It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of the World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Now that Europe has finally started to come together and as the world economy has already merged for all practical purposes..

Will the US join with Canada/ the EU?

How long before the next round of consolidations begin?

I could see a single asian country/union, an Arabic country/union, an American block/union.. possiblity as part of a larger union with the EU..

Will these mergers happen no matter what or will it take a major worldwide shock or depression?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No, the US should never join a federation such as the EU. Hell I want the United States to withdraw from the UN. Let someone else play the role of world police. I'm tired of being ridiculed for trying to help other people. Go back to isolationism and worry about our own problems. Let France be the watchdog, those surrender monkeys.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the U.S. would never join the EU, the reason for it, the US is way too proud.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
Let someone else play the role of world police. I'm tired of being ridiculed for trying to help other people.

America has done its fair share of world policing on its own initiative, not on the United Nations' orders. Iraq being one example. But there are plenty more.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well mr steve, if we did not get involved in Kosovo, genocide would have killed many of those people. So you think we were wrong for getting involved? Same for Iraq, and if we did not do it who would?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The thing is nobody asked the U.S. to be the World police. The U.S. is thereofore on the hook for it's military operations. U.S. foreign policy has led us to where we are today(Past and Present). Everybody always uses the abuses and torture of Saddam as reason for liberating(or suposedly) the Iraqi people. That is a good argument which I totally support, but then why hasn't the U.S. commited itself to places in Africa where genocide is really happening. But they don't, why? There are no economic reasons to help those people so they can't recover the costs of the war.

So if the U.S. is going to start painting itself as world liberators of oppression, then let's see some action in other countries where torture and oppression occur. But then Bushes oil buddies and contractors might not make as much money.

What is the real motivation for the war in Iraq?

-Is it really for liberation of the Iraqi People?
-Is it for access to cheaper oil?
-Is it to have secure access to middle east military bases?

Who knows, the premise of world liberators doesn't wash with me, there is more to the story.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by DEEZNUTZ]

Gnu

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
1. The American people have been isolated for a very very long time thanks to your government, good thing is some of you are starting to see the truth.

2.The Eu is opposing America, they are not interrested in America in Eu

Freedom Fighter

Which genocide? the one on the serbs or the albanians? the serbs started the push on the albanians as a retaliation for the bombings.The Albanians tried the same thing in Macedonia and northern Greece but it didnt work well for them beacuse America wasn`t behind them.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Really? i don't recall there being an economic gain for the US when we stopped what could have been bloodshed in Haiti this year....

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
as world liberators of oppression, then let's see some action in other countries where torture and oppression occur.

instead of critisizing america why cant other countries do more instead of relying on us to fix it all? even though we have forces in over100 countries doing exactly that, even in secret operations with allies against countries like zimbabwe and others, also why we create proxy forces that we train to do the dirty work, most of these things in secret so people dont hassle the military about that too because people would.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We have done such things before, help other countries and not getting anything in return.

" Introduction and Summary

The overall situation in Burma has changed little over the past six months. The Burmese government released most persons arrested during the government�s May 2003 attack on Aung San Suu Kyi and her convoy. However, many pro-democracy supporters rounded up in the aftermath of the attack remain in detention; National League for Democracy (NLD) offices remain closed; senior opposition party leaders, including Aung San Suu Kyi and U Tin Oo, remain largely incommunicado under house arrest; and the government refuses to investigate the May attack. The Government of Burma (GOB) also has arrested more people for their peaceful political activities over the past six months, while over a thousand persons remain jailed for their political beliefs. The ruling State Peace and Development Council (SPDC) has focused efforts on promoting its own seven-step �road map� to a "genuine and disciplined democratic system." Although the SPDC unveiled the plan in August 2003 following the announcement of new U.S. sanctions, the junta has yet to set a timetable for the transition or give assurances that all political parties and ethnic groups will be included in a transparent and democratic process. In recent months, the SPDC and the Karen National Union (KNU) entered into serious cease-fire negotiations, which could bring an end to decades of conflict.

The U.S. consults with the European Union and others to maintain pressure on the Burmese junta to make progress toward a political transition. Following the events of May 30, the EU expanded the scope of its asset freeze and visa restrictions; Canada imposed visa restrictions; and Japan froze new development assistance to the junta. The UK has frozen over 3500 pounds of assets while other countries have blocked only minimal amounts; Japan is now providing assistance to some projects. No other country has adopted the economic sanctions imposed by the U.S.

Excerpted from.
www.state.gov...

" -- Fifth, through Colombia�s Ministry of Interior, we have funded, since May 2001, a program that has provided protection to 1,676 Colombians whose lives were threatened, including human rights workers, labor activists, and journalists.

-- Sixth, the U.S. Government-funded Early Warning System alerts Colombian authorities to threats of potential massacres or other human rights abuses, enabling them act to avert such incidents. To date, the EWS has issued 106 alerts.

-- Seventh, the U.S. - working with non-governmental organizations and international agencies - has provided assistance to 330,000 Colombians displaced by violence since mid-2001.

-- Eighth, our program to demobilize child soldiers has helped 272 children to re-integrate into society."

Excerpted from.

www.state.gov...

" Operation Noble Response
Kenya

21 January 1998 - 25 March 1998

Overview: In early 1998, Kenya was savaged by the arrival of persistent, heavy El Nino-spawned rains. The flooding that soon followed caused one of the most significant famines in recent history. In response, the United States formed Joint Task Force Kenya, led by a headquarters element from I Marine Expeditionary Force. A U.S. Special Operations humanitarian assistance survey team was also deployed to determine the extent of damage and the requirements of the starving and displaced populace. In addition, personnel from AFSOC Reserves and USASOC Civil Affairs assisted conventional US military units in the disbursement of food and supplies. In all, over two million pounds of aid were delivered by this combined force."

Excerpted from.
www.specialoperations.com...

We have helped quite a few countries I would say, and there have been quite a few that we had no interest, except to want to help them.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Great find Muad!Weren't we trying to help somalians who were being starved to death by their own militia?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We'll stay out of the EU.
Don't think we'd lower ourselves.
We like our Independence (remember that war?)

However,
Have an Earthquake?, Flood? Fires? Famine?
The US is there with food, doctors, water, blankets, you name it.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How can America join the EU?? you have to be a European State

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
How can America join the EU?? you have to be a European State

A dose of logic. I agree. The EU would have to undergo a transformation in order to include America. Now yes they seem to be expanding in guise of a one world order, but I'd be apt to suspect that they are only the "European Block" of the NWO. This gets into the whole idea of "super nations" (i.e. EU is one, US, Canada, and Mexico is another etc etc).

Also first let me say that I'm an American.

Having said that, to any other american that's posting on here who actually believes we care about the citizens of countries we do "peacekeeping" in, you are very very jaded. We stomp across the globe in the name of peace, yet we do it only when there's motivation to protect our interests. Sorry, but we (america and americans) are not "Red Blooded, John Wayne good guys". One person said something like. "But in times of famine and chaos, here comes the U.S. with food and medical aid, and blankets." Sure we do, most of it totally lacking, we also in many cases do everything we can to keep independent organizations like the Red Cross out of our theater of operation as long as we can. As for the food we bring, do any of you "patriots" remember the scandal in Afganistan when we were droping the poor "huddled masses" bags of "USA" Rice? Go look it up, and the fact that we were droping some bags that were contaminated and some that contained poisons.

No matter, I think the rose colored glasses are about to come of, pilgrim.

TS

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No, the US should never join a federation such as the EU. Hell I want the United States to withdraw from the UN. Let someone else play the role of world police. I'm tired of being ridiculed for trying to help other people. Go back to isolationism and worry about our own problems. Let France be the watchdog, those surrender monkeys.

It's not wrong to play the world police, but in my opionion most USA people lack the knowledge of foreign countries. With that i mean knowledge about history, culture etc etc.
I live in Europe and the way I see it is that the USA government doesn't have respect for other countries their policies, laws and beliefs. It's the same with love, it comes in both ways, otherwise there wouldn't be any respect for each other and eventually you will become the betrayer or the betrayed..

It just doesn't work that way...

Right now and in the twentieth centurry, the USA only becomes involved if it's in their own benefit. Morally that will never become accepted, so groups of people who notices that the USA has a "second" agenda will turn against the USA.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If we were to stop getting involved in other countries affairs altogether, what do you think the world would be like? Do we not have the right to fight terrorism, even if it means invading a country and ousting its ruler?

I'd like to hear your non-biased opinions if that can actually be done.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If we were to stop getting involved in other countries affairs altogether, what do you think the world would be like? Do we not have the right to fight terrorism, even if it means invading a country and ousting its ruler?

I'd like to hear your non-biased opinions if that can actually be done.

Iraq. Give Saddam lots of money and weapons to invade Iran.. Yes USA job well done, another problem solved. But then the criminal Saddam attacks Kuwait and USA got involved.. Gulf War 1.. Okay they gone too far.

Suddenly there's 911.. there is something not right there.. The attacks have too much unanswered questions left... But attack Saddam anyway because he has connections with Al Quaida, has chemical weapons (of mass destruction) etc.

Yes all alligations, but no obsolete proof. Feed people bull# through media and get more support in a war that has a second agenda.. Oil..

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by puppetmaster]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
US and Canada are already bound together by NAFTA, with Mexico as well. This grouping is just one of 10 super-nations proposed in the New World Order.

1. North America
2. Latin America
3. West Europe
4. East Europe
5. Australia & South Africa
6. North Africa & Middle East
7. Tropical Africa
8. South & South-East Asia
9. Japan
10. China

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Quote: Freedom Figther said "I'd like to hear your non-biased opinions if that can actually be done."

There is no such thing as a non-biased opinion. Everyone is biased because of where they live, what they know (more importantly what they don't know) etc

It is right to fight against Terrorism but please note that the US did not become the worlds anti terrorist police until it suited them (i.e. 9/11). Before 9/11 there has been terrorism else where. Look at Ireland's IRA vs. Britain. Some American organisations even sponsored them.

A theoritical constitution for the United States of Earth has been developed by a thinktank. It involves building a world senate on an island in the atlantic with legalisative power. (Reported in The Economist)

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by mrsteve]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
mrsteve,

To crystalize it even further, if it's non-biased, it's not an opinion at all!

the US did not become the worlds anti terrorist police until it suited them (i.e. 9/11).

Mr. Steve, you mean after our planes were hijacked, Passenger throats were slit, 2 HUGE buildings destroyed, 1 damaged. 3000 citizens from many countries were burned, or crushed to death, Did we decide to do something about it? And people beat us up for getting in everyones business! Sounds like there is restraint as well?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join