The Modern Art Idiocy

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I call it:

The existentialism of pain and rebirth in an uncaring world of Jungian archetypes and Freudian symbolism

/me bows.

I totally see it, man. Love it, love it.
And that motto - Societ'y is the blood of potatoes (love the cleverly subversive reinterpretation of the apostrophe!) - is going on my fridge.
(Where the distilled essence of the collective experience belongs.)

:-)

edit on 10-11-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

so, what does make it art?

the use of your favorite color?

Really, SM, you of all people ask this?
It's the intention. Intention makes art art.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I know you're probably not fishing for opinions, but for what it's worth, I actually like your painting very much.
I can tell that I like by the way I keep returning to it and observing it.

Interestingly, if I had seen it in a gallery I would have sworn it was the work of a certain European painter.
(I am not telling who.)

There is a vulnerability and relative lack of pretension there that I love.

I have spoken.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
@masqua

I like it. Not because it's pretty or captures the essence of a therianthropic being springing from the head of a besotted creator, but because it is obviously spontaneous. Thick paint mixed on the panel itself? Bravo.

Thanks man, yea I believe I painted it in one day, probably about 6 hours or so...and yea I was just working solely with thick acrylics (don't think I could afford oils at the time) Cheers!

@Vanitas

I know you're probably not fishing for opinions, but for what it's worth, I actually like your painting very much. I can tell that I like by the way I keep returning to it and observing it. Interestingly, if I had seen it in a gallery I would have sworn it was the work of a certain European painter. (I am not telling who.) There is a vulnerability and relative lack of pretension there that I love. I have spoken.

Thanks! It's always cool to hear others opinions on your art (good and bad), and I have quite a bit of influence from many, many artists throughout the years...but mostly when I paint I just stare at the blank canvas and then go to town with the paints and just let go
peace...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
nobody know concept of art, so do not even think about it. only enjoy it! found a web doing the photo into oil painting. web [gratuitous weblink removed]
edit on 3/22/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [gratuitous weblink removed]

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Personally to me art like this being considered so highly is proof that even the rich, and powerful [lower rung] are gullible , and easily deceived sheep. I wouldn't be s uprised if some kind of commission sat around a table together and decided which way to go with art, and decided to foist this # on the gullible, masses. Very likely the same group who degraded tv music, and everything else we consume with such relish, if in fact such a group exists. K here comes a bomb and im ready for the poop flinging, but I think even Picasso, and van gogh is a bunch of cow dung. *ducks*

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3nw0x1ng
K here comes a bomb and im ready for the poop flinging, but I think even Picasso, and van gogh is a bunch of cow dung. *ducks*

Why do you think that?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Since van Gogh is quite likely one of the most popular, if not the original, modernist painters, I'm guessing that they reject everything from his work on. If one is to reject modern art, it would include van Gogh.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well then again I am surely no connoisseur of art , considering that my favorite medium in art includes manga/manwha/manhwa
. Realistically I just find the classic church/masonic roof kind of art to anything else. Especially paintings that look like finger painting with excrement or crayolas.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by R3nw0x1ng

I'm partial to anything created by the artists of primitive cultures myself. In fact, if it precedes the art of Rome or Athens, it's liable to be a great source of inspiration to me.

Just like Picasso...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Art saves lives...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think that art like other aspect of society reflects our group mentality, there are plenty of other examples of ideas that get, from a point of a minority, undue attention of commitment.

Art is ultimately on the eye of the beholder, I think that public fundings should not be wasted in contemporaneous art at exorbitant prices beyond that my view is that everyone should be able to do as it pleases if it does not affect the freedom of others, animal rights and undue damages to environment (losses greater than the benefits).

I also confess that I like the first painting and get some intellectual kick from the fountain project but would not buy it nor pay more than the cost of the material and some gratification for the work. As for Picasso work I also like the esthetics's (not of all works) but to fully appreciate it one needs to get some background in art history, geometry and think a bit about the subject matter being displayed (I would not pay a little fraction of the value they have on the market unless to make a profit)...

I also support the view that much is done to covertly move money about, I do not see a point today in personally owning physical art but I see a value in supporting artists especially those that demonstrate good craftsmanship or excellency (doing something innovative and generally regarded as beautiful that could not be easily reproduced by another person).

Did anyone see the documentary about a city in China that is specially dedicated in reproducing great masters ?
China's Art Factories: Van Gogh From the Sweatshop

Beyond the duration of the copyright creative work (art) loses much of its value and quickly becomes a simple antique and collectors item. This is why corporations and foundations push for the extension of copyright, they are in fact robbing us all as copyright is a right that the commons grant to creators in trade for future access to new work.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Dude! Great Post!
I blame it all on that BS artist named Picasso.
The guy could not draw a fly if his life depended on it.
I am probably wrong, but I tend to think that the only people who find "modern" art to be good, are the ones who can't create realistic art. In other words only the people who cannot draw and paint make a big deal out of crappy art.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

There's always Instagrams for 'realistic art'.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
I blame it all on that BS artist named Picasso.
The guy could not draw a fly if his life depended on it.

He could, he just didn't want to.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sky thank you for taking us away from all the idiocy for just a moment. To ponder some more idiocy.

I agree with you and don't see anything you could be missing. I think it is not so much the art. As it is the
bloodline of the artist. The rich will always favor the rich. While the true prodigy is ignored.

Lets compare shall we ?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you implying that those corny paintings are the work of a prodigy?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by randyvs

Are you implying that those corny paintings are the work of a prodigy?

Oh you can do better ? Right ? I'm from Mo. So show me.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Oh you can do better ?

I didn't say I can, and my abilities are irrelevant when we are discussing someone else's abilities.

Right ?

Wrong.

I'm from Mo. So show me.

Nothing to show, as I didn't make any claims about my abilities.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wish I had time to read through the entire thread.

I started getting serious about selling my art a few years ago. Something about turning forty and wondering if I had ever really challenged myself to look deep within and find out what I was capable of. But enough about my mini-midlife crisis

This is a tough business, not for sissies. You have to have tough skin to make it unless you are fortunate enough to have serious connections to people who have money to burn and are willing to spend it on you. I was too fearful of failing for the longest time and that does nothing but hold you back. I was fortunate to have support from my family and friends, but alas, it does not pay the bills. Since my business is dependent on blind juries, that complicates the situation even more. There are days when it feels like work, but most of the time I just feel incredibly lucky to be able to do what I do.

The beauty of art does lie in the beholder. I may not like all art, but I can appreciate skill and technique even if it is not my cup of tea. I always ask people if everyone liked the same food or music or film, and how boring would the world be if everyone had the same taste, well, in everything?

I also enjoy being around other artists. I have never felt like I have fit in with a group more than with my artist friends, they get me, and I don't have the filter on in my head so much.

new topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join