It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

No, there is no proof for those who have remained in their own world their whole lives, because they know everything as it is.

I am waiting for something irrefutable, that I KNOW was the way it was, that has changed.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

I don't have 20 posts yet so can't U2U. Needless to say, I don't think this is a "Lost" thing. I'd buy the timeline shift. Perhaps someone went back in time and "fixed" things? That still doesn't explain the movement of Australia, though.

Actually, I would venture to say that is the most critical aspect of what you lot are suggesting here.

a time traveller could make a change that effects the outcome of many different aspects, from the mandella dying in prison thing, to all sorts of subtle and big events..sure, no way to prove it, but that is plausable

however, the geography wouldnt change...the continents are like they are due to a specific set of scientific principles that even in a billion billion different timelines would occur the exact same, unless something big happened, like you went back 10k years and blew up a second moon or something...then you could have physical changes.

So...whats left...shared delusion?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
my...GOD!
I looked through some old pictures I had of me in my early 20s...

I can clearly see a full head of hair...but, I am looking in the mirror now and much of it is simply gone...like it vanished.

there could be something too this after all.

(sorry, this thread required one sarcastic joke...not sure if I could sleep well if I didnt do it)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In my timeline, I remember that Billy Graham had become too frail to continue in his ministry so Franklin Graham, his son, took over. I also remember other things like for instance, the word WHOSE was spelt differently than it is today. IN my timeline, it was spelt whoes... Also, WWII did not end in 1945... It ended in 1947 when America dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HeardTheOwl

I too seem to recall that NZ was northwest of Australia, and a bit further out.....not southwest or southeast. So you're the first one I've seen that correlates a vague memory that doesn't quite jive with the original post. But something did change.

The odd thing is, there have been numerous times throughout my life where I've had instances like this....sure that something was one way, only to be told it was another. I'd pass it off like I just had bum information, and a few times, I probably did, (no one can be right ALL of the time). But there were a few times where I knew I wasn't wrong, either because of personal interactions or experiences....only to have to accept that those never existed. A few times, I thought I had gone nuts, and finally resolved myself to getting a dream mixed up with reality just to explain it. Rest assured, I'm of sound mind! Unfortunately, at this time, I can't recall any specific instances, but I'll have to think on it for a bit. I just know I've experienced it quite often over the years. At least twice since last year, for sure.

Will let ya know if I remember anything.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

yeah I can't recall exactly certain things, but I do remember a few times being at a store looking for something that I know is/was a well known item. Only to ask and find out no-one has ever heard of it. I just can't remember exactly what. Probably because when I was told it did not exist I forgot about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Timeline shifts are just people having a bad memory. The way the brain stores information is not permanent and studies has shown that people describe things much differently after time has passed.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by harlykwin

Best I've heard so far....

Every nuclear bomb creates a "rift" in space time, possibly allowing things to change with in the very fabric of reality. Bermuda Triangle style.

Isn't there speculation Iran just did an underground Nuke test this week?

I don't remember Iran being that far in their nuke program, I remember them not even having enriched uranium yet.

Also this is silly but the band Armor For Sleep...I remember going to a concert of their last month...supposedly they broke up oct of last year?

I also remember Chris Farley not dying till 2005... though he is still dead to me

[edit on 15-2-2010 by xhopefullookx]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Time just seems to go from one crappy day to the next as far as I'm concerned! Except when I get drunk and loose as day!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Have always lived in oz, maps have always been the same (nz on se). Maybe you were looking at the globe upside down?

Don't know about any supposedly dead dudes, but I know that I misplace things alot and look everywhere for them before eventually finding them where I had previously looked and they weren't there when I first looked (even when i knew for certain exactly where I'd left something, eg. keys) and no, nobody else was around to move them or play tricks on me either.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bryan2006
Ok, maybe we can use this thread to actually discuss what is going on without being ridiculed by aussies! haha

I know a lot of Americans are poor at Geography, I'm not and never have been, thats why I made such a big deal about this.

I also remember reading Cap Cook's journals about going there and clearly remember her first stopped off at NZ to provision, but was drove away by hostile natives- then went to the north coast of Aus, but it took some work to find a suitable safe harbor. Now when I read it is not that way. He did not get to NZ until much later in the trip. SO...Not just geography has changed for me.

Also Billy Graham is without a doubt dead

And Mandella- but I was too young to remember the exact details- I was shocked this summer to hear he was alive, etc

I have more, but I need to go to the gym now.

I appreciate the new thread- this may get interesting

Billy Graham is not dead... he is very much alive... maybe the Billy Graham in your other universe is dead though

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Maybe the cause of this is nuclear testing and bombing. A possible test on thursday, the multiple North Korea tests, and all those from the past may have caused a "merger" of universal lines. Our minds may have touched the minds of our counter-parts leaving behind memories of another universe slightly different from our own.

I remember my parents discussing the Grahm situation little over a year ago. I remember bill cosby was dead, and Mandella was dead. The Aus/NZ has always been west and east respc., but I thought Spain touched Italy not Spain France then Italy. What could be the cause of the displacement of Australia is the transition from a round globe to a square map which is very common in school.

And Chris Farley died prea 2005 because I was hunting in the winter of 03 when I found out he had died still earlier than that.

Back to my first paragraph I noticed the changes did occur near a nuke test.

A personal "time change" The words "gather ye rosebuds while ye may... CARPE DIEM" has been on my cielling for about five years, before that I never saw it. I have used this room as my bedroom for a decade or more and never saw it. The phrase is writen in ink near an alcove so it would be easily spoted.

[edit on 2/15/2010 by Reneau]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeardTheOwl
As you guys know, I am in the whole "New Zealand moved/Australia moved" group. I knew the ridicule was going to come on here for it, so I can't say I am surprised. It does mean a lot to me, though, that some of the people who don't believe it still have actually been kind of supportive of us. So thank you to those people.

Like I said, I don't generally believe in this stuff. I don't believe in a "New World Order" or reptilians or The Mad Gasser Of Mattoon.
All I do know that is that many, *many* times in the past, I had looked at...not glanced at...looked at and studied the map for the New Zealand area due to a good friend of mine living there. And I also distinctly remember it being NW of Australia. Not just once...but every time I looked at a map, it was up there.
And of *course* it didn't somehow just move there overnight while everyone was sleeping, like some people in the other threads were making it sound. Why it is where it seems to be now is something I don't understand or have any theories for. It's just there where it shouldn't be.
So, that being said, my biggest question is...assuming the few of us are right, why do *we* remember it the old way when nobody else does? Why are we different?
And as far as people turning up alive who should be dead (or vice versa), I can honestly say that I haven't experienced that. It's just the New Zealand thing for me.
Even if the weirdest possible scenario is true and someone or something is messing up timelines somehow, I don't think there is really anything we can do about it.

what? new zealand to the north west of australia? new zealand has always been to the east of australia in fact all flights to LA pass new zealand??? what dimention are you guys coming from? where new zealand is part of asia???

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Having lived in Australia for all my life, of course NZ has always been to the south east ... however..
I've had some strange experiences timeline related over the past few weeks so I can't discount that people from other timelines might have known NZ to be in another location. It seems that if it's something 'you're not too sure of' then it becomes a possibility that can change. The only things that don't seem to change are the things that you're dead certain about.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think we might be able to break this down with chaos theory

I noticed alot of the "jumpers" are from North America

here is my theory

Iran does a nuclear test, displacing and radiating matter.
Flip the globe around, Iran and north america both have a little common ground on the 60th parallel, give or take some displacement, plus the earths spin.

Could a detonation on one side of the globe cause a temporal displacement on the other?

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xhopefullookx

Slight aggreance, but a large percent can't use a map or recall history very well. Memory is stored as a picture and our mind may read or write this memory wrong. I myself know I recall skewed images, things are slightly different than I remember: curve, length, width, highth, colour. Maybe what some are experiencing is not a time shift, or whatever, but a skewed memory. This is bigger than America if it is happening at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
For me, Aus and NZ have always been the same. Neil Armstrong first man on the moon in 1969 if memory serves without Google. JFK shot and killed in 1966 in Texas. Hiroshima AND Nagasaki were bombed, ending WWII in 1945, not 1947.

I have to say that I did think Mandella was dead up until recently, but I also remember him being released from prison alive.

But then again, history is not by far my strongest subject. My memory is too poor for that.

Another person I was convinced was dead, but is not is Ken Dodd. I couldn't believe it when I saw a poster for a live performance!!

Edit to add:

About me: Male, UK, late 20's

[edit on 15-2-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hm, this thread was closed and ridiculed in the timeline i come from, but yet, here its still open.

Cant believe what im reading people. Bunch of misinformed guys wielding their pseudoscience.
Even the worst Star Trek tng episode with its technobabble makes more sense than what i read here.

And to all of those that remeber NZ beeing West of AUS... *facepalm*

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Kennedy was nov 22 of 63, because Johnson took over and Nixon won the next two elections but resigned in the second leaving Ford in charge.
60, 64, 68, 72

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Compelled To Post...

I always thought I was good with geography. Looking at these online world maps, Australia does seem out of place. I remember it being like a big island out in the middle of nowhere with NZ being a good distance away...and all other land, for that matter.

I have a way to test this out. I have a world map that has been in storage for a while. It is an older National Geographic map, framed, circa early 1970's. It is an older one that still has U.S.S.R. on it. I am going to have to make an hours drive out to my storage unit just to see the map and see if my memory has failed me or if something else is at play. The suspense is getting to me now. I will either bow my head in shame of my dysfunctional memory, or take a picture of what I *know* I remember and post that picture on here. Either way, this question needs to be settled...at least in my mind.

As far as the others...Mandela: Never gave it much thought until I realized he was alive a few years ago. Graham: I'm so sure he died...but the available information says I'm wrong. I have known that it was Hiroshima AND Nagasaki for years...but that old footage of the bomb going off and the aftermath haunted me as a kid...I couldn't sleep because I was afraid that someone was going to drop a bomb on *us*.

Well, I will be leaving in about an hour or two to go check that map. I'll post my results.

By the way, 32 Male U.S.A. GA

--Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join