It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*RAW* Suspect Suicide Bomber Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

That is a warcrime right there. They even recorded for their own amusement!!

*Staff Edit - Changed Title To Same As Source

[edit on 2/14/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Things get confusing over there, but that was unneccesary.

Imagine if you will, foreign troops near your families house.

We ALL have a Father, a Uncle , someone who would confront the

Liberating Force to yell , what they are doing is wrong.

Imagine a US citizen, gunned down like a dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flame away guys , I know you will justify this.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

deltaboy, thanks for posting that video...

I am absolutely embarrassed to call myself an American...

That was really hard to watch....

To think that the U.S.A. would invade a sovereign country and commit genocide on those people is disheartening to say the least....

Whatever bad KARMA that is bestowed upon the U.S. military will be very welcome and very deserved if you ask me...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I heard 6 warning shots before he was gunned down. I heard them say, "shoot him in the leg and bring him down". I also heard them say, "watch your line of fire".

Whatever this man was ranting about in the street and even granting that there may be a language barrier, I think it's universally understood that when people start firing guns at you, you don't keep advancing toward them.

And was that a gun that flew out of his hand when he fell?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

...commit genocide...

Genocide? You think that's the reason they shot him? Are you aware he exploded something at 3:30 in the video...?

What were they supposed to do? Walk up to him, have a chat, then be hit by an explosive?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Explanation: I highly recommend that the OP'er add "WARNING GRAPHIC Video" to the threads Title and also to their OP, so that fellow members are made fully aware of the videos EXPLICIT nature before the start clicking links ect.
I wouldn't want to see this thread closed due to a breach of ATS T&C's OK!

This is a very basic summary of what I saw!

Man is shot once at 3mins 05sec [he drops but is still alive]
Man is seriously dropped while immobile but sitting up [2 quick shots] at 3mins 27sec
Mans Right hip appears to explode [small explosion] at 3mins 30sec
Man is still Alive

Man is shot and killed at 3mins 55sec [3 shots from 2 shooters]

Personal Disclosure:
Although the explosion was small and ultimately non lethal [the guy was alive after whatever it was on his right hip that detonated], that he was rigged with an explosive and wasn't defusing the tense situation with his own actions leads me to assess that yes, he was a failed suicide bomber!
They gave him heaps of chances! I see no war crime!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Whatever this man was ranting about in the street and even granting that there may be a language barrier, I think it's universally understood that when people start firing guns at you, you don't keep advancing toward them.

And was that a gun that flew out of his hand when he fell?

Are you freakin' serious...??..?.

That man is in his homeland being bullied by foreign invaders and you ask what was he ranting about....??..?...and was that a gun in his hand to protect his home..?..??.....

Grow a brain cell my friend...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The man had plenty of warning to stop, lay his gun down and show he did not have a bomb on him. Sure its graphic but he wanted to # around and not comply then sorry but tough #.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Exactly...

I'm sorry it went down like that. But the video clearly shows several warning shots being fired numerous times. @ 3:31 there was an explosion. That didn't come from the soldiers. Watch the video Again.

It's very self explanatory.

Edit to Add: Upon watching the video several times there is clearly seen in the background local "Policemen" and police vehicles. The Explosion came from his legs. It was most likely meant to knee cap/maim a soldier while the man was being frisked/searched.

Soldiers legs are not armored. All he ended up doing was getting himself killed.

Mission accomplished.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Apparently no one so far sees the glaring Sarcasm in both the title and opening post.

The individual was Obviously being detained and Kept At Bay for a reason...

... that Reason showed itself @ 3:31 (big black puff of smoke, detonation of sorts).

Unless, of course, someone would like to offer an alternative explanation for such.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And there are a million more dead Iraqi civilians just like that one thanks to 9/11 lies. Were they all al-Qaeda? Was this guy responsible for WTC7 imploding? I don't think so.

Our soldiers shouldn't be there in the first place. It's our "leaders" who should be tried for murder. Not just for the Iraqis but for every American who died as a result of invasion under false pretenses. At this point I'd even call Obama an accomplice.

www.amazon.com...

Product Description

Famed Charles Manson prosecutor and three time #1 New York Times bestselling author Vincent Bugliosi has written the most powerful, explosive, and thought-provoking book of his storied career.

In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses-a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.

As a prosecutor who is dedicated to seeking justice, Bugliosi, in his inimitable style, delivers a non-partisan argument, free from party lines and instead based upon hard facts and pure objectivity.

A searing indictment of the President and his administration, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder also outlines a legally credible pathway to holding our highest government officials accountable for their actions, thereby creating a framework for future occupants of the oval office.

Vincent Bugliosi calls for the United States of America to return to the great nation it once was and can be again. He believes the first step to achieving this goal is to bring those responsible for the war in Iraq to justice.

About the Author

Vincent Bugliosi received his law degree in 1964. In his career at the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, he successfully prosecuted 105 out of 106 felony jury trials, including 21 murder convictions without a single loss. His most famous trial, the Charles Manson case, became the basis of his true-crime classic, Helter Skelter, the biggest selling true-crime book in publishing history. Two of Bugliosi's other true-crime books--And the Sea Will Tell and Outrage--also reached #1 on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list. No other American true-crime writer has ever had more than one book that achieved this ranking. His latest book, Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy, was also a New York Times bestseller, and is being made into a ten-part HBO miniseries, for which Tom Hanks will be a producer. Bugliosi lives with his wife of many years in Los Angeles.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yet another good example of a situation in which people will choose to see "what they want to see." People don't easily think past what they think they know or want to believe about any given thing and don't like having their beliefs challenged.

You've illustrated yet again, how leading titles and preconceived ideas can influence one's perception of an event and the reality that surrounds that event. I hear what you're sayin' OP.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The guy had a bomb, how was he innocent? It looked like he was trying to entice the soldiers to come and arrest him so he could detonate his package...

It looks to me like they did everything right?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
And there are a million more dead Iraqi civilians just like that one thanks to 9/11 lies. Were they all al-Qaeda? Was this guy responsible for WTC7 imploding? I don't think so.

You Epically FAIL to mention that those quoted "Millions" killed are totally inflated and bogus numbers that include all the sectarian violence aimed at innocent civilians mainly located at or near mosques, schools and opposition group locations through acts of bombings, hostage taking and murders between Shia and Sunni factions.

Not to mention Iran's contribution to the Iraq conflict by training and equipping insurgents that needlessly extended the conflict a full two years or more.

Our soldiers shouldn't be there in the first place. It's our "leaders" who should be tried for murder. Not just for the Iraqis but for every American who died as a result of invasion under false pretenses. At this point I'd even call Obama an accomplice.

Nice rant. If I'm not mistaken your reply/rant belongs on one of the 9/11 boards.
Good try though.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bomber 0 US Army 1, so he failed to comply because he was a bomber, he detonated himself, the police were there, and did nothing.....and we should feel bad......awwww there was my pity moment. If he didn't have a bomb strapped to himself, had complied etc, he could be braying to Mecca right now, nope his fault plain and simple. Those embarressed to be an American, fix it ya whiners, renounce your citizenship and move.................nothing to see here move along.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
War is bad. But the US unrightfully occupying and killing civilians is just sad. This is murder. The US has no right to be occupying Iraq period.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
That man is in his homeland being bullied by foreign invaders and you ask what was he ranting about....??..?...and was that a gun in his hand to protect his home..?..??.....

Well, having watched the video, it takes a special kind of stupid to approach any group of heavily armed people while ranting in the middle of the street.

It's painfully obvious by this mans gestures that he was trying to get close to some of the soldiers. He completely ignored the warning shots, and only after he was brought to ground by the leg/foot shot did he detonate the package.

Using women, children and coercion to force or entice people to blow up innocent civilians in the name of anything, is a war crime. What was shown here was just another day in a war zone. Sure it sucks that this is what these people have been reduced to, but this is the reality.

This guy was neither innocent, nor a bystander.

..Ex

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Delta,
Is this what you do for fun? Pull up all the war videos and watch them?

Would you care to answer why you think he is innocent? Would it have anything to do with the device he detonated?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It looks to me as though he was packing explosives. When he is shot grey dust(?) flies out from his clothing. Looked like powder to me. He was also very, very large and appeared to have something beneath his clothing.
I'm not fan of these wars, in fact we shouldn't have invaded either Iraq or Afghanistan IMO BUT, our personnel are there now and handing some very difficult situations like the one in the video.
If there war crimes committed I would be all for prosecuting those responsible. This looked like self-defense to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Originally posted by rainfall

Well, having watched the video, it takes a special kind of stupid to approach any group of heavily armed people while ranting in the middle of the street.

This guy was neither innocent, nor a bystander.

If China or Russia were to occupy your Country are you going to cower in your home or are you going to stand up to the foreign invaders....??..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join