It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Really Was King Solomon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The information on that site is simply wrong, with no historical basis whatsoever.

King Solomon was far ahead of his time. Jewish scholars and researchers with the Masonic Order have thousands of years' information on this great man.

That website is one more example of how someone can make any unsubstantiated declaration and have it seem true. I spent a great deal of time researching nearly every statement therein. They have no worthwhile sources to backup the negative statements, although the writer has included some truths for believability.

Here's a site that I consider more solid. www.aish.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The information on that site is simply wrong, with no historical basis whatsoever.

King Solomon was far ahead of his time. Jewish scholars and researchers with the Masonic Order have thousands of years' information on this great man.

That website is one more example of how someone can make any unsubstantiated declaration and have it seem true. I spent a great deal of time researching nearly every statement therein. They have no worthwhile sources to backup the negative statements, although the writer has included some truths for believability.

Here's a site that I consider more solid. www.aish.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012

Thank you for expressing your viewpoint, as well as giving a link with additional info to further your claim. I appreciate it and will be studying that link as well. As I said earlier, this is all about looking at every angle

TS

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Trust no one.

You link goes back to the linking of Solomon into the christians believe and the bible, I like the links that the other have post about Solomon better it gives a more broad aproach to the myth of his existence.

I believe that the born in blood refers to born again into the same group of believes or family group due to relations as unions.
I may be mistaken but it make more sense

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm afraid you're incorrect in your belief about what "Born in Blood" means. First of all, it's the name of a book about the origins in Freemasonry. I would reccomend that anyone who wishes to become a Mason not read this book, because it talks a lot about Masonic rituals, and it may "ruin" the experience of initiation for you.

That said, I don't think it's a bad book. It's much more well-researched than "The Hiram Key" or HBHG, or anything along those lines. Nonetheless, I feel the book does reach at points. If you want to read something really good by the same author, I'd read "The Pilrgim's Path," in which, I feel, he's scrupulously careful to make sense and take things one step at a time.

As for King Solomon, let's remember that Masonic Rituals are symbolic... the things described in them did not necessarily happen, and they may be in the ritual to symbolise something else. I'm sure King Solomon was a great man, but let's make sure that the sources of information we use to find out about him are credible.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I was just guessing, I am going to take your word and get this book I am an avid reader and I read any book on an objective matter rather than subjective. This thread started shaky but now is getting very good as a source of information, I will like to learn more about shiba. This link perhaps have a littler on the matter, who knows Shiba was from Ethiopia and who is said that she was the one to bring the beliefs in magic to Solomon
www.tps.dpi.state.nc.us...

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's what I think is a good link on the Queen of Sheba. The link makes it obvious that this Lady was an exotic Queen of great intelligence and accomplishment, who came to see Solomon because of his wisdom. He amazed her with his abilities, and she converted to Monotheism. Also, the link makes note of the fact that she was most definitely black-skinned. Unfortunately, the link implies Solomon was "white," which I think cannot be true unless you consider the other people of the Southern Mediterranian (such as the Lebanese or Syrians to be white). This is the whole problem with "racial" distinctions... at what point do you realise that it's all just silliness?

Anyway, you can read about the Queen of Sheba in I Kings Chapter 10 and II Chronicles Chapter 9 in the Bible, or starting at about 27:22 or so in the Quran.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the link and you are right the people in the middle east was not white as compared to our understanding of races now a days.

For some reason some african queens were portrayed as white.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There's a problem of timeframe here regarding Solomon, the Kabbalah and the works connected with Solomon's name. Considering Solomon is supposed to have lived from 848-796 BCE, and the Kabbalistic text Sepher Yetzirah was not written until 70 CE at the earliest, it's hard to substantiate Solomon's connection to Kabbalah. The main body of Jewish mysticism which heavily influenced Kabbalistic thought actually dates between 100-1000 CE, and the name "Kabbalah" didn't exist until the 12th Century CE.

As to the alleged Keys of Solomon, the earliest reference to magical practices associated with Solomon is in Josephus. There he talks about a magical ring. There are medieval references to documents (in a pamphlet dated 1456) called "Clavicula Salomonis" ("Key of Solomon") and "Sigillum Salomonis" ("Seal of Solomon"). According to MacGregor Mathers' introduction to "The Key of Solomon the King" (from which the information in this paragraph is taken since it's the closest thing I have at hand), there were other books attributed to Solomon, including two black magic grimoires. At any rate, the Clavicula Salomonis and another easily found text, the Lemegeton, are so full of alchemical references and very Western phraseology (lots of "thee"s and "thou"s) that it's impossible to ascertain any real connection with King Solomon. IMHO, of course.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very good information, I think I am going to spend sometime on book store this week.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Like I said earlier, it has all to do which astrological doctrine you follow, or best of it all, just a good connection and great love for divine invention. Look at the sky, loose the bonds in your mind, see the true story. Where knights come riding from far away, how the Earth can save and give shelter and so on. Seen from the Earth the 30 year cycle of the planet they call Saturn makes a hexagonal pattern on the Earth horizon and in the Mazzaroth. Looks like I said Jupiter back, but I meant Saturn. Must have mixed them up. Saturn is called the Star of David and Jupiter is called the Kingstar or something like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
And as for your Masonic link with Solomon, I would guess Solomons doctrines would be popular reads with many masons, but like there is horse and horse, there is also Solomon and Solomon. Hey, there's even Salmon and Shalom On.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The only really wise advise I could give anyone in the matters of the socalled secrets of Solomon etc. is Stay away from it. It's powerful stuff, and it seems to breed on your own life energy. I know people who have made some of the stuff work. They sure wish they hadn't dealt with it. Powerful stuff. You just don't open channels you can't close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join