It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape? It's the fault of the victims, say 50 per cent of women

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It is not putting the "blame" on them as the article suggests. What the article is actually implying though is that they are raising the chances themselves.

Just like a baby born in a ghetto compared to a functional normal life. *Chances* are that the baby in the ghetto will grow up to be in more dangerous activities.

In a court of law I would not call it the rape victims fault , but in a sense it is their fault for complete failure of prevention. This does not apply in all cases obviously.

Regardless the raped is the victim and the raper is the criminal, despite whose partial or full out fault it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You honestly think some men are so weak they have to just give in to their basic impulses?

Do you honestly think that some people are so weak that they have just to give in to their basic impulses and keep eating, although they KNOW it will bring them health problems and a possible shorter life-time?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by sos37
Does the "No" rule still apply? Or would it be fair to say "Some day she's going to get raped because she keeps putting herself in that situation"?

It would be fair to say that, and it would also be fair to punish the cretin who raped her to the full extent of the law. A perceived invitation is not consent.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

So just because I am walking around with a purse I am asking to be mugged? Or just because a Jewish Man is wearing a yamaka he is asking for hate crime? That is not an excuse. People wear next to nothing on the beach but no one is running around screaming that they are asking to be raped. Get out of the 50s.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You're writing some fantastic posts

Don't know how you maintain the will to live, when confronted by the 'I'm deliberately claiming not to understand' types

Well done

I'm reading your posts and nodding in agreement, time after time

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Do you honestly think that some people are so weak that they have just to give in to their basic impulses and keep eating, although they KNOW it will bring them health problems and a possible shorter life-time?
reply to post by Tifozi

And this relates to the topic at hand, how.......

By the way, I'm taking a breath to calm down right now. Let me say this, not only to you but to everyone else on this thread.

I feel very strongly about this issue, seeing as how its personal and hits home with me. Obviously, when you take things personally you can get snippy. If my posts have become snippy, then I apologize. I mean absolutely no disrespect or to imply anything negative towards you.

Now, going to go do some meditation.....

link   
WHOOOOO!!!!! My second double post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2010 by smyleegrl]

link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

That is a common misconception. Dress, attitude have nothing, or very little, to do with rape...

Rape is not about the sex... It's about POWER, and utilizing that power in the most intimate of ways. That's why even after the physical damage has healed the psychological trauma lives on far into the future, long after the physical scars have faded...

It's a power trip on the part of the attacker. Little if anything the attacked do, other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, leads to this.

It wouldn't matter if the victim, female, or even male for that matter; were wearing a circus tent for clothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Quote: Outcastsearcher:

You say "The only ACTION the female is responsible for is GETTING DRUNK not GETTING RAPED."...so wouldn't the only action the male is responsible for is getting drunk...not raping the female??? And do you extend this to drunk drivers...if they kill someone...then it isn't their fault...they are only responsible for getting drunk...not what they do afterward?

Because that is what you are claiming for women who have sex with a total stranger when they are drunk. You seem to think it is perfectly acceptable for females to have no responsibility for their actions AFTER they decide to get drunk

The above is a beautiful piece of reasoning

from someone with an actual mind and who isn't afraid to use it

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

No in point of fact they are not. No one asks to be violated in such a heinous fashion. To think otherwise is to be blind to the reasons behind such an act.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Don't sweat it. We are just community friends discussing a topic,with different opinions and life experiences.

I totally understand your uncomfortable situation.

And this relates to the topic at hand, how.......

It relates to the fact that it's human nature.

Some people have moral standards, some people know the limits, and socially accepted limits.

Some have respect for women/men, some have respect for the moral standards of others.

But there are people who don't see the world like that. There are people who BELIEVE in the moment that the girl is asking for it (I'm talking about the cases where the girl has done ANYTHING to provoke it, and becomes a victim).

There are sick people out there.

And there are stupid people, irresponsable, and people that simply make mistakes (I'm not justifying nor bringing down the seriousness in this subject). Guys who let them-selfs carry WAY too much by their genitals, and act against the moral standards, and the *most of all* respect for the women.

Making provocative moves may call one of the guys you don't want to meet. And there are girls who simply like to play around, but put down a very restrict limit. But the limit of that girl, may not be the same as the guy who wants to get something out of her.

Sorry for the pathetic comparison, but it's almost like gambling. If you don't like the chances, don't take the risk.

Again I'm not talking about the cases where women have no influence, whatsoever, in the outcome of a situation. Like, shopping in a super-market, and a guy watching you, and stalking you.

I'm keeping the discussion on women who act X, and expect that everyone will understand their limits.

[edit on 15/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have a solution-Signed consent forms. In the future we will always assume the answer is no. If you want to have sex then you must sign the consent form.

No one will be confused anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

IN the court of law, it doesn't matter how much I taunt, yell, encourage, dare, bribe, insinuate, that someone hit me. If I have not touched the person physically, they will be charged with assault if they hit me first. Period.

By your reasoning, that would give excuses to males raping strippers.

If a woman is acting provacetively,flirting, what have you. That male has two feet and every right to walk away and not be subjected to it. He also has a mouth and is capable of telling her to stop. He is very capable of handling his own position and situation.

Guess what it works both ways. You know, women go to bars with backup plans, signals, and fake names to get away from overly aggressive guys. I actually have a bar name. I also have a signal for friends to intervene.

To sit there and say a woman acting flirty is inviting rape is aking to someone being allowed to have a chair smashed over his head for talking about wrestling.

Even if your twisted and archaic theory is true, a woman still should be allowed to declare no. What is she solicits a man, they are naked in bed, he comes at her, and he has a blotchy, ooozy member. She has every right to declare no.

No one, can force anyone to do anything. I don't care if a woman is running around in a thong and pasties and doing gyrations all over the place, no has the right to force themselves on her. No one with that much lack of control should be allowed in society.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Dock9

Here's where I disagree. No one consents to having a traffic accident. Rape isn't two people "accidentally" bumping into one another. It's a willful act and at least one of the parties wants it to happen. If both do, it's consensual. If one doesn't, it's rape.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And my earlier response is only in the case of people being drunk.

If the word "No" is ever said...then that is it...if you continue then you are raping someone. I don't care if it is your wife of 30 years...it is still rape if she says no. I don't care if she is naked and laying in a bed with her legs spread allowing 20 other guys to have sex with her...if she says no to you and you continue...then it is rape.

What I am talking about in my previous post is the drunk girl/guy "I don't remember a thing last night" scenario.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

Side A: It was my fault. I let my guard down. I should have known better, I could have fought harder, I was weak when I know I could have done more.

No, you were not at fault. Don't ever, ever believe that. That slimey piece of filth drugged you. What were you supposed to do? It wasn't, and never will be, your fault.

His, and only his.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'll post it again, because it seems it's being overlooked for some reason

Quote: Outcastsearcher:

You say "The only ACTION the female is responsible for is GETTING DRUNK not GETTING RAPED."...so wouldn't the only action the male is responsible for is getting drunk...not raping the female??? And do you extend this to drunk drivers...if they kill someone...then it isn't their fault...they are only responsible for getting drunk...not what they do afterward?

Because that is what you are claiming for women who have sex with a total stranger when they are drunk. You seem to think it is perfectly acceptable for females to have no responsibility for their actions AFTER they decide to get drunk

The sheer honesty and logic in the above post cannot be faulted

at least not by anyone with an iota of logic and honesty

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This has got to be without a doubt one of the most eye opening and sickening threads I have ever had the misfortune to read. If some woman is completely naked and drunk and rubbing herself all over you and then says "no", then be a f#@&ing man and leave her be. Take control of yourself and quit blaming someone else for your disgusting and criminal actions.

Are women sometimes careless or even stupid in what they choose to wear - sure, but that does not make rape OK. Ever.

No means no, regardless of how pathetic a little man you are.

I couldn't imagine being so un-manly as to think rape is ever OK - let alone a womans fault. If you take a woman sexually after she says no, then you deserve to go to prison and have Bubba in cell block d do the same thing to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
nvm - I forgot to breathe before posting...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
at least not by anyone with an iota of logic and honesty

I consider myself honest, so it must be a logic flaw. Maybe we're talking about two different things. I have no problem with someone considering a rape victim as having not taken the most prudent of actions prior to the commission of the crime.

My issue is in using any of that to in any way excuse, apologize for, or mitigate the actions of the rapist.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join