It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why elect Kerry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What is Kerry going to do differently then Bush? At this point in time, he's almost running on the same platform as Bush. The guy hasn't even stated how he's going to do things. He said he'll bring the economy back, he'll get jobs, he'll improve foriegn relations, and he'll stop the terrorist threat.

Wow. How noble. What president wouldn't want to do that? It's easy to say you'll do it. The hard part comes when you say how you'll do it.

So other then the pathetic defense "he's not Bush", why do you want Kerry to be president? What is he going to do better? Go ahead and make a fool of your self by saying he won't studder, he won't screw up words, he's not Bush. Quite honestly, I'd be surprised to find an intelectual answer stating why Kerry would be a good president.

Look at this from a historical perspective. When we learn history, we don't learn "people believed he would be a better president because he wasn't Taft" We learn what he did and how it was better then what Taft did. Go ahead and spew your hate, this is the mud pit, but I hope at least one of you Kerry supporters can give a valid arguement as to what he would do that would better our nation that Bush has not done.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm just going to get party line hate speach.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Your right .....

A) He doesn't have a plan outlined on "how" he's going to make all these wonderful things appear.
B) Usually when they don't they have a bigger agenda then that, which is usually bad news to our ears...

A liberal names Dalton McGuinty in Ontario is now premier because he said the same bull# kerry says, he tap danced around his real agenda, and never really outlined anything, he got in and raised taxes... Beauty...

The problem with Kerry is that he just doesn't really know... he's so sheltered and carries double standards... ex. He's wealthy because of his two wives, he doesn't know what work is, he's never had to save up for anything, pay off debts, ect, but he thinks if taxes are raised it will stimulate the economy. If he says higher taxes for the wealthy that means he's going to have to dish it out too... He won't want to do that...
He doesn't want to show his wife's tax history over the past few years but demands it for others? He wants to create jobs for everyone, how noble indeed, but how, by hiring more roadcrew to pave highways and hire government workers for more programs to help people? how is he going help people help people, isn't he going to make everyone a stand up guy? I guess he doesn't really mean that because if you hire workers to help people they aren't really being helped cuz usually those people don't even want to help themselves, so the taxes will raise, people won't be helped, and the welfare system will be busines as usual.
You can't just create jobs... Unless of course they are what I just said. If you can think of other jobs let me know i'm interested.

Kerry is so very nourishing... LOL... I wish he knew what he was talking about because then I would at least respect the guy for having a stance.
But no, he doesn't so he's going to get hate speech and disrespected.

The only thing kerry does well is point out the faults of g.w.b which isn't a hard thing to do, but when it comes to solutions he's out to lunch. He can talk the walk but he can't walk the talk.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You make a good point. Kerry and Bush are very much alike. People should re-elect Bush and let him finish what he started instead of having Kerry go and possibly screw it up.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree that Kerry doesn't have a plan as far as I can tell. This year will be the first year I will be old enough to vote and I have a hard time pinning down just what Kerry is advertising. I know what Bush wants and I agree with some of his policies and seriously disagree with others. But I don't know a damn thing about Kerry except that he wants to raise taxes. Prehaps someone on here can inform me, but I try to listen to the news evrynight to learn about both Kerry and Bush and I just feel confused!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It is the lesser of 2 evils. Another 4 years of Bush would lead to this country's downfall.

The same might be true of a Kerry term, but if you have a terminal illness it is better to use an experimental medicine to try and cure it. It may not work but at least you tried.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
LOL! Brother, I'll bet you Kerry can ruin the nation in less time than Bush!

Remember, Soros is backing Kerry. That should give you a really bad feeling!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Quite an interesting read is on Kerry's site. It has a litany of issues, where he stands and what are his plans.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

LOL! Brother, I'll bet you Kerry can ruin the nation in less time than Bush!

He may. However, Bush is ruining the country. Kerry might ruin the country. It is sad when it comes down to this, but isn't it better to have a might than an is in this case?

Man, this election is going to stink - America is screwed either way.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't see Bush is ruining the country. He's done what he could to repair the economy that was screwed up before he came along, he has responded to the repeated attacks we have suffered quietly for years, and he allowed for the disabled vets to stop getting screwed.
However, he has acted upon many Democratic planks in order to take the wind out of their sails. That may be politically crafty, but it doesn't do the country any good.

With Mr. Kerry, we'll get none of the good and all of the bad, not to mention, judicial appointee's that will be of the Judicially active type. We are suffering because of this from the past.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Quite an interesting read is on Kerry's site. It has a litany of issues, where he stands and what are his plans.

yeah ok i read a little bit and after reading the following i stopped...can you figure out why?

The first thing John Kerry will do is fight his heart out to bring back the three million jobs that have been lost under George W. Bush. He will fight to restore the jobs lost under Bush in the first 500 days of his administration.

3 million NEW jobs in 500 days? hmmm smells very similar to a promise a certain president made before about 100 days and healthcare...can anyone remember?

does anyone really think ANYONE can create 3 MILLION new jobs in only 500 days? thats less than a year and a half ladies and gentlemen.

and fight his heart out...lol yeah.

i had to stop reading after that, his site reads like a campaign ad and it sickens me. i want to give the guy a break and a fair chance and i know HE doesnt personally run the site but his people are making him look bad.

they vaguely tell how he plans on doing this stuff but giving tax breaks to certain industries isnt going to create 3 MILLION new jobs in less than a year and a half. its gonna take a lot more than that.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

judicial appointee's that will be of the Judicially active type. We are suffering because of this from the past.

I am not sure how we are suffering. If I recall, the major cases that were met with cries of "Judicial activism" were Brown vs Board of ed outlawing segregation in public schools and Miranda vs Arizona protecting the rights of the accused (along with the other, lesser known civil rights and rights of the accused cases).

These seems an indirect stab at Gay rights (Kerry being a supporter may appoint judges who share that belief).

Tell me specifically because maybe I am missing something: How are we suffering because of judicial activism?

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay, Wolfie, had to step out for a few hours.

The judicial activism is easy to spot. Just look around for the last few decades and see what kind of impositions have been set on our culture and society that would never have been passed through the representative portion of our government. Couple the changes made, and the history revisionism within the public education sector the past several decades and it makes sense.

I tisn't just in the public education system. I even read an article in the hometown newspaper that mentioned the "...constitutionally mandated separation of church and state". From religious issues, to legalized abortion to, now, the homosexual marriage issues, that which cannot be forced upon our culture through law is being forced upon it through activist judges throughout the country making law.

Don't worry. Its part of a grand scheme. Well, do worry because its part of a grand scheme.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Going to �get party line hate speech� from who? Democrats? No way! You know what they say about Democrats: Put 10 in a room to gather their opinion on the Number 1 issue facing the USA and you�ll have 14 � answers with 3 not sure�s.

Look how they just sit back and take sh$t and other slanders from the opposition.

But on point:

Kerry has done some cherry picking of Bush campaign strategy used to win in 2000. The �same as George� issue you note is deliberate. Early this year Kerry met with a select group of big time democratic official and tree shakes. He forewarned them not to become as the campaign rolled out. His strategy he told them, �� do nothing to give voters a reason to vote against him.� Vanilla all the way.

It�s called �blurring the distinctions� in this case, it�s the issues. Few big difference between the two on most all issues; the strategy has also allowed Kerry move to the right which has gone unchallenged from Democrats; and further blurs the distinction between him and Bush.

Kerry has been very focused and disciplined with the strategy, for the most part, thru out so far. (Look how he�s got your goat.) Vanilla all the way.

Bush is doing the same. Kerry got backed into a corner and had to cite his plan to solve the Iraq thing. He tried like heel not to but was force into it. John gave a speech listing 5 major thing he would do if President. Folks listen ands say, �We�ll he�s gotta plan and sound good!

So what then happens? GW�s goes on TV with a detailed plan for victory in Iraq. Since its Presidential the plan gotta have a name��� so now it�s the BUSH 5-POINT PLAN FOR IRAQ. No matter it�s almost word for word regurgitation of Kerry�s 5 things. Blur it. Who�s running for President George W. Kerry or John F. BUSH?

There is only one major measure of distinction between the two and that their ACTIONS.

Kerry goes around the country giving stump speeches and gets little or no national press coverage (Reporter�s run from stump speeches like roaches from a can of Raid) while GW screw�s up with his and his Administration�s screw up. (In politics, as your opponent makes a fool of him/herself���.move out of the way and give them center stage.)

So when the �just plain folk� aren�t worried about the VISA bill and aren�t to tired to not care what do they see and assess? �����AS they recall, �Bush�s got a list of screw ups, I seem to remember; Kerry? We�ll I hear he sounds Presidential when he gave that speech.�

Don�t be angry. It�s all scripted. Both sides. The real question in this story is Who�s the fool? Them or US??????????????

top topics

join