It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts. It's All Real. And here's why....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I first became fascinated with cryptozoology and the paranormal at an early age.
I was tasked with writing my first book report and was in the library searching for a topic and contimplating my impending doom. I was a poor reader and loathed the notion of the grueling process of interpetting lines of mondane text from Judy Blume.
My teacher took me aside and explained to me that not all books are boring, some are actually exciting and interesting. She handed me a book titled, "Nessie. The search for the Loch Ness Monster."

Paradigm shift.

I was hooked. I checked out every book on Bigfoot, Yeti, and Sasquatch. Then there was the flying saucers, the UFOs, the strange lights in the sky.
Ghosts, spirits, hauntings. I quickly became an expert in 4th grade level cryptozoology. I had discovered
science that apparently no one either knew about, or talked about. I watched the news for any mention of the elusive Bigfoot.
The capture of Nessie. The announcement of UFOs landing in the middle of a city. Where was all the news coverage?
I soon became aware that the general public viewed these not in the realm of science, but in that of science fiction.

Was all this fantasy? The reports of highway patrolmen seeing the Yeti? The reports from pilots of
flying discs? The couple on vacation in Scotland seeing Nessie? The reports of paranormal events were
all made up by attention seekers? Was I a fool for falling for nonsense?

I came to the conclusion that only 2 options were possible:
1. The events were real and there was a vast conspiracy to hide the facts.
2. The events were not real but rather forms of mental delusion and mistaken identity on a mass scale.

I was not happy with either of these scenarios. It just doesn't make sense. That's when I began to formulate my theory
that could explain these seemingly real events, sightings, and experiences.

I believe it all has to do with the concept of "Spacetime".

Our current understanding of spacetime is in its infancy at best and scientists today have a very mild grasp on its true nature.
We can only imagine fuzzy pieces of the puzzle from abstract concepts and experiments. Yet we constantly explain away reports
and events of the "paranormal" on the nightly news with a resounding "scientific authority" and ridicule those who ponder its implications or possibility. Is this arrogance, or naivety?
Let's call it stupid and move on.

Taking into account our generally flawed view of the nature of space and time, I believe that the answers to these "mysteries" lay in the concept of "spacetime".
There are no such things as mysteries, only lack of understanding. So everything is possibly understood through science right?
Only if there is sufficient mental capacity. Whether humans want to believe it or not, there are concepts that are beyond our ability to understand.
You can tell a knock knock joke to a cockroach for years, he won't get it.

Most people when asked about the nature of time imagine a timeline, a straight line drawing with point A at the begining, and point B at the end.
They imagine that as time goes by, they travel along this line at a constant speed measured in minutes, seconds, years, etc.
This is the mental equivalent of believing that the nature of love is a line drawing of a heart. Its a mental picture, but in no way represents the true
fantastic and elaborate nature of the truth. Now imagine this same straight timeline in a 3D cube, going right through the middle.
Now imagine an event taking place in the middle of your timeline within the cube. Imagine a ripple from this event as ripples (3 dimensional circles) in a pond, going in all directions in the 3 dimensional space of the cube. The timeline is your viewpoint alone. As you experience the event, you only notice the point of occurrence of the event, because you are moving along at the constant speed measured in seconds, minutes, etc.
Now imagine the cube filled with hundreds of other timelines. As the event ripples ever outwards, it crosses the timelines of many others. If they are in the "right place at the right time" they may pick up on this ripple as it "occurs" to them.

So on to the meat and potatoes.

Sightings of ghosts are real. These are "ripples" from the past that are crossing our timeline.
(In spactime, its all the same thing, only view points of the observer.)

Sightings of Bigfoot are real. These sightings are the same "ripples" as ghost sightings. This is why no one has found the body or remains of a Yeti. Does anyone expect to find the body of a ghost? These are in fact ripples from either very early man, or possibly our relative Gigantopithecus.

Nessie, the elusive Monster of Loch Ness is also a ripple from an early timeline. There won't be any body found, yet sightings will continue.

So what are UFO's? These are ripples from the "future". I think most of these sightings are from the ripples in time, but some are manufactured ripples.
I believe that in the distant future our technology will come to a point of understanding the nature of time and space and the physical manipulation of spacetime.
So if future "earthlings" can manipulate spacetime, why haven't they contacted us currently living in the past?
Because the theory that if you go back in time and kill your great grandfather than you may nullify your very existence may be true, or at least partially true.
I have a feeling that they have contacted certain officials in the past and made clear that any knowledge of the "travelers from the future" must be kept
hidden from the public at all costs. They may have DNA or genetic issues in the future that must be corrected, but that's another theory.

So if the ripple in spacetime theory is true, why don't people report sightings of T-Rex, or other creatures known to have existed?
I believe this anomaly is due to "consciousness". When early man began to evolve (or genetically altered to evolve) he acquired consciousness.
The nature of consciousness seems to be in some way a vessel that can traverse spacetime in some fashion that we do not scientifically understand.
(Thus the invention of religion. Ask a religious figure and they will tell you they have all the answers, just don't ask any scientific questions)

So would Nessie have consciousness? It seems so, in the same way I believe certain other animals have consciousness, (or at least a version of it) such as dolphins.

This general theory of spactime explaining all the debated paranormal events is in no way perfect, it's just the best idea to explain it all that I have been able to come up with.

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
-Socrates

[edit on 14-2-2010 by super70]

[edit on 14-2-2010 by super70]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice Post! Hats off to you for an interesting and novel approach to an explanation of paranormal events. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and appreciate the time you took to share them. Best Wishes, R

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Neat Ideas!!

This happens to be a subject I think about often.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No, those things are not real and you seem to have invented some bizarre notions of "spacetime" and "ripples" in order to validate your belief in things unsupported by actual evidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

We'll never really know for sure, unless we keep asking the questions and searching for answers, while continuing to think outside the norm. Your ideas are very interesting and I enjoyed the read. Not sure exactly what I believe in relation to the big picture, but closed minds don't explore the unknown, right? Keep exploring.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Interesting theory

Thing is I don't think its necessary to bring Space Time into it for these things to exist.

Some UFOs could easily be ET visitations. While many scientists are unsure if life in the Universe is even possible anyone who has seen the Hubble deep field images showing the endless galaxies should KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that life is out there. And given how tenacious life is on Earth (remember those animals living at the bottom of the ocean on volcanic tubes?) and how it can survive hellish conditions it is likely that life could evolve on planets we wouldn't expect it to evolve on. I think we can throw out the New Age stuff that has cropped up around UFOs because most of it isn't scientifically feasible however interstellar travel by advanced lifeforms is feasible.

Bigfoot on the other hand does not even belong in the same sentence as ghosts because bigfoot doesn't have a paranormal bone in his body. Bigfoot is an ape. I cannot understand why science is so opposed to the idea given the recent discoveries that Homo Floresiensis (the so called "hobbit" hominid) lived up until a few thousand years ago (some proof says up until a few hundred) and had language and apparently had to build a raft just to get to where it was. So if a brand new discovered hominid can build a raft and had a language why is it so far-fetched that there could be an intelligent (we don't know how intelligent yet) ape living in North America that might have migrated in via the Bering Strait or even used a raft (again who knows how intelligent they are). Bigfoot is fully within the realm of scientific feasibility.

Ghosts on the other hand are harder to pin down, while I myself have had paranormal experiences I do not know whether they were related to an actual ghost or not. These may actually be ripples in time or the veil between alternate dimensions becoming thin. Honestly with how wild some of the stuff in physics is becoming I wouldn't be surprised if your theory turned out to be right on some levels...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is no reason to believe that the modern scientific concept of spacetime is wrong. Just claiming that people are limited is not a valid argument against the theories and accomplishments of science. Until we have evidence that your theory is better, or that the mainstream theory is wrong, then we are not justified in rejecting the mainstream theory. Which brings me to my main point against your idea. It is interesting, but it is not scientific. In principal real theories must be falsifiable; there must be some way at least in principal to disconfirm it. However, for your theory, it does not seem possible even in principal to disprove it. You are postulating the existance of entities which leave no evidence behind, and which operate within a theoretic framework for which there is no evidence. No evidence means no reason to believe; so there is no reason to believe any of what you have said.

If we can only explain paranormal phenomena by rejecting the scientifically supported worldview, and instead adopting one that we just make up in our spare time based on no evidence, we ought to ask ourselves, "why go to such lengths to explain paranormal phenomena, when all of the evidence suggests that they don't actually exist?" I'm not saying there is no evidence for UFO's or ghosts or bigfoot or whatever, but this theory that you have come up with doesn't require there to be. It provides a free pass to be justified in believing in anything, and not requiring evidence for anything. All because of some loop hole in space time that you just made up. This is not a productive, responsible, or acceptable way of thinking.

I'm as entertained as the next guy by pop metaphysics discussions on internet forums, but when it comes to actually successfully navigating reality, it is pretty hard to reject the scientific worldview on a whim. Evidence is the reason to believe things, and without evidence, there is no reason to believe.

"I don't want to believe, I want to know." - Carl Sagan

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would like to add or clarify a few points. I am of course still open to the notion that Yeti is still living among us. My issue with his existence lays in the fact that no body has been produced, which makes the case very troubling.

Also, I am a firm believer in UFO's. I would like to point out a scenario that combines my spacetime theory and the traditional belief that they are visiters from outside our solar system, or from another demension.

Would it not be plausible that eventually our scientific and technical knowledge would enable the manipulation of space and time. It would also make sense that we would as a race "branch out" into the universe, not only for scientific knowledge but for our very survival. We will eventually inhabit many habitable planets, as well as manmade planet-like super-stations much like the "Deathstar", only hopefully a little less evil. From these outer reaches of the universe in the distant future, we would most certainly visit our own past on Earth, to collect samples such as "clean DNA", study early mankind, and of course buzz trailer parks and zap cows for fun.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

"why go to such lengths to explain paranormal phenomena, when all of the evidence suggests that they don't actually exist?"

I couldn't disagree more. You are basing your hypothesis on the assumption that we clever human beings have a handy-dandy scientific tool for measuring and thus verifying or denying everything imaginable. We do not my friend.

You cannot test paranormal phenomena with blinking lights and dowsing rods.
This is the equivalent of trying to pick up a high definition TV signal with a coconut. These occurrences are happening on a level beyond what we can test, or even know where to begin to test.

To claim definitively that it either is, or is not without so much as a clue to what is actually happening is ignorance defined. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

I'm not claiming that there is or is not. I am saying that without evidence, there is no reason to believe. Why believe in something tha there is no evidence for? There is no reason to go out on a limb and decide that these phenomena are beyond evidence. Why even do that? Without a clue as to what is actually happening, I have no reason to think that anything is happening at all.

I do believe in some paranormal phenomena. I just think that this theory of yours provides the basis for a belief system that not useful for differentiating reality from fantasy.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70

"why go to such lengths to explain paranormal phenomena, when all of the evidence suggests that they don't actually exist?"

I couldn't disagree more. You are basing your hypothesis on the assumption that we clever human beings have a handy-dandy scientific tool for measuring and thus verifying or denying everything imaginable. We do not my friend.

Yes we do. The scientific method has managed to dislodge the human mind from stone aged thinking with a remarkable degree of consistency.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think your concept of spacetime belies an erroneous geocentric approach to the universe.

Because the earth is rotating around the sun, the sun is rotating around the galactic core, and the galaxy is moving as part of the Virgo Supercluster, time travel alone won't cut it. For example, if you were to travel back 10 years in time you would find yourself floating in deep space.

The ripples you're conjecturing about would have to maintain all of the rotational, directional, and other complex velocities and vectors that the earth is subject to all the time.

Anything is possible I guess, but I somehow don't think that something this elaborate is happening.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Yes we do. The scientific method has managed to dislodge the human mind from stone aged thinking with a remarkable degree of consistency.

Well hang on there. If you think humans have everything figured out right now, you're the craziest person on this website.

What I think you're saying, and if you are I agree, is that the scientific model explains a lot of things we see in the world around us.

If we are to change our concept of how something works to accommodate something like spacetime ripples, the new model/theory needs to explain everything else at least as well as the current model does, PLUS explain the new data. It can't just explain the new data and not worry about the rest.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by ImplausibleDeniability]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Well hang on there. If you think humans have everything figured out right now, you're the craziest person on this website.

I have never claimed any such thing. But, I'm not going to entertain someone's bizarre notion of "spacetime" and "ripples" so that they can believe in bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster in the absence of actual evidence. Nor will I subscribe to super70s view that we are somehow too unintuitive and unevolved to the point that we have no method whatsoever of reasonably excluding such implausible notions. For a website that purports to deny ignorance I sure do see an abundance of it here.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I would like to add or clarify a few points. I am of course still open to the notion that Yeti is still living among us. My issue with his existence lays in the fact that no body has been produced, which makes the case very troubling.

I mentioned in my post several discoveries of new species, including the hominid Homo Floresiensis which lived up until a few thousand years ago (some believe they survived up until a few hundred) and was the source of a myth amongst the people of Flores. So these things can exist right under our noses without remains especially in the case of Bigfoot. The forest ecosystems here in North America are good at quick decomposition of anything that dies out in the woods. There was an episode of Monster Quest where they left a deer carcass out and within a week it was all but unidentifiable so within about a month the bones are scattered and difficult to identify unless you are a wildlife expert. And that's just with something common like a deer... plus how many people go out into the wild just searching for bones to identify...

Also, this is likely a hominid who is fairly intelligent meaning they could bury their dead.

So to recap:

UFOs could tie into spacetime.

Ghosts too.

But Bigfoot is feasible without making any changes to our knowledge of the cosmos

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Nice post!

I've read before of the possibility of ufo's being from the future which
is a really interesting theory, just think, if we could travel back in time today would we do it? i think the answers a big fat yes!

Maybe its both, ET's and visitors from the future?
With different shaped crafts being reported as "disc shaped" "cigar shaped"
and of course "triangle shaped" who knows who they belong to!?

anything is possible....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
i enjoyed your post sir.
very well written and thought provoking, certainly a interesting theory

allthough bigfoot doesn´t spark my interest and neither do ghosts. (actually i have a little confession to make; the ghost phenomonon scares me and i don't want it to be something real:lol

UFO's and (possible) aliëns do spark my interest, that being said, i once more have to give you credit for this post...
i liked it

take care

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

well, nessie more probably is based on something very real

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No, those things are not real and you seem to have invented some bizarre notions of "spacetime" and "ripples" in order to validate your belief in things unsupported by actual evidence.

People like this really bother me. Statements like this really bother me. For someone to say unequivocally that there is no other life in the universe is the same as saying that

"In a million acre apple orchid only one apple has grown on a single tree"

The whole idea of not believing there is other intelligent life out there is just ridiculous. It's beyond ridiculous. It's delusional.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join