It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom and its Intrinsic Connection to Mental Development.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Expansion of the mind and metal awareness seem to be very intrinsic to the nature of the mind particularly for those who pursue truth and a betterment of themselves both spiritually and intellectually.

It is this pursuit and the fruit of such an undertaking ie expansion of the mind, that many beliefs are attached to. Beliefs very close and important to the individual.

However I for one have noticed that is a very serious lack of this 'something' in everyday life something that holds back a sense of happiness and discovery and brings about the rebel, soldier or lover in us. Know what I am getting at?

I am starting to form the opinion that it is fear of performing certain acts that psychologically prevent us from realising the above. And creating that 'something' I speak of. How can we connect with something greater than ourselves unless we are reckless and free. Surely to do so requires that we break down a sterile habitual life made of few 'new' acts whether performed by you or others around you.

Do you see what I am getting at here?

When was the last time something really got your attention and made you smile?

So for me this something that will further expand my mind is the freedom to be reckless and free and to pursue that which I want to pursue. Which for me is I want to find the truth to freedom! The fact that the simple act of being reckless and free in modern society is not a way paved out in modern society raises alarm bells. For how can the mind properly breath and expand unless there is provision for a sense of experimentation. It is allowed in science yet for the most part we prevent or restrict many acts of freedom acts which may lead to a greater insight into the nature of what is! For me this act of prevention or wall is odd.

What is often misunderstood is that experimentation is not exclusive to that which we observe, it is also to do with thought and 'action in a free environment or medium'. Think about it what is going on with virtual worlds at the moment? The reason they are so popular is because the games provide us with a sense of that which we crave but don't yet fully understand, aka freedom.

Sadly, we have lost our sense of possibility and faith in the mind and heart. We are conscious which is a miracle, we are intelligent which is a miracle we are free maybe that is the miracle we seek also but just haven't come to accept it yet!

Imagine we are in a game, have we experimented with such a thought? The answer is surely no or we would know about it by now? And remember experimentation of thought and the acting out of those thoughts are not the same! The later is much greater than the former!

You might ask then why hasn't anyone tested this particular theory for example? It is an example of a simple metaphysical and philosophical question which I in particular would like answered, so why has the theory not been put to the test? Does anyone have any ideas as to how one would test such a theory. Isn't it right that we are free to pursue an important question to our growth and share the outcome if it is beneficial to all?

What I worry about is that in just this one example society may have built a brick wall in front of truly mind expanding thought and experiment. Assuming you agree with me that is.

Who is to blame for such a wall and do we knock it down or work around it? How do you work around a wall? Do we continue to build others or stop and reflect whether such walls really are in our best interests!? Do we need someone to blame when realisation and action are enough. Surely blame is an afterthought. There's that word again 'action' how do we act to break down a wall that we know inhibits many good and progressive acts. Indeed perhaps as a result of the delay in not moving forward (and expanding out minds) we are losing the very sight of those progressive ideals, beliefs, freedoms, acts and finally experiments of thought that expand the mind and incidentaly leads to 'something' happening or real knowledge aquired that adds to the value of your life and sense of well-being in a way you've never referenced before. The altered mindset of which might even filter through into the mainstream and actually directly improve the lives and sense of well-being of many others

So my question to you (and please think hard about it) is this. What expands your mind normally and what information or act would expand your mind to another level? If you see any obstacles to such an action of discovery it would be great if you could explain them in simple terms especially how that makes you feel as an adventurer seeking the best from life and beyond. Which lets face it is what many of us want?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
for me its meditation meditation meditation, it is here when we go within we gain our knowledge of the purest forms, giving us infomation it is on this information that expands our awareness and creates growth and on it goes so meditation, meditation.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

Yes meditation can provide many answers but I often feel that one is remembered and more satisfied (after reviewing ones life after death) if they actually lived as though they were free. Consequently because we are not free (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise) I feel we are missing the opportunity to bring out the best in people!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
So my question to you (and please think hard about it) is this. What expands your mind normally and what information or act would expand your mind to another level? If you see any obstacles to such an action of discovery it would be great if you could explain them in simple terms especially how that makes you feel as an adventurer seeking the best from life and beyond. Which lets face it is what many of us want?

To answer this question, i will start by saying that one needs to discover that the physical experience is one of manipulation. To expand the mind to higher levels of awareness and consciousness, humans needs to be free from any form of influence or manipulation within the mind, which includes the memory of the human race. Unfortunately, most humans live according to the past, and base their entire existence on that past.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
To answer this question, i will start by saying that one needs to discover that the physical experience is one of manipulation. To expand the mind to higher levels of awareness and consciousness, humans needs to be free from any form of influence or manipulation within the mind, which includes the memory of the human race. Unfortunately, most humans live according to the past, and base their entire existence on that past.

Well thought out if you don't mind me saying.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It doesn't help that the educational system is too busy teaching kids what to think instead of how to think for themselves.

Alot of valuable experience comes from being able to fail,to fall and get hurt and learn how to try again.

By sparing children any kind of hurt,it isn't helping them at all to learn what they are really capable of overcoming.

top topics

join