It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape? It's the fault of the victims, say 50 per cent of women

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I did discuss how to prevent men from raping but wasnt recieved very well after I started talking execution and humanitarian values being more important than individual rights,and about broken homes and lack of biological male mentoring due to the high divorce rate our culture has endured since the femenist revolution of the 60's,I struck a few nerves.

You wont find many solutions here because a solution requires an individual to hop off of the fence and actually COMMIT to a non-liberal perspective and show a willingness to sacrifice personal individual rights for a humanitarian future for our species,did I mention executing the rapists for comitting crimes against humanity??That solves the recitivism issue.Proper parenting solves the rest.

Also millions upon millions of humans are currently under the influence of false religons and they arent able to comprehend a HUMANITARIAN perspective for our species,religon is always based on individual rights because this is the only sure way to manipulate humans,eliminate individual rights in favor of humanitarian rights and BAM no more religon or corrupt government.

Did I mention I wasnt very popular today?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
We should be discussing how to stop men becoming rapists in the first place

Riley we have been discussing how to keep people from killing each other for ABOUT 8000 years and guess what, we still kill each other EVERY day...so the reality is NOT how to stop the animals from attacking, its how not to be easy prey. I wish we could stop the behavior, but the reality is, we cannot.

You said it best, when a man makes you uncomfy or does a piggish thing, smack the MF'r and tell him to back off....just keep in mind, this goes back to there being animals among us...as admirable as that is, be aware you could smack the wrong man who WON'T take it lightly. So again, it goes back to just watching your a@@ in all situations.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
And to the poster who is hung up on erections,I have been in a dustup or ten in my life ,my experience is first hand.

Hung up? interesting choice of words.
Dear you brought the topic up and you claimed you've never see see a fight where the guy did not have a raging erection. Were you all fighting naked 300 style then? was their lots of "grabbing"? I have seen alot of "dust ups" too and I have NEVER seen guys inspecting eachother for raging erections. You either made it up or ended up in a S&M club.. but thanks for the laugh anyhow.

Screw I'm off to watch gladiator!

[edit on 19-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
this is a really upsetting subject to be seen on ats i think as i have been sexually assaulted and listening to you lot bicker about it makes my stomach crawl.

If you knew someone that has been assaulted then say your peace if not why bicker about it,
some people really get my goat.

not all men are bad some are, some girls are bad some aren't, why use a subject to like this to gain flag.

even children rape children (did you know that?)
think about what your saying here

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
How do I know, its because in my interviews with the rapist, the guy that committed the crime, he HAS in some cases told me as the arresting officer, knowing he was screwed and going to jail a LONG time, that it was simply because of what she wore and that in his mind she looked good and flaunted it, and in his mind WANTED IT. Yes that is the TRUE HARD FACTS ladies and gentleman.

I shared a few actual confessions with you all, I cannot tell you how broad of a spectrum rapists come up with for reasons of raping...

how accurate do you think can an interview be after the fact? i'd expect criminals of all shades to tell you what they think will help them on the long run. that said, how often did you hear the excuse about dress and appearance in general? could you offer a comparison in terms of (very rough) percentages to rapists incited by hair color or prettiness or other factors i haven't thought of?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Screw it I'm off to watch gladiator!

This thread has been a roller-coaster and it's nice to let off steam with a bit of a laugh.
Thanks Riley.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I'm Spec Ops, sniper/recon division. I've trained with women, I've trained women. I've been to Eastern Europe, I've been to Africa, South America and Middle East.

Believe me, I know how tough a women can be, and although I do think that women don't belong in the military (at least in special forces), I do believe that they have a DIFFERENT type of strength (for example, women are BEST jet-fighter pilots than men).

And to be honest, I wasn't a bit offensive regarding to what you said (everyone has the right to their opinion). I was in fact a bit offensive to the way you said it.

Furthermore, I'm a father and a husband, and I also have sisters. I do not like when people step on anyone, gender, race or philosophy of life.

Again, I just think you expressed yourself in a very offensive way.

[edit on 19/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
I wouldn't go so far to say that women are responsible for their rapes, but they do have to take some responsibility to ensure their own safety.

Either through not partaking in dangerous activities or (and) through learning self-defense.

These two things will likely ensure that the occurrences will drop significantly.

Anyone (women OR men) who does neither is just looking for trouble..

a woman shouldnt HAVE to learn self defense...other people SHOULDNT be raping women full stop.

i wudnt blame the woman for not learning self defense id blame the rapist,

the reason women are partially to blame however is because of how they conduct themselves.

many women dress in revealing clothes, put make up on and flaunt themselves infront of men in the towns on the weekend.

this is a major factor...women often flirt with men with no intention of it leading anywhere and men always flirt with women with EVERY intention of it leading somewhere...when the woman disappoints...the man comits rape.

obviously rape is 100% wrong and the rapist should be locked up anyone with a bit of intelligents and self control can handle the knock back from women and see skantilly clad women without wanting to jump them.

but there are those men out there who cant...and the way women act doesnt help.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner
THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED

is this what this guy does with his account?
waste server space?...hmmm....methinks thats an account that ats could do without...just my 2 cent....pity you couldn't do the same with that one4all nightmare...god help the poor bastards that have to listen to that drivel in person.....

-B.M

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
you are out of your league, the thread should be deleted because of the pathetic comments.
you obviously do not care what female members think and dont want to see this dribble posted everywhere, it is offensive to me because i have been raped, you sick man

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner
you are out of your league, the thread should be deleted because of the pathetic comments.
you obviously do not care what female members think and dont want to see this dribble posted everywhere, it is offensive to me because i have been raped, you sick man

If you are directing that at me you are directing that at someone who is related to someone who was raped, I won't say more as its there story to tell if they wish to, not mine....but I DO care and you don't know me to say otherwise, nor have I posted anything offensive. If you'd caught me on a bad day I'd be on the warpath right now....but....

I hope you find your peace or at least a suitable place to channel whatever pent up emotions & thoughts you have about your own experiences, lashing out at people on this thread will not benefit you or anyone else. Please stop for your own sake.

If indeed you are directing that at someone else you should have specified WHO that passionate statement was intended for. Now considering MY personal experience with the topic at hand, while there have been some ignorant and sickening posts on this thread, deleting the thread is not the answer, the Author pointed out an article he thought needed discussing, and quite frankly, this DOES need to be talked about, obviously it is swept under the rug far too often and this contributes to this problematic perspective being pointed out in the OP. I would however support the removal of parts of posts that are seriously upsetting to some ATS members, I do not see any reason to 'allow ignorance' and have the comments remain. just my 2 cent.

-B.M

P.S) its your right to add me as a respected foe as you did, but I'm no ones enemy, least of all yours...

[edit on 19/2/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
how accurate do you think can an interview be after the fact? i'd expect criminals of all shades to tell you what they think will help them on the long run.

I would say pretty accurate considering when you have physical and trace evidence to prove they are the ones responsible for the rape, why lie? Many of them give in and give full confessions because they know there is no way out. There is nothing they can say that will "help them out" once we present the evidence. All the reasons I have been given have been accurate IMO because again there was nothing to gain by making up anything, since the outcome was going to be the same.

that said, how often did you hear the excuse about dress and appearance in general?

In 2009 there were 39 confirmed rapes reported to my agency. That means we had proof of rape and made an arrest. Out of those 39, I believe 18 were stranger on stranger, meaning she did not know her attacker and if I recall (since im off work today..lol) out of those 18 I think atleast 4 were confessed that its because of how she dresses, or as a rapist tends to say, because of how she flaunted it.

could you offer a comparison in terms of (very rough) percentages to rapists incited by hair color or prettiness or other factors i haven't thought of?

A majority of rapes are committed by friends or family and usually has to do with the man wanting to overpower the female. The other popular reason among these turds is they fall for, or get infatuated by the females and believe they somehow love them and have to have them.

Percentages would be rough but when i go back to work on Monday i will give it a quick once over and give you a ROUGH idea.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Of course a man NEVER has the "green light" to rape. BUT if I'm acting like a whore and someone decides to treat me like a whore, while he doesn't have the "right" to do so...I still need to take some responsibility for the way I'm being treated.

I don't think a women ever DESERVES to be raped, but in some situations she definately needs to be aware of and accept some responsibility for her own actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undinemyth

and what responsibilities is that?
if a man forces himself upon you and hurts you, what is the womans responsibilities you mention?
to let him do it?
to hate herself for being weak against the man.
you should think before you speak, it goes through my head all the time why did they hurt me, what did i do wrong, how could i have stopped it from happening?.
a man can rape someone of their dignity and all they get is a sex offenders register great law isn't it?

do you even know what happens to people after rape?
having to tell police in graphic detail
police taking away your underwear
doctors inspecting your bits
aids test
abortion
sleepless nights
depression/anxiety
having to go court
post traumatic stress
not being able to leave the house.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

this is a major factor...women often flirt with men with no intention of it leading anywhere and men always flirt with women with EVERY intention of it leading somewhere.

so you mean it's intended more as a form of revenge or just a feeling of entitlement?

Q: what if someone promised me a hundred bucks and then, errm, 'reconsidered', how many people get robbed under these circumstances? not many, methinks, why is that? still, the majority knows the victim (ie. longer than one evening), so if at all, you are talking about the minority of cases, aren't you?

reply to post by rcwj1975

thx, that's a lot better than pretty much the rest of the thread
i'm surprised nearly half were stranger on stranger, though.

[edit on 2010.2.19 by Long Lance]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

thx, that's a lot better than pretty much the rest of the thread
i'm surprised nearly half were stranger on stranger, though.

[edit on 2010.2.19 by Long Lance]

My thought on that is that when you are sexually assaulted by someone you know, you are loathe to report it, because then all the friends and family you share will make their judgments. Plus, when it is someone you know, as it was in the times it happened to me, you just can't believe they would do that to you, and you try to sort it out in your mind instead of reporting it immediately, like you would if it were a stranger. The lack of reporting by women assaulted by men they know would skew the counts.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

i know exactly what you mean there it took a week to tell my partner what happened i thought they would leave me (it was their older friend who assaulted me)
infact my partner stayed with me and supported me all the way, i just wish that i could have told them sooner.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
there are some really cruel comments here to other people.
people should step lightly on such subjects and not upset other members

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join