It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know What I Did Yesterday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Do you know what I was doing yesterday between the hours of 9-5?. Do you know what I was doing the day before that, and the day before that? Do you know what your neighbour was doing yesterday between the hours of 9-5. Do you know what you they were doing the day before that? The answer to most of us is NO. Behind our four walls we exist where only a selected amount of individuals are privvy to what we do.

Now imagine a street, on that street are 50 houses each house has 4 walls (obviously) do you know what everyone is doing behind those four walls?

Now imagine a mall, a mall that has four floors with elevators going up and down, each floor houses 20 shops each shop has 3-4 departments, do the people in the same mall on different levels know what the other people in the other shops on other levels are doing all day. Or do the people in the shops on the same level next to each other know what the people in their neighbouring shop are doing all day? Better still do the people in the same shop but in different department know what people in their other department s are doing all day?, lets take this further.

Imagine a radius of 10 miles (lets keep it simple) this radius represents a secure compound within this secure compound there are 5 separate compounds in each entrance of the compounds there are security guards that log you in and out. In each secure compound there are several streets with many buildings. To the entrance of each building there are guards logging you in and out only this time they have state of the art scanning technology.In every elevator/stairway/escaltor there are scanners and guards. In every entrance to every floor of every building there are guards, in every entrance to every room on each floor there are guards. Each guard in every separate area of the building is logging you in and out aswell as scanning you, to make sure nothing is taken out of the building.

Now imagine this amount of security in every building in each compound. Now lets put an electonic fence around the entire compound and lets put the compound in the middle of nowhere where, the people who go to the compound have to travel by bus or air in order to reach it, in that bus there are guards who scan you in and out, in the planes there are guards who do the same. Do any of the guards know what other guards are doing? Do any of the people on any floor in any of the buildings know what others are doing? The answer again is NO.

So please tell me why would YOU know all of whats going on around the world? why would YOU know if there was ET on this planet? why would you know if there were hangers that house secretly retrieved craft? Why would YOU know about all of this? you don't even know what your neighbour is doing next door?

The question about whether or not UFO'S/ET exists should be looked at by all angles, there are three factors that dominate life as we know it MONEY / GREED / POWER, the question is who benefits from knowing? what could someone possibly gain from going to all this trouble, to keep such a secret a secret. Going to great lengths to cover themselves every step of the way. By great lengths I mean much bigger than the analogy above. Such as elite guards who are made up of orphans, people with no family no friends, only in the institution they work in. People who would not think twice and give their life freely in order to make sure the secret remains secret.

Whilst we continue to discuss if ET is real these people who own the area, who own the compounds, who own the buildings who employ the guards, they continue to keep us in the dark/uninformed and allow us to bicker amongst ourselves. IMO we need to stop these arguments and look at this subject in a bigger light, instead of compartmentalizing everything we must embrace this topic as a whole, as IMO every little topic leads to one universal concept.

This subject is beyond all of us, which is the reason we repeat ourselves over and over again, if you search old threads, threads that are 5 years old, you will see the same style threads, the same approach, something needs to change.

Whilst we are on this level, talking about whether ET exists or not we are losing sight of lifes true meaning.

This thing is much bigger than we can ever comprehend.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

G'day franspeakfree

Thank you for your thoughtful, well constructed comments.

I shall ponder that for a while.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

G'day franspeakfree

Thank you for your thoughtful, well constructed comments.

I shall ponder that for a while.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Good Morrow, MMN, please do, as I want to discuss this issue in its entirety, when people say things like "we would know if ET were on this planet" I wish they would do their own research.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

and i guess the corollary is that people should use far more critical thinking when examining claims of alledged insiders / whistle bloets who claim near onmicience and indepth knowledge of multiple far reaching alleged conspiracies .

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I thought you had a clear mind and believed in aliens.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Hi franspeakfree, that is a good analogy. I have been surprised at people's naivety when they refuse to entertain the idea that things can be kept secret by compartmentalisaton.

The evidence, in the form of now declassified documents, is available if they would look. What I've found is that some people don't want to look and have no interest in looking. Other things take precedence in their lives and they (rightly or wrongly i don't know) think that none of these issues affect their every day lives. Maybe it's not these people who you are focused on but the kind that seem to come to forums like this one just to declare that none of the subjects discussed here can be true?

I am curious as to whether you are speculating when you write, "Going to great lengths to cover themselves every step of the way. By great lengths I mean much bigger than the analogy above. Such as elite guards who are made up of orphans, people with no family no friends, only in the institution they work in. People who would not think twice and give their life freely in order to make sure the secret remains secret."

...or do you write from experience? If so I would be interested to hear more.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It's a well thought out post...clearly took some time and effort.

Reading between the lines...the argument can be summed up as 'we can't KNOW they aren't here so therefore they COULD be.'

It doesn't get us any closer to the facts, but highlights the curiosity a lot of us feel. We'd all like to know what there is to know. Where the alleged debris from crashes is stored. Who knows what and why it's secret. I especially want to know why there's so much muddying of the waters. Even the possibility that UFOs aren't ET and are something else entirely...we want to know.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hm not to derail your thread but that is the same reasoning I used when I changed from atheist to agnostic.

Someone said where is god and I said think about one room in your house, how many houses on your street, how many streets in your city, how many cities in your provinces, etc (though more eloquent) and consider how little of it you have actually explored. Not one billionth of the universe has been explored and even so to actually KNOW something, you must witness it yourself or you are just taking someones words for it.

Aliens may or may not exist but so many people just take the word of 'insiders' who are, you know inside and former air force pilots who could easily be still on payroll to say the things they do...

Unless you see an alien your self you do NOT know they exist based on testimony, and even if you saw one is it an alien? Think of the 'invasion' in The Watchmen!!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi Fran. You bring up some interesting and thought provoking points.

The answer to most of us is NO. Behind our four walls we exist where only a selected amount of individuals are privvy to what we do.
Very true. But I can make educated guesses on activities based on my own experience, and my experiences inside other peoples places. But I see your point though. These educated guesses are not a replacement for actual experience or knowledge.

Now imagine a street,......
Now imagine a mall........

Imagine a radius of 10 miles

Now imagine this amount of security in every building in each compound.....
That is a lot of imagining Fran.

So please tell me why would YOU know all of whats going on around the world?
I don't remember claiming I know everything that was going on in the world, so why would I need to tell you that.

why would YOU know if there was ET on this planet?
I don't know that. My belief regarding ET's is based on the related materials I have encountered related to that. My belief is not based on what I do not know concerning what goes on behind doors and walls I am not privy too.

why would you know if there were hangers that house secretly retrieved craft? Why would YOU know about all of this? you don't even know what your neighbour is doing next door?
So Fran, I guess the real point would be to tell me what is known relating to ET's! Not what I don't know is going on behind walls. Walls that you also are ignorant about, regarding the activities that occur behind them.

The question about whether or not UFO'S/ET exists should be looked at by all angles,
I agree, but pointing out that there are areas that we are not privy to is not an angle. Speculation is what it is. Remember when we had to do all that imagining earlier. Well, we would also have to imagine that there is ET related material involved because we are not privy to those areas to know.

there are three factors that dominate life as we know it MONEY / GREED / POWER, the question is who benefits from knowing?
Another question might also be, "who benefits from creating a myth that ET exist? We need all the angles.

what could someone possibly gain from going to all this trouble, to keep such a secret a secret.
We have to imagine that there is a benefit because we cannot actually know what the ET benefits are given we only imagine that they are being hidden behind the walls you mention.

Whilst we continue to discuss if ET is real these people who own the area, who own the compounds, who own the buildings who employ the guards, they continue to keep us in the dark/uninformed and allow us to bicker amongst ourselves.
But what if they actually have nothing to hide? What if you are mistaken in believing they are hiding something?

IMO we need to stop these arguments and look at this subject in a bigger light, instead of compartmentalizing everything we must embrace this topic as a whole, as IMO every little topic leads to one universal concept.
I disagree. We need to concentrate on the best quality evidence available, all the time.
We need to stop speculating and appealing to what we "imagine is going on behind walls" we have no way of actually investigating. Or imagining the nature of those that are hiding thing we are only imagining exist behind the wall we are not privy too.

As harsh as this is to some, we need to stick to facts.

This subject is beyond all of us, which is the reason we repeat ourselves over and over again, if you search old threads, threads that are 5 years old, you will see the same style threads, the same approach, something needs to change.
The subject is not beyond us. The subject has not changed because the quality and validity of information has not, IMHO.
What is beyond many, I would suggest, is the ability of distinguish between having a belief and looking for something to prove it, and finding evidence and forming a belief from that.
Which is why I won't be imagining anything relating to walls I cannot see through.

Whilst we are on this level, talking about whether ET exists or not we are losing sight of lifes true meaning.

This thing is much bigger than we can ever comprehend.
I agree.
Perhaps, though, people need a belief in ET so as to help explain that meaning of life! Like others need religion, or others need power, or others believe in money.

Perhaps that is all it is? Just another angle.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!
That is a very, very good analogy franspeakfree... Its Sooo True!

That is exactly how I've been feeling about these topics of ETs, Aliens, and actually, a lot of other ones as well.

You cant argue for sure, that you do or do not know or YES or NO..
Sure there is always gonna be a shred of evidence (usually)... but -

what would we do, if we all knew about these Secrets for sure?

What would we do with that information?
What could we do?
Would it even matter if we all knew for certain?

Would we be able to change anything even if we knew for sure?

And if that last question's answer is YES..

What would we change? - and - How would we change it?

or can we only change a thing as big as those secrets and what they entail, but only collectively.. and not just collectively, but Consciously Collectively Changing a thing... that is a hard thing to do.. isnt it?

Its all a lot to think about. Is it even worth thinking about?

I really loved the detail in your post, it really makes me think.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

and i guess the corollary is that people should use far more critical thinking when examining claims of alledged insiders / whistle bloets who claim near onmicience and indepth knowledge of multiple far reaching alleged conspiracies .

I think everybody should use far more critical thinking when examining all aspects of this topic, not just choosing which ones suit them. As I said before this subject encompasses much more than the existence of other life forms.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet

I thought you had a clear mind and believed in aliens.

Cybernet, my mind is clear, as I have mentioned to others on this site, I have had many experiences with life 'outside' of the box. It wasn't to long ago when I wouldn't dare say anything like that because people weren't ready to take it. However, human life is moving at such a fast pace now its only a matter of time until others start experiencing 'life' in all its entirety.

What I am trying to get at is that this subject involves so much more than we all realise, there are so many people on this site that believe they have all the answers but in truth, they are all searching like the rest of us.

Just because I have had experiences that others haven't does that make me any more of an expert in this field. The experiences I have had helped me turning the first page of a very very long book.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
I am curious as to whether you are speculating when you write, "Going to great lengths to cover themselves every step of the way. By great lengths I mean much bigger than the analogy above. Such as elite guards who are made up of orphans, people with no family no friends, only in the institution they work in. People who would not think twice and give their life freely in order to make sure the secret remains secret."

...or do you write from experience? If so I would be interested to hear more.

I do not believe that I have had the pleasure of reading your posts before on my threads. Welcome indeed Dr.HammondStoat.

My experiences as I have said above is the reason I am passionate about this topic, that is true. But I would be lying if I had first hand information to verify everything I write about. I give 99.9999999999% of ordinary people the benefit of the doubt, anyone in any position of power/greed is automatically eliminated from my trust. Wherever there is money there is corruption period.

A guy came up to me about 3 months after I had been talking to someone about 'life' at work, he said to me that he had had experiences and wanted to share them with me, instead of calling him a lier and accused him of making it all up, I sat and listened to him. He was a sane man with a good job a couple of kids and a stable family. He told me things that people would laugh at on this site. I could empathise with him as my experiences have been similar, so I knew he wasn't lying. However. if he had told other people who had not had those experiences and could not empathise with him they would have accused of making it up for attention e.t.c.

What I am trying to say is, I take everyones word as the truth when researching this topic. I listen to people and I trust my gut feeling if a person is lying they will be found out in the end. People who lie need a good memory. When you delve deeper in to this topic you can soon wheedle out the liers , they are normally people who try to spin particular subjects whilst leaving out the detail of others. I am not talking about members on this site, I am talking about people, who misinform others in order to take people off the scent. Politicians are great at it.

What is research, research, research that I always go on about: Its about finding as much as you can, experiencing as much as you can, understanding as much as you can without it taught to you by others, so that in the end you can decide what is the truth. Sadly the majority of the population would prefer to be schooled infront of the television every day/night.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It's a well thought out post...clearly took some time and effort.

Reading between the lines...the argument can be summed up as 'we can't KNOW they aren't here so therefore they COULD be.'

It doesn't get us any closer to the facts, but highlights the curiosity a lot of us feel. We'd all like to know what there is to know. Where the alleged debris from crashes is stored. Who knows what and why it's secret. I especially want to know why there's so much muddying of the waters. Even the possibility that UFOs aren't ET and are something else entirely...we want to know.

I watched a great film yesterday it was called 'The Box" it stars Cameron Diaz and involves all sorts of wierd wonderful scenes. Whilst I began watching it I thought to myself, how do they film these particular scenes without people noticing? there are millions of buildings in this world and we haven't a clue whats going on inside the majority of them. Yet all we can do is speculate.

Your right all this doesn't get us close to the facts, but what it does do is bring us closer to each other. In the end none of us know what is going on in the majority of those buildings everyday we are all in the same boat drifting down the same stretch of water, where are heading? nobody knows?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Hm not to derail your thread but that is the same reasoning I used when I changed from atheist to agnostic.

Aliens may or may not exist but so many people just take the word of 'insiders' who are, you know inside and former air force pilots who could easily be still on payroll to say the things they do...

I do not think you are derailing the thread at all, what you have said sounds entirely reasonable, I mentined in another thread, that its all about two things Evidences and Experiences. Without going to deep everybody can experience life outside of the box, its got nothing to do with being better than the others it has alot to do with dropping the barriers and taking a look for yourself.

Unless you see an alien your self you do NOT know they exist based on testimony, and even if you saw one is it an alien? Think of the 'invasion' in The Watchmen!!

Your absolutely right, which is why I dislike religious people who try to ram their beliefs down your throat without taking in to consideration all aspects of life which INCLUDE extraterrestrial visitation. You see you and I could have an experience where we meet Jesus Christ for example, we drift off in to a higher state of awareness and all of a sudden he's right in front of us. He says his name is JC but how do we know? he doesn't have an ID card on him we can't take his DNA, why would he be lying? we have both seen him, we have both heard him, but do we both trust him? why is he here in our higher awareness state? this is where it gets confusing because it encompasses much more than meeting JC.

What I am trying to say is just because you (passive) have had had one experience of life outside of the box, does not mean that you have reached the state of nirvana and that you have to spend all your life telling others of your experience it means that your journey has JUST begun and that you have stepped on to the same boat as the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Theres alot of food for thought there atlasastro, I have read and reread what you have written, and I don't know if its the way I have written my thread or if its your perception of me, but what you have written is as if you want to agree with me but coming in at a different angle
whichever way you want to come in on is fine by me. There seems to be a common agreement here Experiences and Evidence. I agree.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8rDude7

Thanks for your kind words there SK8rDude7, I am pleased you liked it and that you got something from it. There are so many questions to ask before we find the answers,

On a side not as yours is the final reply I am answering everyone on this thread as I believe this thread has gone as far as it will do. Just a shame that this will get buried with the rest of the others.

new topics

top topics

join