It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Is Military Dictatorship - US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Iran Is Military Dictatorship - US

www.google.com

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said Iran is becoming a military dictatorship - a new US accusation in the midst of rising tensions with Iran over its nuclear ambitions and crackdown on anti-government protesters.

Speaking to Arab students at Carnegie Mellon's Doha campus in Qatar on Monday, Mrs Clinton said Iran's Revolutionary Guard appears to have gained so much power that it is effectively supplanting the government.

"Iran is moving toward a military dictatorship," she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"War of the words" still heating - and fast... I have follow hawkish Hillarys ME tour with kind of bored attitude, but in latest statements she has step over some line.

Iran in dictatorship - Like, really?

I just dont buy this crap at all!

What I remember they just had elections in Iran, where was 250 international observers from all around the world - no real evidence shown from rigged results, but western backed oppositions baseless accuses.

We just saw hundreds of thousand supporters gathering in Tehran - message was send clear out - no matter if we saw some thousand, not even tens of thousands opposition members protests, Iran is united in thei will to survive.

Its clear that Irans common people and crowds are mainly behind their governments actions.

Those few open speaks in last years period at international gatherings (where Iran is normally not welcomed) where Iranian president has had opportunity to speak, messages has been very kind to all of us, very far from aggressive and provocative speaks - like military dictators has used to carry in their agendas.

And to the end - we all know that Supreme leader in Iran is not their president, but religious leaders are --- So Hillary, WTF?

Has dictatorship suddenly born in Iran to some new form, and in "Iranian form of dictatorship" power is handed not only to one leader, but for many dictators at same time?

- Like really, has Hillary take her pills?

US/Israeli warmongering is a shame and pure idiotism.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I have follow hawkish Hillarys ME tour with kind of bored attitude, but in latest statements she has step over some line.

Iran in dictatorship - Like, really?

Hawkish?? Are you kidding??! She took her time to say this.

Iran has been a dictatorship since last June at the very least. The revolutionary guards run the show entirely, and they'll protect their business interests at any cost. When they run out of money and can't pay the Basij, Hezbollah etc, they'll finally collapse.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Its clear that Irans common people and crowds are mainly behind their governments actions.

Have you seen the google earth pictures for Ahmadinejad's speech? There aren't millions in Azadi Square, and you can see all of the buses parked where the regime bussed people in with bribes.

www.iranianuk.com...

This is google's present to the Iranian people because the regime blocked gmail.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hm. So if the President is not the real leader, why hold elections? If the Mullahs are in charge, who votes for them? If the answer is "only a Mullah can vote for a Mullah," then it is an Oligarchy, not a Republic. The Revolutionary Guard is also self-appointed and does not recognize the authority of the other "branches." Calling Iran a military dictatorship is oversimplified, but coveys the proper sentiment. It is a totalitarian state with no clear command structure. That's why the rest of the world fears it. There is no guarantee that its policies or its actions will be consistent. They have caused untold suffering to Muslims in Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories by using them in their proxy war with Israel.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
pot meets the kettle
what a glorious day!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Question everyone should be asking, is please point me to the nations that are NOT "Military Dictatorship's or Nations Economy based on its Military Industrial Complex"

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They're mostly little ones, like Nepal and Tuvolo... but they're out there!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
They're mostly little ones, like Nepal and Tuvolo... but they're out there!

hmm..seems like Hillary isn't doing her job too well, i thought that we covered and sold weapons to every nation on this planet....

I think a joint chief of staff meeting is needed asap.

*footnote, if they do not wish to buy weapons from us we have options" create an unstable government, launch a preemptive strike based on terrorists, plant biological weapons, support neighboring nations to attack

[edit on 15-2-2010 by tristar]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I watch both sides closely in that day - with open mind. You can read my thread from that day and find out my most objective following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And in the end of the day, I just saw weak opposition, and highly motivated police and government people, and tens of times more supporters than opposition members. Government in Iran win that message, its my conclusion after 31th anniversary.

I think in 80% of countries world wide, and their politically activist population get some kind of sallary from doing political work - demonstrations for opposition or government. Thats no news.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

How long have we been listening to anti Iran rhetoric from the MSM? How well is the population conditioned to accepting what the PTB will inevitably bring to fruition? Do we really know what the over all consensus in Iran is about their government that they elected?

We are being told what they want us to feel so that what they want is what we want. When the smoke clears they'll point their cloven hooves at us and say that's what you wanted. All the while cackling demonically.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It couldn't be that people were AFRAID to protest? Because they could get killed by the benevolent RG and militia? No, that would mean it was a police state.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Have you seen the google earth pictures for Ahmadinejad's speech? There aren't millions in Azadi Square, and you can see all of the buses parked where the regime bussed people in with bribes.

www.iranianuk.com...

This is google's present to the Iranian people because the regime blocked gmail.

Thank you for pointing this out. I listened to an interview on "Fresh Aire" on NPR the other day with a female reporter who had spent a lot of time in Iran. Among the anecdotes about how polite and generous the average person in Persia is, she mentioned how they are always bussing people into speeches. The people there don't actually believe what they are cheering for -- they are given premade signs when they arrive at the location -- they are simply doing it because it is a job that pays the bills. Now things are not horribly bad there economically, but this is easy money and is easier than trying to find a job in an economy that is struggling.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers The people there don't actually believe what they are cheering for they are simply doing it because it is a job that pays the bills. Now things are not horribly bad there economically, but this is easy money and is easier than trying to find a job in an economy that is struggling.
Are you discribing the US Congress?

It sounds like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I fear protesting in my own country. Lets not forget the West is fond of "free speech zones" and permits for protesting and use a superbly armed and supported riot police. Arrests are made and we are told they deserved it. People get beaten and we are told they deserved it.

Maybe they did and maybe they didn't but the fact that protesting will achieve little more than tear gas and a wall of black armour is a fear inducing action and meant to be so. Is that not Tyranny also?

Every country has its flavour of opression.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"dealing with dictators, again..."

Not direct from this issue - but something what I want to share in this context...

Iran and US forge partnership against Afghan drug trade

Iranian efforts to seal its borders to the insurgent drug trade is being aided by the allied offensive in Afghanistan.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So to convince Iran to NOT be a military dictatorship, you're going to use the military to teach them a lesson?

Does anyone else find this hypocritical, ironic and retarded?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested that. The Iranian government is the Iranian people's problem. Eventually they will notice that they had a "revolution" without the property being re-distributed. The Mullahs still own all the land.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
To make this promise to be true - Military dictatorship is announced:

Mullen: US committed to preventing another Holocaust

The US is committed to preventing a second Holocaust, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen said during a visit to Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum on Monday.

www.ynetnews.com...

problem - Reaction - Solution!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
To make this promise to be true - Military dictatorship is announced:

Mullen: US committed to preventing another Holocaust

The US is committed to preventing a second Holocaust, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen said during a visit to Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum on Monday.

www.ynetnews.com...

problem - Reaction - Solution!

We are in trouble now folks.

They pulled out the Holocaust Card.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join