It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depression - who has it/recovered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by James23

I am constantly depressed all the time ever since I was forced to come back to this side of the world for more profiteering
. I haven't been given any pills at all and the environment just makes you feel like there is no hope for the future whatsoever
. I could go one but right I just feel
with this place!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

When there seems no hope, then the only hope left is to die naturally.

Pills and stuff don't seem to help when they make it worse.

'Just get over it' doesn't work.

Having family kidnapped and missing is torture that never ends.

We can try, and try again, until we need to stop.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
^ Damn, you had you family kidnapped? That would have been horrible, im real sorry to hear that, have you considered seeing a therapist?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by James23]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by James23
...a therapist?

Let's think about this for a second...

... that second is all it took to snatch her away.

And, people want me to go spend time with a therapist, to think about it more?

As stated earlier, MDD.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by James23
...a therapist?

Let's think about this for a second...

... that second is all it took to snatch her away.

And, people want me to go spend time with a therapist, to think about it more?

As stated earlier, MDD.

The definition of therapy is not simply `thinking about it more'. It could help you with better coping skills.

If you haven't already, it may help to talk to others in the same situation. It sounds weird, but there's a Yahoogroup for almost everything these days.

I hope for the best for your family and you.

[edit on 2/19/2010 by leftystrat]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat

Thanks for you reply.

I think the best thing to do is to not brush people off into therapy and not get rid of someone by the act to push them into another social group for therapy. Such people, like me and others, that are depressed need friends. To constantly push them around means they never get any friends. It makes the depressed person work even harder which leads to more depression just to find friends. If no friends are found, then the depressed person gives up.

Ask yourself, do you want us to give up?

The definition of therapy is not simply `thinking about it more'. It could help you with better coping skills.

People with clinical depression maybe only need "coping skills" becuase there are known reasons for their depression. Those with severe depression get it because there is no known reason.

It is better to make sure that those with severe depression are stable rather than worry if they can copy with it. The answer is always that can't cope with it for someone with severe depression. It has gone from something purely mental to something physical.

If you haven't already, it may help to talk to others in the same situation. It sounds weird, but there's a Yahoogroup for almost everything these days.

This is a thread here for it. If I were to just dump complete gibberish into this thread, then maybe it would be best to handle it differently. This is on BTS where obviously "debunk/conspiracy" theme are not enforced so strictly.

And, I have been to several yahoogroups, googlegroups, and meant many people and tried to even go as far to create a ballot measure to change laws. Drove across state to get signatures. Now, I've lost my car and more. There is only so much a depressed person can do.

I hope for the best for your family and you.

If attempts to gather signatures seems 'threating,' there is no hope. People with severe depression need hope. The critical problem, even those without depression, is those who feel hopeless.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I suffer from it sometimes also. It comes and goes.

Funny when i am in a joking mood, this is the last place i want to post any jokes or anything light...because without a doubt some *dufus* will
come out with a strange answer and i come back to the realization that its a mean world out there, the sense of humor is gone, and most people are only dedicated to bust your b@#ls.

But then i realize i am talking to some evil pixels sometimes.

I get over it.

As far as recovery, i dont think you ever recover. I never do. There are good and bad days.

Good luck to you, i may be wrong about recovery, it just hasnt happened to me yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've got it. I take 150 mg of Effexor EX. I've been on it for 3 years and it seems to be doing the trick. I'm not depressed while on it and all of my anxiety went away!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Two years ago I fell into a very deep and profound depression. Naturally, I went to a psychiatrist for help. He plied me with all sorts of meds that were supposed to be just what I needed to recover fully and I had nothing to worry about. Those meds made me suicidal. My only thoughts were about jumping in front of a train. My children sat next to me crying, telling me how much they love me. I felt nothing. Those pills turned me into a soulless body. I returned all the pills to the pharmacy, went home, sat down on the sofa and jumped into that dark abyss of depression. I literally allowed myself to free fall as far as I could. Somewhere in that darkness, I realized what I was doing that created the depression. My own self-talk (which we all do, mostly subconsciously) and thoughts were the source of it. I was repeating unfortunate things that others had said throughout my life that were either about me, directed toward me, or somehow connected with other things. This seed had found its opportune moment to germinate and I had a fully blooming depression on my hands.

The cure/solution is to simply stop that wrong thinking or negative self-talk. That's as simple as first "lying" to yourself (because you believe the bad stuff) by repeating those idiotic "empowerment" phrases. You know them. Bit by bit you feel a little better. Eventually you really do feel better. If you can root out those small wrong thoughts and self-talk, you will win. It's tough though, I won't kid you that it's not. But it's guaranteed to work and it's free. The only catch is that you have to do it yourself. Damn, eh? Take responsibility. Own yourself. You're all you really have. You're all you really need.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
as always destined to see this thread. yea im really depressed too,but the best way is to surround your self with true close friends,and to be happy,to get over it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Winston Churchill called it his "black dog" which followed him wherever he went. For a long time I considered it a curse, but then I learned that many of the most creative, artistic and influential people throughout history have had the same burden but were able to turn it into a positive.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have been living with manic depression for several years now. At first, I thought I had to open my mouth and shove pills down my gullet to have any sort of attainable life. Now, however, I have found a more natural way to deal with my swings, and here are my tips to you!

Cut down on sugars/caffeine/food stimulants. Do some research about what foods help/hurt people with depression, listen to your body when you eat, and see what foods make you feel "on edge" and whatnot. Your body is already on edge, you do not need to add more feeling on top of that.

Exercise! I love working out now. The physical stress and toll of hard work outs take out the pent up emotions that you may not even be aware of. Try to work out in either a naturally bright gym, or outside. The Sun's rays are a natural energy and mental booster when they come in contact with your skin ( Vitamin D! )

Get your mind working. Take up sudoku, or philosophy, or just a new topic you want to read up about. Notice I said "read". Try to get away from the Net and go out to your local bookstore, or library. If you sadly do not have a public library, most community college campuses will allow you on ( Or just be sneaky sneaky! ) and bury your nose in a good book.

Those are my rules, and I have not had a serious swing in around 3 years. I still have small ones, but when I feel one coming on, I know how to handle myself
Hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Depression is a part of live, everybody has it at one time or another. It's brought on by the complex complacencies of life and your psyche. Many people have different names for there overcomings, weakness, the shadow, the black dog, karmic opression, brain chemical inbalance, the spirit of gravity, as many names as there are meanings to your life. And if your a philosopher you call it the philosophers stone no matter how high you throw it, it will always come back down to hit you on the head. The more you know the harder it becomes to get through it, but it goes easyer when you do begin to get through it. It's natural and in some cases it stays with you for as long as you live. You get used to it. Most pass with time, like everything alse.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
TextHi-my wife suffers from extreme depression-shes tried to end it 3 times-both her father and grandfather did.we tried all kinds of meds but left her out of it or sleeping for 25-30 hours at a time.i was afraid to leave her alone thats all she talked about was ending it ! Then my nephew told me about "COLLOIDAL GOLD"! Its a miracle it comes in a lquid and in diff. ppm.My wife takes the 100ppm liquid-approx half shot glass on empty stomach daily.since then she has had no more crying spells-no meds-no wanting to end it all.If she runs out and dosent have it for day or to she starts backsliding into the pit.its not a lot of $-only 45.00 for 16oz-im not saying it works for everyone but it turned her life 180deg.heck it natural and for the price what could it hurt-i hope this helps someother folks -thanx ray

top topics

<< 1   >>

join