It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admit it, you like being a NWO slave.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Seems like some of you were a little bit disturbed at my statement and questions. Some of you responded with a philosophical diatribe about enlightenment and being materialistic.

Again, if you were free from the NWO, Illuminati, Da Man, etc.... What would you do? How would you live? If not materialistically, how would you expand your spirituallity?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

We use the same words to mean different things, which can send us straight to hell. Shout "fire" in a crowded theatre, or change an exit sign to point into a wood-chipper, and you've used words as a weapon. In politics, the biggest words are these:

Freedom
Justice
Liberty
Equality
These are magic words because they suggest positive outcomes that the person hearing the word doesn't have to lift a finger to make happen. Here are their equivalents in product advertising:

Free
Guarantee
No obligation
New low price
Just buy this and it's all taken care of. Did you have a problem? Our product cures it -- guaranteed! New low price to make everyone happy. There's one for the whole family.

In the midst of it all, the talking heads on the right are going to talk about how the essence of Conservatism is Freedom. Ron Paul will talk about Freedom. Then someone will pipe up that Marx, Engels, Mao, Clinton, etc. promised freedom too.

And this whole time, no one will have bothered to give a working definition of "freedom"!

One reason for this is that freedom is impossible to define without an object. Freedom from -- mosquitoes? exhaustion? bad smells? jobs? -- well, we don't know. If you're free you just know you are, I guess. Freedom requires an oppressor to be freed from, otherwise you weren't unfree in the first place. Who's trying to stop you from doing what? No one is going to open that can of worms.

Even more, freedom is a vernacular term for feeling like you could do anything. I feel free to do what the heck ever. But because all terms decay to the lowest common denominator through use, the most common meaning of the word freedom is this: no one telling me what to do. Of course, since those telling you what to do could be in some cases right, what we mean when we say "freedom" is "no oversight."

What's your definition of freedom?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
They need us slaves.
Its not nice to be wanted that way.

They need the FED and the government more for money.

The best way to get back is to expose their lies and secrets.
The big ones.

<< 1   >>

join