It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LSWONE
The one that really stands out in my mind is a song coming out by a group name Juanes. The song is Camisa Negra (Black Shirt).................I remember thinking, "hey..Someone remade it" and sang along with it. I got a minute later and downloaded the song. A few days later while visiting my parents, I decided to play it for them and asked what they thought of the remake? They said they never heard that song before.

I have had the same kind of thing happen, but kind of in reverse.

Everyone remembers the song Rock On by David Essex, well I didn't remember it. The classic rock stations play it all the time. I remember the Michael Damian version from the 1980's. The strange thing is that no one remembered it and until 6 months ago I couldn't find it. The disk jockeys and my mom (Who used to sing along with it when I was 14) were completely devoid about it. This song hit #1 for him in 1989!!

Now playing the freaking song for my mom she remembers it. My wife remembers it.
Is it possible to jump between two different realities and back again years later?

I have another subject that this can lead into, but that will wait till I have all my personal notes in order.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Nixon was impeached. I remember him to be the only US president to be impeached.

I remember Nixon resigned under pressure from watergate scandal and military discord. Didn't Eisenhower want to impeach Nixon?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by dzonatas]

I distinctly remember him being impeached.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrael

Sounds to me like you're just dealing with a highly forgettable song
If they were claiming that they had never forgotten it or something, then maybe you'd have an instance.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ok, I've thought I've heard it all until I read this post. What the hell are you talking about "timeline shifts"? Seriously. This is stretching the whole mysticism thing, for real. Please people, if you are using drugs, seek help. And I mean with all due respect.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OK after commenting again in the Aussie/NZ thread, I came up with an idea.

Obviously for most people here they first noticed this 'phenomenon' (for lack of a better word) with the whole Aussie/NZ situation. So I was thinking why don't we try to pinpoint an exact time for the shift and what might have been going on during that time.

Here is what we need to do. Obviously, if you hadn't seen a world map for some time, you would be clueless as to the change, however, can anybody think back to the last time, FOR SURE, that they saw the map where Aussie and NZ were represented differently.

The last time for sure that I remember seeing a map was January of 2005. This was after the release of Lord of the Rings: Return of the Kind special extended Edition on DVD. After watching all the films through as well as the documentaries on the design and location (New Zealand) I became very interested in the place. I remember researching New Zealand to great lengths and that was probably the last time for sure that I ever really payed attention to that area of the map. I know for sure that it was up until that point that "our version" of land placement was still in tact in my mind however, it could have been longer still.

Can anyone else share similar experiences?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I was in a store as a child with my parents when an announcement was made over the Public Address system that Nixon had resigned.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am assuming time line shifts occur very suddenly. This just happened to me recently a neighbor's dog had been barking,whining crying all day since 7 am. I talked to my neighbor and she said the dog had been crying all night as well. She also said that the elderly neighbor always leaves his house but has not for days. She said last night his dog was whimpering and crying. She said she thinks that the nieghbor is hurt or dead. I call 911 and they tell me to call maintence so they can enter the apartment if need be.
The dog was barking more and more. The police show up and asks where the guy lives; what happened etc.I saidsomething about a dog barking they said there is no dog.
The police go upstairs and everything changes so suddenly. There is no dog when the man had a dog for a long time. The lady denies ever speaking to me. She said she just arrived home but she came to my door. The man is ok but suddenly he lives on a different floor and different apartment with no dog?
How does a guy go from being hurt/dead to being alive without a dog living on a different floor? I have talked to this guy a few times and I know he has a dog lives on the thrid floor.
I saw the lady later on and she didnot even recognize me. The 911 call now came from someone else and had no mention of a dog barking? Then the lady who supposedly called 911 was not even home?
Is this just really bad police work or some sort of time shift?
The lady who I talked to mentioned a weird smell coming from the guy's apartment.
When I called maintence back they said a call was never placed. I explained the situation to the same guy I spoke with but he never spoke with me?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am on a Yahoo group where we talk about the time shifts all the time. It's very interesting. I've personally experienced one with Jack Palance. I remember him dying then saw him on the Oscars doing push ups or something. Very strange stuff.

You can read more here:

www.starfiretor.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread, but it's definitely an interesting read. I don't think I've experienced any sort of time shift, and I don't seem to remember anything being out of place or something not right in my past compared to what I know now.

Not saying it isn't possible, but I've never experienced anything like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to stand on this issue. I have always been a believer in astral travel, ghosts, the afterlife, etc. But, I do have to say I am very confused. I'm not old enough to really remember Mandela or Graham (spelling?), as I'm only 15 years old. But I can attest to the Australia bit. I have a world map sitting under Plexiglas on my desk, and I don't ever remember Australia being so close to Indonesia and Paupa New Guinea. I remember it being further south. I'm not sure where New Zealand was in my memory, but I do know I don't remember Australia being that high up on any map I've ever seen. I don't remember other dates or things relevant to this, and the map under my desk is at least 1-2 years old. I don't know if I've always blanked out on this in my memory, or if something else has occurred. Does anyone else feel this way?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm trying to be respectful, but I think all this is about either:

A) ignorance of fact (just because you believed something to be the case, when you find out it isn't the case, doesn't mean there's been a splitting of the universe ... it means you were wrong or misinformed and now you are stubborn or overly susceptible to outrageous explanations for your own (common) intellectual deficiencies;

B) media confusion (I don't believe this to be the cause of most of what's been written about here, but sometimes the media do get something factual wrong - and though it is usually corrected by other media outlets, if one hears the initial report and isn't that particularly interested, it can be easy to see how they might miss a correction and therefore believe their initial understanding);

C) poor education (if you're taught things wrong - including the ability to understand and formulate reasoning - it can have an effect on you into perpetuity

That said, I have Australia issues myself. I never believed NZ to be west of Australia, but I did always believe it to be northeast when, in fact, it is clearly southeast.

However, it occurred to me that I spent much time in my school days (because I just naturally dig maps) staring at one of those giant pull-down world maps that was a Mercator projection (a flat representation of a globe). And there IS a difference in Australia's location on a regular map versus a Mercator projection. I firmly believe this is the cause of some of the AUS/NZ issues. You can see for yourself if you Google map of the world images, then mercator projection map of the world images. I mean NZ doesn't switch sides (I don't know what that's about), but the apparent distance between Australia and Asia does appear to change and Australia SEEMS further away from the rest of the world.

I also believed that Rev. Billy Graham had died. I feel like I was sure of it, though this news wouldn't have interested me in the slightest. So it's surprising to find out he's alive, but it's because I don't care that much (no offense to him or anything) that it's easy to see that I had just stored incorrect information in my head. Now, if I was a follower of his or something, that might be different.

But it wasn't because of a nuclear test. And I strongly object to the idea that the universe split so that Billy Graham can maintain his suffering on this mortal coil.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I am going to say that the the LHC is a likely cause of this.

By Alan Boyle
msnbc.com
Nov. 6, 1997 - Massive objects like black holes and neutron stars appear to warp space and time in their surroundings, astronomers say in two new studies. The discovery gives a boost to Einstein’s general theory of relativity as well as to unorthodox “Star Trek” speculation.

The phenomenon observed by American and Italian astronomers is known as frame-dragging or Lense-Thirring precession.

As a consequence of Albert Einstein’s theories, physicists predicted in 1918 that the gravity of any spinning body should distort space and time in its surroundings, much like a twister picks up objects in their path. But the effect is so slight that it had never been detected in the more than seven decades since the prediction was first made.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Jan 29, 2009 05:45 PM in Basic Science | 13 comments
Worries about LHC black hole resurface

One corollary of the delayed start-up of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the world's largest particle accelerator, is that it gives physicists—and the rest of the world—more time to mull the much-discussed possibility that the LHC could produce Earth-gobbling black holes.

In a paper posted recently to arxiv.org, physicist Roberto Casadio of the University of Bologna in Italy and his co-authors argue against such a scenario. But the bulk of the attention following their analysis has focused on their observation that microscopic LHC black holes, should they arise, could persist for seconds before decaying. (To wit, Fox News's story headlined: "Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World.")

It's worth pointing out that these collider-induced black holes only arise in certain theoretical frameworks, which posit that we reside in a universe of more dimensions than the four (three for space, one for time) that we're used to. In fact, the Casadio team's analysis presumes a certain five-dimensional theoretical model of the universe known as the Randall-Sundrum (RS) model. Although the RS model has its adherents, many alternatives exist—in fact, it is hoped that the LHC will help illuminate which of the competing big-picture theories is correct (or at
...www.scientificamerican.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.scientificamerican.com...

If black holes warp time, and if the LHC make black holes, then that could explain what is going on. Either way I don't think making black holes on earth is a good idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

Everything warps time! But it's only an accelaration/deccelaration thing (I can't remember if it was one of them or both). The kinda black holes that the LHC would create would be so miniscule it wouldn't even matter. Imagine having a plate of peas, and then a pea turned into a black hole, none of the peas would be disturbed (Okay, maybe it might "eat" some extremely nearby matter) because the pea hadn't had enough mass to disturb the other peas in the first place, and the black hole would be rapidly losing mass due to Hawking radiation, the only difference would be the heat (Which is inversely proportional to the mass, so very, very, hot).

Another point, if time had changed it would be impossible for you to notice, because time had changed so that report of you seeing Nixon punching a small kitten would have changed aswell.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I do remember hearing a new hit song that I thought is an old song by the same singer. The song is very familiar to me but everyone says that it is a new song!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the only real times i physically sense time shifting is when im under the effect of hallucinogens , time goes slow , fast and in reverse as well .

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
nycfrog27, so you read all posts in this thread and still dont understand what we are trying to discuss here, so you decided to flame us all by insinuating that anyone who has experienced this is a drug user?
Your opinion is meaningless and you should try to shut your pie hole unless you have something positive to add to the discussion.
Also, just because you say "with all due respect" after you insult a group of people, does not make it OK.
With such a small closed mind I wonder what you are even doing here on the ATS boards...and I say that with all due respect. (which is none)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have to agree with bryan2006 that if this is happening the culprit is more than likely the Large Hedron Collider.

Think about this. If there are an infinate number of realities that all occupy the same place in the universe that means that in some of those realities there are other LHC's occupying the same place in the universe. The LHC accelerates particles to 99.9% of the speed of light which scientists consider a safe thing to do even if it does produce tiny black holes.

But take into consideration what may happen if all the LHC's in parallel universes are all running at the same point in time accelerating particles to near light speeds, all producing tiny black holes at the same time and place in the universe.

I dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this could cause problems and possibly resulting in converged realities.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Nixon was impeached. I remember him to be the only US president to be impeached.

I remember Nixon resigned under pressure from watergate scandal and military discord. Didn't Eisenhower want to impeach Nixon?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by dzonatas]

I distinctly remember him being impeached.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Mystery_Lady]
If Nixon would have stayed in office, instead of resigning, he would have been impeached. As it is, he wasn't. In fact, Bill Clinton went through the impeachment process further than Richard Nixon did. In regard to the Nelson Mandela thing, I am pretty sure that people who think that he died in prison are confusing him with Steven Biko. Steven Biko was an anti-apartheid activist that DID die in prison due to a beating by guards that fractured his skull. en.wikipedia.org...
I believe that Steven Biko was killed because he was a strong leader, and he was very intelligent, representing a great threat to the Apartheid government. He invented the term, "Black is beautiful".

[edit on 16-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well I'm afraid I have no idea who Billy Graham is/was, my geography has always been terrible so I don't know if Australia has moved or not. I do know that Nelson Mandela was alive in 1990 because a girl I knew ran up to me in school all excited that he had been freed from prison and I was 15 at the time.

What I do know is that for the past 2.5 - 3 years my world hasn't "felt" right. One big thing that I noticed all of last year was that the sun wasn't in the right place for the time of day or year. I'm not an astronomer or anything so I can't give facts to go by, but I just noticed that it always felt much later than it actually was. About 2 years ago I had an extremely vivid dream in which I woke up in my flat I was living in at the time, and the lamp was on in my room, I was disorientated and called out for my partner who wasn't there at the time. I felt something in my arm and looked and saw I had a drip coming out from the crease in my elbow. I could feel the needle inside my arm as I always do in real life when I have blood taken. I removed the needle and went out onto the landing and even though the carpets and rooms were the same there was all different furniture there and it was really messy. I was touching things trying to work out what was going on. I awoke in my bed as normal and my arm was sore in the place I had felt the needle in my dream. I felt very scared and began to wonder what was real and what was not after that and since then I haven't felt as though anything is really as it seems.

I've always had an impecable memory and the last 3 years I find it hard to recall certain things. It's not like I'm getting older and forgetting things because I can easily recall stuff for quizzes etc, it's just like some things have been wiped from my memory and there is just a white spot in its place.
I joined facebook and people I went to school with remembered me as being friends with them but I remember quite well who my friends were in school, who were my enemies and those who were just there neither friend or foe.

I will tell you one definite story that has changed. Back in the late 80's my parents used to get the News Of The World on a sunday and I used to read the magazine, but I remember there being a headline on the front page of the paper about the world's youngest mother aged 9, I think she was from Africa. Now only last week it was in the press that a young girl has given birth and is the world's youngest mother at 9 - so what happened to the girl in the 80's?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Since one of the posters asked, the last time I recall looking at a map and seeing New Zealand where I remember it being was about a year ago. Australia is one of the places I would like to visit in my life, so I looked at a map to see if I think I could swing Australia AND a stop in New Zealand if the opportunity ever arose to fly there. That's the last time I looked at a map where New Zealand was NW of Australia.
Like I said, some of these theories are WAY too out there and sci-fi for me, but I do have to admit that I have always been uneasy about the LHC. At the risk of sounding even crazier than people on here are already making me feel, I *do* feel like reality has been a little more...unstable...for the past few years, if that makes sense.
But I have never bought into the whole 2012 scenario. I think it will basically be another Y2K. The year will come and go, and the world will go on.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join