It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to Masons on this board

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It sure sounds to me like we are talking about someone that was a drunk probably doing their own little snow parties. Got in trouble, got kicked out of the fraternity for it as well. Wants to blame his life on the organization because he found out that he could not pull stings to get out of trouble.

Now it is blaming time .....

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It sure sounds to me like we are talking about someone that was a drunk probably doing their own little snow parties. Got in trouble, got kicked out of the fraternity for it as well. Wants to blame his life on the organization because he found out that he could not pull stings to get out of trouble.

Now it is blaming time .....

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Gentlemen,

I just wanted to let you all know I have taken the "plunge" so to speak. Yes, I called my local Lodge and setup contact. I must first say that his was all because of you, and you'll never know how much I appreciate it, I mean that.

Now for an interesting tidbit. After I'd gotten off the phone with my Lodge, I got a phone call from a dear friend. He knew of my intention to join, and he was very impressed and encouraging to say the least. "Jim, how the hell'd you know about this?" I said, rather puzzled, like being hit in the head I'd guess. He just laughed out loud and waited for me to put 2 and 2 together lol. Turns out a very dear friend of mine, one that I've known for literally years and years, he's a "reptile" too.

In all seriousness though, this guy, you'd have to know him of course, but I mean he's of the utmost character. He's a pillar of the community, and in our small town (population 6,000), he's a guy people know and trust.

He's a Deputy for our County's Sheriff's Office, I'm a reserve Deputy, and me and him work together just about every weekend. I must say, I was totally surprised, as we've known each other so long, and literally place our lives in each other's hands regularly.

Anyways, we spoke of many things, much along the lines as what I've spoken of with you gentlemen. I think he could tell I was excited, as he'll be over this evening for dinner, we'll be speaking of my application further, and talking it over with the wife.

I just wanted to say thank you, as I'd not have done it if I'd not have spoken with you all, for that "nudge" of support. I was still on the fence really, but when I saw people come in my thread posting all sorts of foolishness degrading Masonry, and how logically you spoke to them, I knew it was the right thing to do. I don't know, can't explain it, but with all the B.S. I see posted on here about Freemasonry, knowing that it was all baseless claims, it kinda encouraged me to join also.

There was a time I was like some of these people, saw masons as conspiratorial etc. But if you really research it and look it over with a logical eye, it becomes apparent that there is not any concrete basis for such reasoning. There is (in my opinion) much more to gain from Masonry as an individual, than is ever taken by the organization. Does that make sense?

Leveller, Mirthful, Alex, Bill, JCmin, and Masonic Light, thanks for the thoughts and advice. I truly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

TS

About the craziness posted a few posts back, I can only say this:

If you truly want to learn of Freemasonry, rather than just forming a belief system consisting of conspiratorial and anti-Masonic websites etc, you can do so. There are many Masonic books that are in the public's domain. Granted you will read things that you won't understand, but if you have a true hunger for the knowledge, you may end up joining to learn more.

People always have an irrational fear of the unknown. No matter what that's true. But the beauty of a truly independent thinking Man(or woman), is the ability for him/her to rise above primal fears, and logically approach a situation. If you are "fearful" of Freemasonry, read, study, and rationalize what you digest of the Craft. Ask advice of a Freemason! They're open honest, good-natured people. That's really all I can tell you. Best of luck on that search!

TS

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
TheSeeker, I wonder how many anti- mosoners know people just like your friend, but have no clue of his ties to Masonry.

Great story, I wish you the best of luck, I too have taken the first step to joining, largely due to the help and guidance of the Masons on this board. Please feel free to U2U me about your experience joining, I'd like nothing more then to speak with someone going through it at the same time

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Seeker. Glad to see that you've taken the first steps to join our Fraternity. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.
There are only a couple of things to remember at this stage.

Firstly. Be patient. It will still probably take you a couple of months before you join; but then I'm sure your friend will tell have told you that.

Secondly. Now you have made up your mind? Stay away from masonic internet sites or anything that may reveal some of the ritual. You will only end up spoiling what is to come ahead. The Initiation ceremony is the greatest day in a masonic life; you'll want to go in there with no preconceived ideas and a clear and open mind.

Finally. Keep in touch. I'd like to know how you're getting on and I'm sure that the rest of the guys here would too.

Good luck!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
TheSeeker, all the best...I am thrilled that you have made this decision.
I too came to ATS believing all the freemasonry gobbledy-gook! Amazing how some intelligent dialogue goes a long way to dispel false ideas.

Darktalon~~good luck to you, too, sir!

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks DTOM, I'm looking foward to the experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join