It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to turn on my Enlightenment, can someone help me?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
So"sweeping up around the ashram for twenty years"won't cut it for thee,eh?There are a few paths that might be faster,I know one.Can't speak of it by name and won't tell anyone what to do.But to know what IT looks like it helps to have 'maps'.This method does not always work and is definitely not for everyone,but it does offer speed.At one time one of these "agents" was called "spiritual penicillin"Terrence McKenna tells all.

i have ordered already some ayauhusca and intend doing it this weekend. i know it may not be the correct way of enlightenment but don't guess it can hurt,

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
i have ordered already some ayauhusca and intend doing it this weekend. i know it may not be the correct way of enlightenment but don't guess it can hurt,

Hahaha, do you have any experience with any other psychedelics? Like maybe even other legal ones like salvia?

If it's something specific you don't want to mention here u2u me.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yea, I have did it all at one time or the other as I am 57 yrs. old. I was raised during the hippy generation and WoodStock...We all did acid back then. After about 5 good trips I took to much one night at the beach and haven't taken any since. That was 38 yrs ago....lol....I do remember loving Mescaline though. Make you laugh your A$$ off....lol....

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

That's great. I have a feeling your post is going to be removed but at least you can't be too awful damned surprised this weekend I guess.

But then that's what we always say, right? ...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ciao Caji316

OK, so, want to become enlightened? Congratulations, you're halfway there.

Before I go any farther let me apologize as I will most likely repeat what many others have already said.

The path to enlightenment is really quite beguilling. Before you know it you're already on the path and halfway to the destination.
Let me tell you about my own path and maybe it'll give you an idea of what I mean. For me it all began in a public library. I was interested in something completely unrelated to enlightenment, I was doing some research in the library when I came across a picture of a Sadhu smoking a chillam. I was enthralled. After a while, I was planning a trip and I decided that I just had to go to India and see the real thing for my self. At this point I was still not interested in meditation or Yoga or enlightenment, I was vaguely aware of the terms and what it entailed but I was still not serious about doing any of the practices myself. All I knew was that picture of a Sadhu smoking a chillam. What got me was the eyes. I could see that this guy had something, (I call it shakti now that I know what it is), some kind of power or knowledge that I nor any other person I knew had. And I sort of got the idea that it was related to the chillam he was smoking. You being a hippie you can probablely deduce what it is he was smoking. So anyways I arrived in India and found myself wondering around looking for any info I could find about Sadhus and what they did. I ended up in a place called Rishikish. It was here that I first got my first taste of meditation and Yoga. I was interested in the whole ritual involving chillams, so I asked some of the Babas what they were doing when they smoked their chillams. Outwardly I could see what was going on, they were smoking chillams. Many other foreigners were also smoking chillams but I could see that the Sadhu were doing something special when smoking chillams and I was curious about it so I asked(you know what they say, ask and you shall receive). So I asked, and this one Sadhu showed me the ritual and explained to me the underlying theory and concepts behind the rituals. All that was left was to try it out. With the help of my new found mentor, we picked an auspicious night and I did the ritual. What happened to me during/after the ritual I cannot describe in words, I hesitate to even think that what happened as being objectively real. Anyways, what happened to me, happened to me and only me and it can only be meaningful to me so I'll not bore you with details. It would be useless to explain to you because it'll not happen to you, when it does happen to you, you'll experience it differently, as will everybody else. As for the ritual itself, as someone mentioned in another post the use of drugs can be dangerous, so I'll not mention it(if you're really interested you can go to India and it'll present itself, or if you're meant to learn it, you'll learn it India or no India). So, after this experience I was hooked. I was soon learning about Yoga and Dhyan, meditation and Pratyahara, Asanas, Pranayama, Yama, Niyama,the works. My mentor said I should learn Hatha Yoga from one of the Ashrams, so there I was taking lessons at the Ashram. Some of the other students were talking about a new Yoga teacher and his classes so I decided to tak drop in on a lesson to see what everyone was raving about. The lesson ended with a half hour lecture from the Guru. He started talking about information and knowledge, about how information/knowledge is a living conscious energy. He said, you are all here from various parts of the world to gain knowledge and information about Yoga, this is no coincidence, you are here because the information, the knowledge has picked you.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Continued from previous post.

I am sure that everyone who has ever read a book has had an experience like this Sometimes you walk into a book shop and a book practiclally jumps off the shell into your hands and it's exactly what you wanted. Or you go to the park, sit on a bench and put your hand down on an old book, you start reading it and you can't put it down, two hours, three hours pass, you go home you still can't put it down, you end up finnishing the book off in three or four days. Or a book you've always wanted to read presents itself and you start reading it and it's boring so you put it down, it's sitting on a shelf collecting dust for two years when you suddenly think about it and pick it up and find it so enthralling that you're wondering why you didn't read it earlier. The Guru was saying that information/knowledge comes to you when you are ready for it and need it. He said you're here, in my class, open to the information/knowledge available, which means that you are ready for it. And thats when it hit me. My path didn't start with the ritual and my subsequeint study of Yoga, it had been going on long before then. If you look back at your own life you'll see how you've been on the path already and that you've travelled half the path already. So, relax, the rest of the path will present itself in due time and you'll become enlightened(it's just a matter of time). The fact that you are asking these questions and getting feedback is proof that the information is opening up to you. All thats left to do is to find the faith to beleive, beleive in a God, or Beleive that you will become enlightend. Well, you've also got to find the right peice of information, or rather the right peice of information has to find you. In this day and age there's all sorts of information out there, and a lot of it can be useless or erroroneous. It's up to you to sift through it all and find out what works for you.

OK, thats enough for now huh? I'll try and do another post thats not so rambling and more direct and to the point.

Ciao ciao

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join