It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever tried to move things with your mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Now, when I was little I though maybe, just maybe I would be able to move things by concentrating really hard on moving them. I don't think it ever worked (poor me). All these years later, I find myself, every once in a while, thinking about it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, or not concentrating enough. But every now and then the thought pops up.

So, I want to know if any of you ATSers have tried this before. Something tells me that I'm not the only one.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by ineverknew]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Honestly, no.

Why ?

Because there is NO identifiable, deducible or reproducible method for the human brain to generate sufficient energy to influence objects "at a distance".

Let me repeat ... absolutely NO known way.

p.s. please don't start posting ad nauseum about fictitious or "other worldly" methods or mysterious and unknown energy sources.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

We have all tried it, child or adult.

There is no spoon.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well in a fractal universe... if civilizations can gain the power to alter the conditions in "their" fractal resolution of reality then it should be possible to do something. Although givin the fractal size differance between a galactic cluster and an electron gathering enough coordination could only happen though artifcial intelligence networks, or not, givin the time scale differance.

But outside of that extreme... its not possible.

And yes i try everyday. DAMN YOU NANO-BOTS GIVE ME A SIGN! i loled.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

It can definitely be done. We're gonna see a lot of people claiming no scientific basis and all that junk - ignore 'em. If you use science to measure something that isn't science yet, you're probably not going to find anything.

My experience is that there are higher astral planes of existence - some are duplicates of our normally known/sensed material world. Merging different views in your mind's eye can allow things to be moved.

Not gonna say more than that because I'm getting tired of being harrassed by people who already know everything.

(As a side-note, in Elmer Green's scientific, and published, experiments using Tibetan copper wall and magnet setups, it has been found that a common, non-meditating person carries about a 2-3 volt charge, while a meditating distance healer, like a Reiki master, can hold over 120 volts of charge in their body!)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Everyone is capable of moving things with their mind.

THINK about it.

CX

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Have most definately tried it, even thought i'd acheived it with a pencil once......almost crapped my pants!!!

It was the draught from the window!

To claim it is impossible is a bit naive, things are only impossible until they have been done.

There was a time when space travel was impossible, human achievements of today were impossible to think about.

I keep my mind open on this one, and i'm sure i will try it again many times again before i die.

CX.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Something tells me that I'm not the only one.
I have tried and I also believe it's totally possible. I have moved a pen with my mind, with one witness present, nothing I can say will make people believe it so I wont try. The mind is the most complex thing we know of. The brain allows us to become conscious, self-aware, intelligent beings. It is deeply embedded with the structure of reality and I believe you can exert an influence on the reality around you with only your mind.

The structure of reality comprises of an interconnected web of energy

I believe the combined consciousness, or global consciousness plays a major role in the overall reality we will experience. If the entire world believes moving things with your mind is impossible, it makes it extremely hard for anyone to break through this reality which is being held in place by the global consciousness...thus it becomes essentially impossible for an individual to have an influence on aspects of reality which people "know" so much about...they believe so strongly...that almost nothing could ever change their minds...they seem so sure of themselves that the human mind could never have such an effect on reality because they can't "see" or don't understand exactly how it works...they need some sort of measurable physical object made up of atoms and quarks before it's legitimate...

[edit on 14/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My body is a thing.

I can move my body with my mind.

I can move things with my body..

So I move things with my mind all the time... indirectly.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I've done it, and I've tried to find out what it takes to prove it. It's mainly colors more than objects.

What I can say is in my scientific tests of it is that we each have our own reality we perceive in parallel. If you honestly do not want people around to manipulate objects with their mind, then your reality can't be affected by those that believe they can manipulate objects with their mind. Consider that further and people on different sides of the world probably don't see the same reality at the same time, so one may be able to change things with the mind until their realities are shared in parallel.

I think there is enough scientific evidence beyond this in other studies that people have influenced the flame on candles and to have a witness at least question it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Have I tried it, hell yeah, have I done it… no, ...if you think about it, it could be possible with the help of a poltergeist, there is evidence of poltergeist activity moving objects (Google it) so who's to say they can't help out and move it for you… to freak you the hell out

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

There are times where it seems the body moves with normal motor energy.

Then there are times where it seems more than just normal motor energy is needed to move the body, like mind will.

I guess this also excludes dreams where we have full ability to control.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yes, I have tried, many times. I used to make a small (1.5 inch) four-cornered tinfoil "spinner", balance it upon a nail that was sticking out of a cork and place a glass jar over the top of it to rule out air currents, and then try to move it with mentally-generated energies.

So far, unsuccessful.

I haven't given up, I'm just resting.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
In my field we tend to think when a crazy man thinks he is flying, in his world he IS flying.

Whatever you truly believe you will see, and it will be real to you. Truth is subjective to your mind.

Every child wants to be a super hero. I tried it. I also used to think I was special being able to sense sharp objects between my eyes lol.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Ridhya]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I used to try moving things all the time when I was a kid. I felt like this was a power that I 'should' have been able to use. Also moving my body through solid materials seemed like something that should have been possible. I've pretty much given up trying. I have lucid dreams though, those are fun. Some of my dreams are 100 times more detailed than things I can observe in this physical reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Yes, I have tried, many times. I used to make a small (1.5 inch) four-cornered tinfoil "spinner", balance it upon a nail that was sticking out of a cork and place a glass jar over the top of it to rule out air currents, and then try to move it with mentally-generated energies.

So far, unsuccessful.

I haven't given up, I'm just resting.

Try a dixie cup with a pin and a post it note folded in half. Invert the cup, push the pin through it, fold the post it note in half and open it up. Balance it on the pin point. Bring your hands close to the paper and try to move it to spin. Stop it. Reverse direction of spin. Stop it again.

If you can do this, check for air currents. Place a bandanna over your mouth to prevent you from blowing on the paper. Can you still do it? Do it in front of witnesses. Don't worry, this won't make you rich, it is soon forgotten.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I once had a paper dart, or a pyramid shape move.

I purposely kept my mouth and nose beneath the edge of my nightstand and began concentrating.

It DID move counterclockwise , not sliding but rotating on it's axis.

It really did startle me when it happened because it moved very quickly.

I ruled out air currents, because I had aligned it with the corner of the table in order to verify that it had indeed moved at all.

When it occurred, it didn't slide at all laterally as if propelled by a draft or by my own breathing but as I'd said , it only rotated on it's axis as I'd concentrated or willed it to do.

Physics says that it is impossible but from my experiment, it did occur.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

One time when I couldn't poop I just sat there and tried to give it a real big push with my mind but it didn't work, had to include more fiber in my diet, problem solved.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I tried as a teenager (I think many teenagers go through this phase).
And I tried again recently.
No luck so far!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

O yes! Daily
Still trying

However I did not succeed in moving any 'hard' matter ..... moving 'energy' like thoughts or intentions is way more easy for 'subtile' matter has barely any physical weight.

Nice idea to ponder though ......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join