It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape? It's the fault of the victims, say 50 per cent of women

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
That is the oldest feminatzi trick in the book,everybodys grandpa was a rapist eh?Rape within marriage?Its not possible you are married,you could assault your wife by forcing her to have relations against her wiil,but you cant rape your wife.Execute the sexual predator if he sexually assaults someone.

What are you doing married if you dont want to have sex with your husband?I mean really.Studies show that most men who use prostitutes buy oral sex,why is that,is it that repulsive an act,and if it is who says it is?Is the reality that a relationship with a male MIGHT BE A LITTLE LIKE WORK to much to handle,well Grandma seemed to do alright your arse is here.Same for men,its work to have a relationship with a woman never mind a wife or a mother.Is that the real key there?You dont get to be all of these things without putting in the work.No sex if you arent a wife or husband,no kids if you arent a wife,no problems.You see no matter how you look at it the power women weild is tremendous and I can see why the feminists run from the responsibility,its to much for them to handle,Grandma really was tougher.

At the end of the day we all come to the same place to rest and on this thread it seems to be the spot where REALITY intersects with individual opinions,you see how you feel is an opinion,what happens to you is reality,we can talk about how we feel about rape all we want but opinions mean nothing or we can deal with reality and sort through the facts as they present themselves,all the talk in the world will not change the facts or reality and the longer we discuss opinions the more chance there is that some woman somewhere will actually listen to some of these idiots and go for a couple of drinks a week before her friend comes to visit wearing her see through top and shaking her booty,because SHE HAS A RIGHT TO.I dont like seeing people get hurt especially when it is because of a couple of people with big mouths taking advantagae of a situational dynamic.|And if I offend anyone that is the nature of communication,your stupid advice could get someone hurt and I dont mean their feelings on this thread either.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having one partner for your entire life.
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Agreed.

I have nothing against "family values," as some people seem to think. What I do have a problem with is someone lumping everyone who happens to think differently into one group and calling them 'feminazis."

Of my grandparents, one set were married 52 years before death, the other 38 before death. My own parents have been married more than 37 years. But I don't really think its germane to the discussion on this thread, which is rape.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
That is the oldest feminatzi trick in the book,everybodys grandpa was a rapist eh?Rape within marriage?Its not possible you are married,you could assault your wife by forcing her to have relations against her wiil,but you cant rape your wife.Execute the sexual predator if he sexually assaults someone.

What are you doing married if you dont want to have sex with your husband?I mean really.

You can not be serious.

First of all let me say that I am married, and I do have a healthy sex life with my husband. But that does not mean that I sometimes just don't feel well, or feel fat or whatever and don't want sex.

Sometimes he is tired and has a headache and he isn't in the mood.
Having a healthy sex life in a marriage takes work, just like every other aspect. We have recently begin trying for a child...sex with a purpose and at a scheduled time...........that is a whole new experience for us!

He would never, and it feels strange to type this, but if he were to force me to have sex with him that would be RAPE!

It doesn't matter if it is my father, my husband, my neighbor, or a complete stranger. Forcing someone to have sex against there will is RAPE.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Rape is Rape ,I wasnt trying to split hairs,I was saying that within a marriage there are mutually accepted roles that are agreed upon prior to the vows being made,these are promises between people that have legal power.If consensual matrimonial sex exists outside the promises that these two people make then your definition of rape within marriage stands but there is a grey area that the marriage promises create that you cannot deny exists and the vows themselves create it ,so in response we must make laws and definitions that will clearly fit the act,just as punitive and swift as the current ones.

Matrimonial rape or some more focused term,a new one we are allowed to make new ones right.If we have already identified this crack in the system we need a new term .We all seem to agree on the major ideas,definitions can be created or altered.Instead of finding common ground we are finding uncommon ground.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Its not possible you are married,you could assault your wife by forcing her to have relations against her will,but you cant rape your wife.

The fact that you were born with a penis doesn't give you the right in any way, shape or form to force yourself on a woman. Whether she's a complete stranger, an acquaintance, your girlfriend, your fiancee or your wife is irrelevant. No excuses.
Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Rape is the fault of those who commit it and those who allow themselves to be in the position due to Alcohol, being a slut or being muslim.

Many muslim women are raped by their husband and strangers..so this proves you don't have to dress provocatively to be raped...it just shows that being a female muslim is as dangerous as a gorgeous woman wearing few clothes completely drunk out her skull in a male dominated situation. These things will happen unless each individual changes their behaviour and acts accordingly.

There are a few instances where woman a re completely not at fault ie a harmless drink with a friend could get spiked and lead to being raped. So unfortunately unless you are prepared to stay with your drink, and only you buy your drink and dont leave it unattended to go dancing then you are putting yourself at risk.

Rapists are opportunist. Take away the opportunity and you go home that night with your self respect and dignity intact.

If you rape you deserve death by horrendous means....if you allow yourself to be in a situation that leads to rape then sympathy should pass you by. If you are an Islamic woman get out now and save yourself rape after rape by these animals. A burka is not rape defense. It just looks silly.

STOP being dickheads!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by agent149

Many muslim women are raped by their husband and strangers..so this proves you don't have to dress provocatively to be raped...it just shows that being a female muslim is as dangerous as a gorgeous woman wearing few clothes completely drunk out her skull in a male dominated situation.

The stats says other wise..

The stats says Western women are being way more oppressed then Muslims, hence they get beaten more, they get raped more... bla bla

Get a life, and a new job..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It all depends on situation.. if the female is not cautious of her surroundings, and wants to play up their role as 'slag' (which i have seen many a women do whilst out and even more so after a couple of drinks) and it might be harsh, cold, not politically correct but i dont really care, there are some women who really are asking for trouble to arrive. There are the other kinds of rape (i was 14 when mine happened) where yes, the female is truly not to blame and the rapist is mentally disturbed - think Bundy, and the female is not even trying to be sexual or to draw attention to herself.. but sadly their are some who do, and its that percentage i would say are partially to blame. but to just blame one half of this crime is silly, the man should know better, and have enough human respect and decency to not do so in the first place! And a women should take measures to know how to protect herself and not allow themselves to get into a bad situation...yup. ima bitch..i know

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean
The fact that you were born with a penis doesn't give you the right in any way, shape or form to force yourself on a woman. Whether she's a complete stranger, an acquaintance, your girlfriend, your fiancee or your wife is irrelevant. No excuses.
Shame on you.

jeanvaljean, please read what I am about to type very carefully. You are 100% correct with what you said. But you have to understand that women also have a responsibility too, in certain occasions. Just because you are born with a vagina does not give you the right to sexually entice/manipulate men with whom you have no intention of having sex with. Like the poster mentioned before, there are quite a few women that do play the part of the "please salivate over my body, show me how much you want me...oh but you will never get this" routine. That is emotional blackmail, exploiting a weakness in men to satisfy your ego is NOT ok and behaviour like that should not be encouraged.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Rapists are slithering snakes and dog-faced pigs.

Here are two links that profile a rapist.

www.nononsenseselfdefense.com...

www.paralumun.com...

Mind you, a thread like this one invites the wolves to the sheep's pen and hen house.

If a woman says "NO"; that's IT! No more if's, ands or buts. "NO" means NO!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
That is the oldest feminatzi trick in the book,everybodys grandpa was a rapist eh?Rape within marriage?Its not possible you are married,you could assault your wife by forcing her to have relations against her wiil,but you cant rape your wife.

Indeed it is rape but if you really think it is not perhaps you should go to your local police station and ask them if raping your wife is legal in your state.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
im still waiting for someone to tell me how my sister "deserved" her attempted kidnapping/rape (see pg 36).

if she hadnt have been spotted by her friend being led out by a stranger, she would have almost certainly been raped or even murdered.

what would be the response? that she deserved it? that she should have never left the confines of her home and invited the situation by wanting to go on vacation and have a night out dancing with her friends? that she shouldnt have drank in excess and been a slut, tantalizing that strange man with her wicked depravity and promiscuity by turning down an offered drink and ordering her own? that she should have run background checks on the bartender of the club who may have helped to spike her drink?

please. someone tell me where she "went wrong"?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Rape is a singular word used to define infinitely varied and often unique events.

The truth is if you have been victimized by any type of crime, you analyze the unique events of it, and do ask yourself if you had done something differently in those particular circumstances would the crime still have occurred.

What if I hadn’t slept with my window open, what if I hadn’t had 12 vodka tonics, what if I hadn’t accepted that ride from a stranger, what if I hadn’t taken a short cut through the alley but walked a well lit street, what if I had asked someone from the office that was still working late too, to accompany me down into the parking garage.

While you sit there completely detached from these unique circumstances conjuring up images of what a rape must be like as you imagine it, people who are victims of violent crimes, don’t have to imagine what happened, they in fact know what happened, and as the saying goes, hind sight is 20/20.

You might like to live in an ideal world where violent crime does not occur, in fact most of us probably would like to live in such a world, but when violent crime has visited you in real ways, it gives you real pause, to think and reflect, how your own actions aided the criminal.

People who have suffered a violent crime, each with it’s own unique and not imagined circumstances, have a compelling reason to discover something called common sense, and an even more compelling reason to use common sense so that they aren’t victimized again, by learning how being more aware and more responsible for their circumstances can prevent or deter such occurrences from happening to them in the future.

Please don’t let something like common sense, interfere with your own sense of imagined indignation.

Most violent crimes can be avoided by approaching the environment you do share with others in better ways.

Since the world isn’t going to be perfect, developing as close to perfect strategies is vital in safely dealing with an imperfect world.

Some would say there is a benefit to that extent in taking responsibility for your own actions, and recognizing if there are unique circumstances that caused you to fall victim to an imperfect world.

I honestly don’t see that as tragic or sad, but rather intelligent.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well stated. The message is interpreted by some to mean "so it is the victim's fault!" which is not the actual message at all. ProtoplasmicTraveler explains that by using COMMON SENSE, most people can avoid having bad things happen to them. It does not mean when bad things do happen to people that they are to blame. But pretending that every time something bad happens to you is just bad luck and chance is very naive. This type of thinking leads people to think they are invincible and can do things without expecting consequences.

[edit on 19/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I will share a personal story. When I was a teenager I used to regularly drink with friends on weekends. One night, I returned home at about 3am from a party and felt very dizzy and light-headed. After being dropped home by a taxi, I sat on the front steps with my head in my hands because I was feeling so ill. I decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk to try and clear my head and brush off the nausea. A block or two from my street, I encountered a small group of youths roaming the streets. I thought I recognised one and went in for a closer look.
"What are you looking at?" said one. My response was "Not looking at anything."

I remember being chased by 1-2 out of the group. They tried to knock me over while their friends were holding them back saying "leave him". One of them ended up punching me in the face. The next thing I remember is feeling blood flowing from my arms and legs and having the feeling that my eye had fallen out. Another group of teens came to see if I was alright and asked if I wanted to report those other guys because they knew them and felt sorry for me. Being intoxicated, I said not to worry and was more concerned with getting confirmation from them that my eye had not fallen out.

I was embarrassed by the events and was reluctant to tell friends what happened. After telling my family, my brother became enraged and kept asking where it happened, who they were, what they looked like etc. He kept saying "if I was there..." Because he felt protective of his younger brother, he was responding emotionally and not looking at how silly my behaviour was for doing what I did. He eventually did admit that what I did was stupid, but only after my physical wounds had healed.

That event for me was a big wake-up call. Since that day, I have never gone for a walk after a night of drinking. Coincidentally, I have never had violence affect me in that manner since.

[edit on 19/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

And that is the simple truth of it, we learn through experience, when bad things happen, how to modify are behavior to minimize the chance of bad things happening again, by identifying how sometimes our own actions do increase the chance of something bad happening.

Today it's muggers, rapists, street gangs, and the like.

Yet there was a time in the distant past it might have as easily been a wolf, a mountain lion, bob cat, bear, snake or even a wild boar.

We have to accept rationally that there are predators in the world, and that there have always been predators in the world.

So it is contingent upon us to a certain degree to minimize our exposure to predators.

Our ancestors didn't go running naked covered with honey through dark bear infested woods at night, and then decry the bears for having the audacity for feasting on them.

Some times, there is not one thing in the world that could have prevented you from falling victim to random violence, but in many cases, it is from engaging in risk taking behavior, that might not even seem like risk taking behavior for someone who doesn't fully understand or is totally aware of the dangers present in the world.

People learn through experience, and no one knows better than the victim who suffered those unique circumstances if there was in fact something to learn in reasoned and reasonable actions that could have prevented it.

Great posts!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Man there are some really ignroant staements in here, very unimpressive. The only way it's the persons fault is by not being able to defend themselves properly enough to dispatch their assailant. In no way, shape, or form is the way a woman chooses to dress be the cause of rape. That's like saying we're animals not in control of ourselves; when rape is on purpose with conscious intent and is quite a malicious and plotted attack on someone. If we can't comtrol ourselves from raping someone who dresses provactively; how can we say we're evolving? I swear man, people seriously need to take more responsibilites for themselves and their actions...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If I am correct.

You are equating male behavior with a wild bear in the woods?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was living in a block of relocation apartments provided by the employer. We were a mixed bunch in the process of moving house to that part of the country. Those of us who were married tended to go back to their family home at the weekend. I normally stayed back however. One weekend one of the married guys also stayed back. We had always just associated in a group as mates. There had never been a spark of interest on either side. We had a drink in the staff bar and en route to his apartment we stopped off at mine for another drink. I ended up fighting him off. He was a big guy and at first wouldn't take no for an answer so it was seriously frightening for a moment. But eventually I got him out the door. The next day, he apologised.
I sometimes wonder what the reaction in court would have been - ie the fact that I invited him in and it was late. But it's not as if he was a stranger and he had never been anything other than a mate in a circle of friends. Aren't the majority of rapes supposed to occur with people you know? Makes ya think.

edit on 13-9-2010 by starchild10 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join