It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universal Phenomenon of missing Socks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Now I'm no laundry Nazi, meaning, I don't count and categorize to precision accuracy! my clothes in and out of the laundry, I'm a bachelor that basically chucks in his clothes and grabs them out, folds, puts away, forget about it.

But my entirely life, I don't know what it is, and i'm sure many others have experienced themselves apparently misplacing socks?!?
even right now, i don't sleep over many other places except where I stay, and Its like I can't even explain it, I had like 12 pairs, now im down to 2?
They're Socks! the sad thing is I've actually torn apart the place looking, and its like they've just vanished.
maybe I should experience with a video camera when i get some new ones...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do you have a dog water dish? That is where my cat puts my missing socks. Look there!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
haha no pets right now, but that might explain some from childhood.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I often entertain myself by convincing my housemate that his socks run away.

It's amazing the number of times they turn up on the floor just outside the laundry basket as if they've 'gone over the wall' and are heading for the back door.

Occasionally one will get left behind in the washing machine and I always claim that its hiding, just waiting for its opportunity to abscond.

I've carried it on for so long, I swear he's started to believe me

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eebc41484dfd.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hilarious. I HAD to share that with my hubby!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Many socks get flung into the space between the washing machine casing and the actual tumbler...dont bother checking there unless you want to ruin your washing machine

Edited for massive typo

[edit on 14/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
edit:typo best laugh ive had in a while oz

[edit on 14-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Many cocks get flung into the space between the washing machine casing and the actual tumbler...

Do they really?

I think it must be you ... tumble mah dingle!

[edit on 14 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We found the solution for this in our house.

Being two men we just buy those big multi-packs of socks. If one sock get a hole and thrown away, or is just lost, we just wait for another to go missing and pair it with an identical sock from that batch.

We buy bags of white & black, pretty much all you need. And even the thick wool winter socks we buy the bulk bag. If one sock decides to leave home we just wait for another to feel abused enough to leave and give it a new partner.

They're sneaky little buggers, but you can control them.

Underwear gnomes are much harder to deal with. :shk:
We set traps for those little thieves......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12cc9ab20d8a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14/2/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Facepalm....its a typo

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why not discard simple convention and wear whatever two socks one may have available?

Or, you could always repurpose this device.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Or, you could always repurpose this device.

Oh my ... what if you lose your keys?
If you notice the ad, it says use your keys to find your keys!
The combination logic trap/infinity is too much to handle ...
That is an evil evil website!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Oh my ... what if you lose your keys?

Just don't ever wash and stick them in the dryer.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by loam]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Facepalm....its a typo

Paging DR Freud Dr Freud to the laundry room.

I believe that the missing sock situation was the result of a paradoxical mishap that occurred around the time of the first failed Tesla experiment, where he tried to use the dryer in his rooming house as A zero-point energy field generator and blew up ice house next door.

...Of course Edison and his lackeys tried to take over the rooming house.
The ice in their drinks revealed there intentions to Tesla and he quickly escape through the potable hole he created the day before.

The other solution that I found to this problem is to is to ball up your dirty socks when you take them off, before you wash them and don't forget to un-ball your sock just before washing them.

I now have 6000 pairs of socks. lol and one stray.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You do know that Washing machines, and dryers are gateways to another dimension?

that's where your socks went buddy... just like bed bath and beyond.... no one ever comes back from the beyond...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You need to train your socks, discipline is key - don't be afraid to use a little tough love.

Some of my techniques are to reward good behaviour, spot the trouble makers and with hold washing. For instance if you notice that 2 socks are readily to hand day after day, go ahead and show them love - it does not matter if they are not a matching pair, unconventional parings can often be the most satisfying.

If some of your socks enjoy smelling odd, that's fine... Be fair and don't discriminate.

It takes time and work but the rewards are a legion of socks that respect you and will do your bidding.

If you ever feel the need to wear stockings be honest about it and talk it through with your socks, if they truly love you they will understand.

A sock is for a week, not just for one day - their personalities can be fragile and constant washing will only serve to confuse them.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Also a holiday can be nice for them - if you are around someone else's place swap socks! (telling the other person is up to the particular circumstances, it's not always required).

And then when they come back from the big world they have stories to tell, how I was on this foot, and then I was left in this place, you know real memories.

Sort of like an exchange trip, be sure to be sensible here though... There are rumours that socks are mistreated, I can't speak from experience but I have heard tales of sock mutilations, these socks are made to perform against their will, to have surgical surgery so as to look like some hideous cryptozoological frankenstein sock bunny freaks or something - ohh that makes me mad

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

The Universal Phenomenon of missing Stocks

Now I'm no money-laundry Nazi, meaning, I don't count and categorize to precision accuracy! I'm a just a US Treasury Executive that basically chucks in tax money into bailouts and watches banks fold it, put it away and forget about it.

But my entirely life, I don't know what it is, and i'm sure many others have experienced themselves apparently misplacing tax money?!?
even right now, i don't hand cash over tp many other places except the banks, and Its like I can't even explain it, I had like $12 trillion, now im down to $2?
They're jyst paper notes! the sad thing is I've actually torn apart the books looking, and its like they've just vanished.
maybe I should experience with a video camera when i get some new ones...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

The aliens ate my socks... I swear!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join