It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream to Remember

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A Dream to Remember
I must say that I feel like my time is short or something and I am scrambling to get my last thoughts down so that anyone that wanted to go through what little legacy I left behind could see what my last thoughts were. You know those movies that have people that video log everything? Well they do that and eventually they stop, right? And those people are aware of the fact that it is the last transmission, no? Well this is how I feel right now. It is a weird feeling. Please, let me elaborate.

No, I do not think I am going to die, nor am I going to any time in the near future (I hope). I just have this surreal feeling of urgency, that this could be the last thing that I say, and that all of my loved ones will be reading this later one. Anyway, before I forget, let's get to the point.

It is currently 7:58 AM. I woke up at 7:45 AM. I had a dream last night, a series of dreams. These dreams were separate, yet interconnected; they seemed to flow into one another, and, at the end, the seemed to all come together. It started out harmless, but things turned to the worst and I woke up in a state of paranoia, if you would call it that.

What did I dream about? I will cut it short, leaving only the most important details. I remember it so vividly, but the reason why I am writing it down is because I don't know how long my memory will last.

Now to begin.

It started out in my house. I was playing with my baby sister, Kaylea. The vast majority of you do not know who that is, but those of you who do know very well how much love she has from her family. She is like a family jewel of sorts except she is no object, she has no price. Anyway, I was playing with her when suddenly my dad came in with my brother and other sister and took Kaylea away. No big deal, they were probably going out or something. I usually did go with them, so I didn't think anything of it. Then all of a sudden things went hazy. My vision blurred, I heard echoed voices, then a rush of wind went through my ears, making me deaf.

Then, it was over, and I was now standing in the middle of my dad's room. I went into the kitchen and my dad walked in. I waved hello to him, but he didn't acknowledge it; he just bumped into me as if he didn't see me. He looked back rigth at me with a blank expression and shrugged it off. Then without knowing why, I called out to him, and I told him that I had died.

His blank expression soon turned from blank to worried. He asked where my body was, and I lead him to his room. There on the floor were his bed covers, wrapped around something solid. I told him, without him asking, the cause of death. "The pain," I said, "my chest..."

He didn't say a word. My dad unwrapped my cold, dead body and just stared at it.

Then my dream skipped ahead to a few hours later. I was still dead, in a state of purgatory I guess. I could communicate with people whom I chose, but only a select few could hear me, and an even more specific group could see me; however, those who could see me, could only see a faint blur, a black blur, one which would be ignored if not given a second thought. I was invisible to the world, I was dead, but just like in the movie "Invisible" I was walking around, exploring the things that I could not explore when I was visible, when I was still alive.

But before I went on my adventures, I was still in my house, this time Dollie was there. She could see me and hear me, only she didn't want to help. She wanted to die with me for some reason, so she concocted a poison an drank it, but it didn't work. Then I went onward with my adventure.

What do you think I would do with my new ability of invisibility? What would any adolescent male do with such power? That's right, I went to school.

There was a pep rally and everyone gathered. They were all seated in the gym, which is odd because not of my friends watch it. I wandered through the rows of people with a slight smirk, knowing they could not see me, but then I found one of my friends that was preparing for the pep rally. My friend Amy, or Blue Berri

She could see me, or the blur of me, and she could hear me. What joy! For some reason my ghostly self was longing to communicate with people, and finally someone could hear. I told her what happened and she didn't really hear me I guess because she started talking about something else, which I happily obliged. We talked for a few minutes then I watched her walk away to her duties. I felt sad, really, really sad.

Then I went back into the gym and the thing already started. So I decided to be evil and mess with the show. I unplugged the mic when someone was talking and laughed when they scrambled to get it to work. Then I noticed someone was staring at me, it was an adult whom I did not know. He was looking right at me with a menacing glare that sent a chill up my blurry spine. Without reason, I jumped up and ran passed him. He bumped into me as I passed, as if telling me that he knew I was there. I felt panicked, and I raced out of the doors, but something stopped me. The sight of my beloved Payge.

She could see me too, but only a blur, and could hear me as well. She told me people were after me and that they had the school surrounded. I told her that I had to get out of here, I had to leave. I kissed her, but no response, she didn't feel it, which didn't surprise me. I told her that I was going to Ohio of all places. She told me to be careful and I ran out the door. I was now in the halls and I saw people in uniforms marching toward me. I ran out the door and was caught in a neck restraint that was shot out of the bumper of an SUV, a marked one at that.

I told myself I couldn't get caught. I thought of Payge, of my family, of Amy, of Dollie, of everyone. I cried out and broke the restraint and ran as fast as I could in an unknown direction; all I wanted to do was to get out of there. As I ran, more restraints shot out and went for my neck, but in my state of adrenaline, I block them and broke them. Soldiers came out with batons and restraints, and that man came with them. They had me surrounded. The man stepped forward and shot something at me.

I woke up.

Some important details were left out, like I had a run in with an angel, blah blah. I had to come up with a way to go to heaven, but I sinned while I was in purgatory, if that is even possible, and I was aware of it, so I didn't care. Who needed heaven when you were with the ones you loved anyway and could do things you wanted to do when you were still alive but couldn't?

That was that. I feel much better now.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Whoa. Cool dream. Yeah, I have really crazy dreams all the time, multiple, interconnecting ones. The dreams involving family and friends are always the most memorable and insightful in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You should consider yourself lucky you can remember your dream so well. I used to study lucid dreaming for about 5 years pretty regularly, trying to get repressed memories of a near death experience. If you keep a dream journal to record your dreams every night or when necessary, they say not to move or open your eyes and to keep it next to your bed. It is a field where there is not much study or in the past in its infantcy. Some people can remember dreams everyday and they say we have 4 or 5 every night. There are tricks you can do to train yourself to become "lucid" (clear) and awake in your dreams and a series of discipling yourself. Often in you write down your dreams looking for things that stood out or seemed strange, and often there is a symbolic meaning . They have dictonaries that examine what each symbol could represent and usually the dictonaries are different or open to interpretation. Like if you have a dream about flying it might mean something else or if you have a dream about death it could signify rebirth or something else. I really liked your dream and hopefully you can have many more, (usually long or though extended dreams can be gone in a few minutes or the next day just a feeling, you should consider yourself lucky).

new topics

join