would indeed be alot of things out and about in the skies, so I picked out the ones that at the very least can spike curiosity. Although they could be Lanters etc, but these vids are quite interesting.

Now assuming they where genuine sightings, what do you make of it? Where they here to view the display?
Or maybe trying to distinguish fireworks from missiles/rockets?
. Cont....

[edit on 15-2-2010 by FermiFlux]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Would be nice to get some views on this and maybe if you have any videos you would like to add that would be great.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

No vids mate but saw 2 amber/orange type ufo orbs flying from the east very fast on New Years. Time of fly by 12.15am

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah 2010 could be interesting if it continues to pick up, and increasingly so.

Could add photos and videos from a mobile phone capture of similar in center of Manchester, but doesn't seem necessary to add to the list.

Another recent sighting in Canterbury, multiple witnesses.

Similarly open and interested in info on 'why'?

Happy year of the tiger.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
S&F
So no answers yet.
Got to post in some of those.
Give them the answers they need.
Crush the Big Lies.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A great collection of videos! Wow...I didn't know there where so many sightings on New Year's.

I'd have to agree that they were observing what happened the display

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've actually been a UFO skeptic for just about ever, but this is... pretty interesting stuff, to say the very least. S&F for you!

Looks like it's the same object being seen everywhere--same formation, at least, and well above the height of the fireworks. Creeeeeeeepy. Would love to know more.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

No vids mate but saw 2 amber/orange type ufo orbs flying from the east very fast on New Years. Time of fly by 12.15am

Yeah, this seems to be the general sighting across the board on the night, except it was 3 orange/amber orbs in the formation of a triangle where one light either dimmed out or moved.

Thanks for the input

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well New Years eve, lots of lanterns flying around all over the world. People usually have their cameras and video cameras ready when there's a celebration. Nothing more to say really. G'day sir.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I just want to mention that chinese lanterns often appears as amber/orange orbs in the sky, and it is not uncommon for people to launch them during the New Year's celebration.They usually burn for around 20 minutes before they dim down and go out.

Also, any three random objects or dots will form a "triangle". Our brains automatically connects the dots. Just try it yourself, put three dots on a piece of paper, and you will se a triangle.

In this video you can see how chinese lanterns look in the night sky:

I am not saying that every UFO in the OP's videos are chinese lanterns, but it is a strong possibility that at least some of them are, though.

[edit on 15/2/10 by ziggystar60]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

I just want to mention that chinese lanterns often appears as amber/orange orbs in the sky, and it is not uncommon for people to launch them during the New Year's celebration.They usually burn for around 20 minutes before they dim down and go out.

Also, any three random objects or dots will form a "triangle". Our brains automatically connects the dots. Just try it yourself, put three dots on a piece of paper, and you will se a triangle.

In this video you can see how chinese lanterns look in the night sky:

I am not saying that every UFO in the OP's videos are chinese lanterns, but it is a strong possibility that at least some of them are, though.

[edit on 15/2/10 by ziggystar60]

Great vid, I do see the resemblance between the lanterns and some of the videos, which I noted. I myself am skeptical which is the reason I chose a wide range of videos to take a look at. I must say in some videos the light is more bright and seems to be at a very high altitude which makes me curious.

Nice video though

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
I must say in some videos the light is more bright and seems to be at a very high altitude which makes me curious.

Chinese lanterns can actually reach an altitude of over 1000 feet. And in different videos I have seen of these lanterns, they seem to appear more bright/"white" the further up in the sky they rise. (These lanterns also comes in different colors, and that may have something to do with it.)

Some information about chinese lanterns and also more footage can be found here by a company which sells them in UK:
www.flyingchineselanterns.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join