It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*RAW* Suspect Suicide Bomber Killed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People on this forum need to remember one thing. Terrorists kill innocent people.

They kill everyone.....Western, Muslim, it doesn't matter. This country is full of people that would kill for the sheer fact that they think it will please their God.

Anyone who has to defend this fact and attack the "ruthless" Americans needs to remember that. These Soldiers aren't the same as the people like the one shot down here.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

I am ashamed that these soldiers and their forefathers (think Vietnam) suffered horrendously at your, and people like you, hands. That they were spit on, beat up, humiliated all because you people are incompetent! Because you people are uneducated and only receive their information fromt he mainstream media! you are unable to think for yourself!

No, those men (and women) suffered because of lies and arrogance. You think protesters were spraying soldiers with agent orange? You think it was nay-sayers who demanded continued U.S. presence even though it was painfully obvious the war could not be won? And for what? Vietnam trades with us now, the whole of Asia did not fall to communism because of Vietnam. None of the things proclaimed came to pass. You can't blame the media for that. It was sheer stupidity and thousands died for it.

As for this video-I heard warning shots and I saw an explosion come from the guy. I can't fault these soldiers for what they did. But, intellectually I can't deny what some others have said-The definition of a terrorist is greatly dependent on your point of view. From the point of view of many in Afghanistan it would be Americans who are terrorists. It is certainly not a justification for anyone's actions. It's a reality.

People on this forum need to remember one thing. Terrorists kill innocent people.

Innocence is subjective. As Ritter quipped to Ryan: "The world is grey Jack, the world is grey."

[edit on 14-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Was he a suicide bomber or an innocent bystander? Either way the only thing that video did was to recruit a hundred new insurgents for us to fight.
Just think of how the insurgents are playing this for all they can.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Three pages of people arguing over a bomber being shot. The IQ level of ATS is amazing. The man HAD AN EXPLOSIVE DEVICE ON HIM that would of EASILY maimed a soldier, civilian, cop, child etc...and some of you ACTUALLY OVERLOOKED IT....

My god some on ATS have lost their minds....the man went there with ILL intentions and died as a result...solution...DON'T strap an improvised explosive to your body and walk up on the US and IRAQI forces and NOT listen to simple commands and ignore NUMEROUS warning shots....

P.S. yeah i wish the war was over and we would come home too...but this kind of kill is ABOVE acceptable. IMO

[edit on 2/14/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

They shouldn't be there in the first place. I feel no remorse for dead American soldiers; I'm not brainwashed. And don't give me "I don't support the war but I support our troops" BS They are invading another country... they are in error.. and they should be dealt with by the inhabitants. Remember, if another country invaded america, we would be their terrorists.
reply to post by The_Zomar

You have the God Given right to say dumb s**t like that because these soldiers died "invading" France and Japan and Germany you ungrateful waste of skin.

There is a moral equivalent between Nazi Germany and the U.S?

You are....not worth getting ejected by the mods.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

As for this video-I heard warning shots and I saw an explosion come from the guy. I can't fault these soldiers for what they did. But, intellectually I can't deny what some others have said-The definition of a terrorist is greatly dependent on your point of view. From the point of view of many in Afghanistan it would be Americans who are terrorists. It is certainly not a justification for anyone's actions. It's a reality.

So you see a moral equivalency between the American soldiers and the human excrement that starps bombs to mentally disabled women?
Between the hairbags that did 9/11 and the soldiers that took Iwo Jima?

You are sad...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

So you see a moral equivalency between the American soldiers and the human excrement that starps bombs to mentally disabled women?
Between the hairbags that did 9/11 and the soldiers that took Iwo Jima?

You are sad...

I'm guessing you are unable to wrap your head around intellectual discussion?

Let's take for example the IRA-To the British they are terrorists, to certain residents of North Ireland, they were freedom fighters. Once again, terrorism is largely a matter of perception. Which side of the fence you happened to be standing on at some point in time. If you were some dirt poor goat farmer in Afghanistan, I'd say you would probably have a very different view of this world and the wars being waged in it. This is not saying terrorism is somehow ok. this is dealing with reality. Other people view events on this planet in a different light. You can either accept this reality or keep believing you alone are the sole arbitrator of truth on this planet.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What's the point of suicide bombing? I mean throw a bomb and pull it with a string or something or wait for the target to walk up to some junk laying on the street then KER-BLOOEY!

I saw a site (rense.com) after googling in 'whats the point of suicide bombing' and it talks about suicide bombings and if much of it is a myth designed to make Muslims look stupid or crazy.

Rense.com link

I'd have to agree- either they're stupid or crazy or are too eager to enter Paradise, what's true is that suicide bombing is an dumb tactic.

If your country was invaded by invaders- would you want to kill yourself all at once attacking them- or would you want to keep alive as long as possible to inflict the greatest casualties on the enemy?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

If your country was invaded by invaders- would you want to kill yourself all at once attacking them- or would you want to keep alive as long as possible to inflict the greatest casualties on the enemy?

"Terrorism" is simply a weapon of poverty. If these people had access to the same weapons the U.S. Military does I'm quite sure you wouldn't see suicide bombing. As it stands there is plenty of conventional fighting. It's not like they are sending wave after wave of suicide bombers.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
They shouldn't be there in the first place. I feel no remorse for dead American soldiers; I'm not brainwashed. And don't give me "I don't support the war but I support our troops" BS They are invading another country... they are in error.. and they should be dealt with by the inhabitants. Remember, if another country invaded america, we would be their terrorists.

Wow I am angered that you are an American. "I feel no remorse for dead American soldiers" you have no soul. Seriously leave America right now you have no right to be here. I really think someone should report you to the FBI for that statement because that it outright disgusting that you said that.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by tempesillest]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Unfortunately idiots like that have the right to say things like that, based on the sacrifices of the same soldiers they despise. I do agree though, they should renounce their citizenship and move the apologistic ass out.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
First off after watching this video I was fairly ammused. I served three tours in Iraq in the Marines. This man was clearly not acting normal and he was waiting for his chance for one of the solders to get close enough to him to detonate what I believe was a grenade. I was a 0351 in the Marines its basicaly a tank killer with squad based demolitions c-4 comp-b and so on. Alot of the Iraqi stuff they use is old and craptacular, I believe that was a failed grenade explotion on the man. Looked to me like the blasting cap inside the grenade went off,(but not the actual charge) which is enough to take off your hand and possibly half your arm. If it would have went off properly then man would have been killed instantly if not less than that. and anyone within a 10 meter radius would have had heavy shrapnel in them.

This doesnt suprize me much. Per ROE's rules of engagement we (Marines) im sure Army is difernt in some ways. Cannot fire warning shots. There was no hostile intent until that explosion happend unless one of the solders could see it on him. If that be the case then its a green light to drop him were he stands. Just my two cents anyhow

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The shocking part of this video is the patience of the soldiers, the warning shots, and the fact they shot him in the leg first. They finished him off so he can go copulate with the imaginary virgins in the imaginary heaven with the imaginary Allah he was willing to kill for.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Let's take for example the IRA-To the British they are terrorists, to certain residents of North Ireland, they were freedom fighters. Once again, terrorism is largely a matter of perception. Which side of the fence you happened to be standing on at some point in time. If you were some dirt poor goat farmer in Afghanistan, I'd say you would probably have a very different view of this world and the wars being waged in it. This is not saying terrorism is somehow ok. this is dealing with reality. Other people view events on this planet in a different light. You can either accept this reality or keep believing you alone are the sole arbitrator of truth on this planet.

So because they see things differently we need to appreciate it?

You are a moral black hole. Somalis sects see forced female circumcision as correct. Iranian men see female rape before execution as correct.

I understand that they do not see their actions as evil. That does not excuse their actions. You are.

Evil is evil. Good is good.

Blowing up civilians with nail bombs is evil. And an apologist for evil is evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think all you have to do on A.T.S. now is post an anti-American thread or response and you will get more stars and flags than you could ever ask for. I mean Jesus what is the average age of posters on this site? I have seen quite a bit of history in my short life(37) and America and it's allies have usually done the best they could. Lot of monday morning quarterbacks. Never mind,go Hugo, go Mahmoud, and don't forget Kim,his starving people love him. Gee, hope I made some freinds
Whatever!!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
I mean Jesus what is the average age of posters on this site? I have seen quite a bit of history in my short life(37) and America and it's allies have usually done the best they could. Lot of monday morning quarterbacks.

ATS now has a lot of college aged, VERY uniformed, VERY inexperianced, members who chim in. The OP likes to have fun with such a crowd and I star him because he is smart enough to know the fools far for it almost EVERYTIME...

Those who have been around and do know whats going on in the world tend to stay on point, actually pay attention to videos, do research, and post solid debates....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Thanks for your well thought reply. And a star for you. It's only fair

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by antonia

So because they see things differently we need to appreciate it?

You are a moral black hole. Somalis sects see forced female circumcision as correct. Iranian men see female rape before execution as correct.

I understand that they do not see their actions as evil. That does not excuse their actions. You are.

Evil is evil. Good is good.

Blowing up civilians with nail bombs is evil. And an apologist for evil is evil.

You can't read can you? I said terrorism was wrong, just as I think dropping DU on Afghans is wrong. If you can't face the reality that there are people who do not see these things as wrong you will forever be ill prepared to deal with the rest of the world. That's just life.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What we see in this video is a battle between inferior and superior forces. Why are you crying? If you want to help then go join the fight. You are free to choose a side and jump into the action. Do it. Or stay quiet and observe.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warmunger2525
First off after watching this video I was fairly ammused. I served three tours in Iraq in the Marines. This man was clearly not acting normal and he was waiting for his chance for one of the solders to get close enough to him to detonate what I believe was a grenade. I was a 0351 in the Marines its basicaly a tank killer with squad based demolitions c-4 comp-b and so on. Alot of the Iraqi stuff they use is old and craptacular, I believe that was a failed grenade explotion on the man. Looked to me like the blasting cap inside the grenade went off,(but not the actual charge) which is enough to take off your hand and possibly half your arm. If it would have went off properly then man would have been killed instantly if not less than that. and anyone within a 10 meter radius would have had heavy shrapnel in them.

This doesnt suprize me much. Per ROE's rules of engagement we (Marines) im sure Army is difernt in some ways. Cannot fire warning shots. There was no hostile intent until that explosion happend unless one of the solders could see it on him. If that be the case then its a green light to drop him were he stands. Just my two cents anyhow

I have to agree as a veteran and a blaster(mining) but i believe that the blast was a little more then just a blasting cap.
many improvised.home made explosives need a booster charge between the cap and the main charge.
ANFO TNT and some other like chlorate explosives need a booster.
By the size and color of the smoke i believe just the blasting cap and a small PETN booster went off.
There would have been almost no smoke from just a blasting cap as they use the same material as a car air bag(Sodium Azide (NaN3)
Put PETN goes with black smoke.
www.statemaster.com...
www.youtube.com...

As for filming it the troops filmed it for the same reason a lot of police department have installed camera in there patrol cars
not for amusement but to CYA in case some one claimed it was unnecessary later.
in this case the film tell it all they gave him plenty of time to give up.

As for shooting him in the legs that was to disable him without setting off any explosives strapped around his body not because they were trying to keep him alive.

You don't shoot some one that may be wearing a suicide vest in the chest.
unless you are in a tank or were any shrapnel can not get to you.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ANNED]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join