It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gathering of the dead, messages we should take to our graves as well!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well for all the crap i talk i thought i might be good to start a thread about those leaders and their messages from which i draw from, you know the ones! They all tried to teach us to love each other, instead we KILLED them. So here goes.

#1 Jesus

Wether Jesus existed or not the message sent was the first of love your enemy and take care of each other.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Jesus Christ

#2 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

To me Ghandi's teachings were not theory, he put them to practice and drove out the British Empire. For this Ghandi also paid the ultimate price at the hands of his own people who didn't truely understand what he stood for.

en.wikipedia.org...

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? "ghandi"

#3 Martin Luther King, Jr.

To even mention Dr. King brings a tear to my eye. Dr. King was another in the list to PROVE his theories, by using non-violence protest to achieve his goal. He was a father to many and his brothers keeper. No words could express what Dr. King did for all of us. Only a falling tear can understand his plight.

en.wikipedia.org...

"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan". Martin Luther King, Jr

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem". Martin Luther King, Jr

#4 John Lennon

For me an everlasting imprssion of peace and love, just look into those eyes and understand and feel the love he had for us all. John was a true prophet to humanity, he loved us all good or evil John had a place at his table for even the most wicked.

en.wikipedia.org...

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace". John Lennon

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one". John Lennon

Diana, Princess of Wales
Lady Di may have been royalty, but she had a message as well. She fought hard to rid the world of land mines in order to save peoples live but more importantly to save the children of those countries effected by war. i believe she crossed the roaly family and paid with her life.

en.wikipedia.org...

“It is a weakness that I lead from my heart, and not my head?” Diana, Princess of Wales

“Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.” Diana, Princess of Wales

I know there are a great many more that i could have included, but thats where you come in, i want you as in my other posts to add some input. I see no good in a just a post i see that if we all contribute and bring to the table the other messages that have been out forth by those that see or saw, that we could all love each other in peace and love.

You may say i'm a dreamer but im not the only one!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nice food for thought may I add one? It is my credo but I am not sure who said it.

"Since a person is usually born crying into a laughing room of people, if one has lived their life to its fullest, they should die laughing in a room full of crying people."

Regards...kk

[edit on 15-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
JFK also comes to mind

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm just glad ATS members embrace the 1st amendment, because i used to get some rough looks in college for my outspoken reactions.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

What a fantastic quote, i shall remember and share that thought when my day come thanks
!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

What message of JFK's resonates with you, what meanings did you take from what he said? Is there anything that JFK did or said that you could pass on to us or the ones around you?

Thanks for your input!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"They #### you up, your Mum and Dad" Philip Larkin (20th Century English poet).

An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind.
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
Kahlil Gibran on children

Life's .... a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Shakespeare Macbeth

"I told you I was ill."
Spike Milligan

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
Humphry Bogart

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"It's a great big club, and you ain't in it!

George Carlin

new topics

top topics

join