It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young woman ghost caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A PALE young woman appears at the window of a ruined castle - in a photo said to show a GHOST.

What do you think ATS? I know it's the Sun newspaper (hardly reputable), but it's got to be the best ghost picture hoax I've seen or it's real, what are your thoughts?

Young woman ghost

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

To me the second image on the image scroller looks photo shopped!

But I guess it is possible, as I have seen better genuine photos before!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Hi Wolf, I think?? Not sure?? they may be the same photo, picture one on the scroller is a close up of picture two from what I can gather, I'm really not sure on this picture, you could well be right and it's totally fake but it's a good fake if it is, I'm gong to do some research on the castle, seems there is some paranormal history involved with this castle in Wales..

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yeah the photos are the same! Its just the second one is the original, and the first one has been zoomed in so it looses all its focus and pixelates!

Yeah do some research and get back to me with what you find out!

Wolf x

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ok I didn't have to look far or search hard for any information concerning the castle where (apparently) the picture was taken, seems the North Wales Paranormal Research group have been involved over the years in the research of Gwrych Castles’ ghosts.

The Ghosts of Gwrych

This is a good site, could this be Lady Emily Ester Ann Lygon??

Hunted castles

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I call fake, since when do ghosts have a healthy pink glow to their faces???
and the doorway in the background seems oddly shaped...for the angle of the shot.

Just my thought.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Hi redeyedwonder, again I'm uncertain but I think the red glow maybe just where the photo's been blown up, if you look at the first picture there seems to be quite a lot of picture anomaly's, blurred and red in places, what appears to be the doorway (I think?) maybe the other side of the castle as it's derelict and doesn't have a floor for a door to be housed on. One thing that does strike me though, the young woman's dress does seem to be an old fashioned one… but that could well be a part of the hoax?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

It does not appear to be a glow to me, both her neck and face maintain the same pink hue, it does not bleed over onto the dress, or look pixelated as the reflection of (trees?) or bushes on the glass.

The doorway seems to large, and at a bad angle, a close up shot into the room from outside would have been nice, being that there is no floor.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

a close up shot into the room from outside would have been nice, being that there is no floor.

Agreed, I'm looking about at the mo trying to find out more about the place, it does have a history, I'll see if I can dig up some pic's of the inside as it is today, unfortunately I'm unable to post any pictures I find as I'm at work, (server blocks media etc) so I'll have to post links, BTW I don't think there is any glass in the window...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It also occured to me that this was posted in the Sun, a well known tabloid. While the MIB may use this for research. Its a rag to stare at while waiting in line to pay for your groceries...

Just another thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

As I said in my OP the Sun is hardly reputable, and I'm really not saying this is real, I just thought I'd put it out there for others here on ATS to ponder over, the guy who took the photo (Kevin Horkin) could well have hoaxed this photo knowing full well the place has a history of paranormal activity, I've looked into him and he doesn't turn up on any paranormal sites, he seems to be a normal guy who took a photo, he's not a paranormal investigator or have a history with the paranormal, I'm going to keep digging to see what I can come up with to see if this is a hoax or not…

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ok I've been digging into the castle and the photographer a bit, I can find nothing on the photographer, Kevin Horkin other than he's a 48 year old business owner, there seems to be no other information available, his name pops up a few times, only relating to this picture he's taken of the pale ghost like lady.
If I had found he was a member of some paranormal society or some youtube video poster of ghosts I would small a rat straight off, that doesn't seem to be the case, so if he's hoaxed this picture then it would appear it's a one off on his part.

The Gwrych Castle, Conwy, Wales has a massive amount of information on the net, ranging from the history of the how/why it was built through to ghost stories, a common thread I came across was the pale lady or the woman in white and also a woman in red, often reported seen looking out of a window, it seems many paranormal studies have been done at the castle with some good reports of activity ranging from, Footsteps heard on the upper floors when no persons have been present there, Doors and windows have been witnessed to burst open, temp drops, orbs' caught on camera's, the list goes on, so whether this is a genuinely haunted castle or not there sure is a lot of reported paranormal activity associated with it.

Source

I really don't know about this picture, I would like to believe it's the real deal but my nature won't allow that, I need to have some proof the picture is real and has not been photo shopped, as we all know this is very easy to do this day and age, I can't see the photographer (if I could contact him) sending me the original photos now he's probably sold them to the Sun so that line of investigation is out, so all I'm left with is the photos on the online tabloid, they are not really proof of anything so it looks like this will have to stay in the unknown category unless someone can come up with a proper debunking of the photo..

History of the Castle

Ghost stories revolved around the Castle

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The photo is shot at a slight angle. I'm not sure what the terrain is like there but to me it seems likely that it's a reflection of someone standing a bit off to the photographers left.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi RMFX1, What is it you think the woman is reflecting off then?? there doesn't appear to be any windows in the castle, do you think it's a reflection from the camera lens?? looking at some of the pics online I'd say the tarrain is quite overgrown and patchy, As I've said I'm not sure this is real so I'm just asking for opinions or a good solid debunking of it

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well if this is the same window then it doesnt look like theres any glass in it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Actually, it looks like a image of Hermione (Emma Watson) from Harry Potter was photoshopped into a picture of that window. That's really Hogwarts and not Gwrych Castle.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I thought that it looked like there was glass in it in the close-up shot of the girl standing in the window.

I know that it's supposed to be a 1st floor window but the photo doesn't look as if it was taken from ground level so I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of verge or something similar that was level with the first floor.

As far as debunking it goes, I'm not trying to piss on anyone parade but I don't believe in ghosts, so if there is no glass in the windows then I would say that it's likely to have been digitally altered. Either that or some kind of double exposure if that would be the correct term for it.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Also, what's wrong with this ghosts left arm and shoulder? I'm no expert but it looks to me like whoever photoshopped this image didn't compensate for the window frame properly when they inserted the image. It looks as if the image was cut where the girl joins the windowframe and then the remaining part of the girls left side was just overlayed into the image on the other side of the frame making the shoulder and body appear to be too wide and out of proportion.

I'm convinced that this is a poorly faked hoax.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1382f1ff10ee.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: Picture came out a bit squished. Here's one in the proper aspect ratio.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

ha! it does look like her a bit,
i've had a good look around for pic's of her and couldn't find one that fitted the dress and hair, nearest one I could get was this!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I thought that it looked like there was glass in it in the close-up shot of the girl standing in the window.

I know that it's supposed to be a 1st floor window but the photo doesn't look as if it was taken from ground level so I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of verge or something similar that was level with the first floor.

As far as debunking it goes, I'm not trying to piss on anyone parade but I don't believe in ghosts, so if there is no glass in the windows then I would say that it's likely to have been digitally altered. Either that or some kind of double exposure if that would be the correct term for it.

Hi RMFX1 if you look at the third picture in the link in the OP you’ll see that there is a type of mound or hill beyond the fence to the right of the window, I’ll hazard a guess the Photographer took the photo from the mound, that would account for the picture not looking like it was taken from level ground, and your certainly not pissing on anyones parade, I’ve said from the start I’m unsure if this is real, if it is a hoax I’d go for photo-shopped or digitally altered rather than a reflection, doubt very much it’s a reflection to be honest, the windows don’t exist…

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join