It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When in doubt be your own judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread is going in circles from religion to theories,

Let's say that I am the skeptic
If indeed I was a disbeliever that there is no way could this never be possible no one in their right mind could claim such a thing. Then out of the blue it will be in the news that our Government has decided to share information on a certain level.
claiming this reason or that as to why it was held back, and that we are not to be alarmed that enough confirmation and studies has come to light about the reality of the ET.
With that much said if I was a disbeliever I would probably still say they are full of crap.
Why cuz... why would they have waited and all these questions could never be answered and I doubt they would ever show classified files to you so now were back to square one.

Regardless what we hear see and think, this ET proof or evidence to show skeptics that there is facts that support an immortal exisistance. I believe in a higher power to me that is the same thing as saying you believe in a Supreme being one who creates. There are millions of possibilities as to how it all came about.... cloning or something similar to that. would it be any difference if say now we have a natural disaster and it wipes out everyone on earth except somehow someone did figure out a way to preserve certain species plants animals just like Noah.... he took these into a different beginning and what I am getting at is this could of happened before him and before that and so on. It is likely to happen again over and over in our future.

Thinking outside the BOX ........

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think the main difference between the "believers" and the "non believers" is FACT vs FAITH.

Believers have FAITH that ET exists, they don't have FACT. FAITH means you cannot prove they exist, but you still believe, which is fine. And there are a whole lot of assumptions thrown in there as well.

Non believers are waiting for FACTUAL proof, which is also fine.

Let's not mistake the two. FAITH is not the same thing as FACT.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I can understand your point of view and admire anyone elses also. In fact it is always a good thing to know how others feel and think. Discussion and debate about facts and faith that pertain to a Scientific based discussion...
Main Entry: scientific method

Function: noun
Date: circa 1810
principles and procedures for the systematic pursuit of knowledge involving the recognition and formulation of a problem, the collection of data through observation and experiment, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, as mentioned above, scientifically is an excellen way to procede. A little known fact however, is that no theory can be proven absolutely to be true. So, if absolute proof is out of the question, one must establish their own standard of proof which they will use in devoloping their belief system. Usually this standard is not consistant, and more extraordinary claims require more extraordinary evidence than mundane claims. When it comes to the paranormal, I choose to proceed with the standard of proof that is "beyond reasonable doubt." This means simply that I only accept a paranormal explanation when there exists no other reasonable explanation, or at least no other explanation is known to me which is reasonable(the other explanation being the thing that allows me to doubt the paranormal one). Also, the paranormal explanation itself has to be reasonable, in the sense that is at least acceptably consistant with my belief system.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Well, as mentioned above, scientifically is an excellen way to procede. A little known fact however, is that no theory can be proven absolutely to be true. So, if absolute proof is out of the question, one must establish their own standard of proof which they will use in devoloping their belief system. Usually this standard is not consistant, and more extraordinary claims require more extraordinary evidence than mundane claims. When it comes to the paranormal, I choose to proceed with the standard of proof that is "beyond reasonable doubt." This means simply that I only accept a paranormal explanation when there exists no other reasonable explanation, or at least no other explanation is known to me which is reasonable(the other explanation being the thing that allows me to doubt the paranormal one). Also, the paranormal explanation itself has to be reasonable, in the sense that is at least acceptably consistant with my belief system.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MONEY & POWER
I admit I change my theories only because I am going with what seems feasible or possible but what started it in the beginning who gave us the technology????? it in fact we have it?????
I absolutely agree for the most of what you claim, One bad thing is the consistency for instance my experience well that was crap no proof just talk of what I saw, in fact if it kept on happening then it may be looked at on a different level. I see what you are saying. That’s what is so weird about all of this (something aint right) and I am beginning to think something really stinks. I have said this before, It could be for our own good what other explanation is there no one else has the capabilities or money to design something like this except for you know who.....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The government is sharing nothing with you.
And never will.

No one seems to have heard of the free energy saucer.
One crucial point was the end of WWII.
Think of all the surrounding mysteries in that event.

Now all of a sudden we have the mystery UFO.
Some say no and some say yes there are UFO craft.

However the ether force UFO craft goes back a few
years before WWII and was developed along with all
modern weapons technology during WWII. The development
needed the war profits to keep going.

Some how elimination of the ether and the ether scientist
did not stop the unknown we now seek. The government
will not share ether secrets.

ED: The ether technology appears to be from Tesla.
ED+: The ether is not paranormal and is real as the Tesla craft.
See one of Tesla's proposal of force at a distance.
We still get Tesla never said his coils made a force but they
do, if arranged correctly, and he said so and they lift the saucer
and propels it at 300 miles per second just like he said.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 2/24/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

new topics

top topics

join