It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i my brother's keeper?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Dude!
If it don't make sense then whey consider it?
Religions are fine for some people that can make sense of it...or dont even care of it making sense.

For you...Keep searching. Find what does make sense. You are the Judge and JUry. Yours is the responsibility of your own soul/energy. Trust yourself above all else.....
ever hear .."to thine own self......BE TRUE! " ?

That is when you are a man / woman and not a child.
Unfortunately, the western/ European heritage doesn't have adulthood rights like many of the " Heathen" populations of the world. A boy leaves a village for three days to return a Man if he surves the hunt ...etc

So sad that we have 60 y/o boys retired.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Thank you for that inspirational message, awakentired.

Dude!
If it don't make sense then whey consider it?

If it wasn't for the fact that religion is the cause of so much pain in the world, i would drop it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately I consider it my responsibility that my brothers and sisters are not respecting each other because of the different ways they interpret the message from one and the same God.

Peace

[edit on 17-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've always found that phrase kind of annoying. Thanks for putting it into context though.

The purpose of Religion to unite and bring together humanity under one common set of rules and laws has backfired. We have so many Religions and religious denominations that it seems impossible to find common ground on most issues.

I think the fact is that man does not know whether he is his brother's keeper. We are often told to treat others in a way we would like to be treated, but that does not stop others from mistreating us even if we have not done the same to them. We are encouraged to give more than we receive, but if everybody did this there would be no reason left to receive.

Something else to consider about that verse is why does God ask him that question? Do you think God cared what his answer would be if he already knew what had taken place? It's like the Cop and False Insurance claim. The Cop knows the guy concocted the whole thing but is interested in his answer. If he has evidence to prove it and a strong feeling the guy is guilty, is the question just for self-amusement?

[edit on 17/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

<< 1   >>

join