It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions While we Live/Answers When We Die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The Universe/Multiverse, Far away Planets, Intelligent Life on other Worlds, the Soul, the Future, our creation as a race.

These are the main things for me personally that I would love to be answered. I’m sure many others feel the same. Imagine contacting beings from other Planets, or communicating with yourself in a Parallel Universe, or seeing Earth Like Planets thousands of light years away.

Well, I’m resigned to the idea, that we will probably never really, know what’s going on, until we die.

Is it possible that many of these secrets don’t want to be found out, as we are meant to only know the full story once we are finished in this life here on Earth?

I feel it would be an enormous tragedy, if we go through our lives, die, then that’s it. Nothing.

Are we owed some kind of explanation, some answers to the burning questions of humanity, or are we just here once and once only, for no real purpose other than reproducing?

Do we get the answers when we die to the questions we ask while we live?

G.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If you're observent and become awakened, then answers while you live...just seek and ye shall find...don't mean that in the biblical usage...but really when you really peel the vail, you will then have the answers.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'd really like to hope that when we die, all the answers are given to us, but that's more than unlikely.

As for my life, I plan on uncovering as many of the secrets and unknowns as possible.

It's just hard to acknowledge that we'll never know it all, such a shame our generation may never meet alien life, but the next generation will, and our memories won't get to see that come into play.

Are we owed some kind of explanation, some answers to the burning questions of humanity, or are we just here once and once only, for no real purpose other than reproducing?

We aren't owed anything, from anyone, or anything, at any time, we're here to reproduce like all the other animals.

But at least, we can answer some of the questions unlike our brethren, which makes me grateful I was born after the time of Einstein, Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Asimov and Eric Cartman.

Without them we'd have much less knowledge than we do now.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The answer lies within yourself.

If you are kind to people, the answer will come to you.

If you are kind to the planet, the answer will come to you

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Patience is a virtue....

I would like to believe that, given enough time, everything that can be known will eventually be known.

I really don't care if I will be here when we reach this point. As long as we as a species realize that we are obligated to ourself to reach this point.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I must admit, I have had a few interesting experiences in the last few years that have opened my mind quite a bit.

As for the big questions I mentioned above, I am still a way off knowing any of this.

Life beyond this, yes, i'm sure there is something. there have been too many weird happenings in my life for there to be otherwise.

answer to everything when our time is up? I'm still on the fence.

Keep the replies coming though. It's great hearing others opinions on this.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Patience is a virtue

Ah, yes, the old "patience is a virtue"

Took the word out my Dear Grandmothers mouth there. I used to get told this what seemed like every five minutes when I was a young lad!

I guess I can wait another 50 yrs to wait and see.

g

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I sure hope we get some answers, though I think if we dont find them by the time we pass on we never will.

The create thing about humanity is its capacity for Hope but this is sometime to our detriment. I say this because I think we need to believe there is something after so that we can cope with our own mortality and the issues it brings. Dont get me wrong I hope I am wrong, I really do.

All we can do is try make the world a better place on a local level and hope that it spreads outwards. If we all do this maybe we can bring forth paradise on earth rather than pinning our hopes on the possible afterlife.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I too have wondered many of these similar things and it wasn't until I got really serious about how bad I wanted to know the answers that I was 'lead', you could say, to many sources of valuable wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I now have many of these answers and a lot more understanding about Life in general.

As many others are on ATS, I am a Truth-Seeker and have 'Re-Membered' a thing or two in that area of thought and the good news is that if you wish to know some valuable information on these topics, you most certainly can. You most definitely can!

I've read many books from the author Neale Donald Walsch and I have to say his books are utterly mind blowing. Now that is just how I feel, but honestly there is an abundance of Knowledge and Wisdom that can be found in his books. Two of his books specifically deal with many of these topics, 'Home with God In a Life That Never Ends' and 'Conversations with God Book 3'. Actually the whole Conversations with God Trilogy deals with a lot of these common questions.. Don't you know, Humanity has been asking these questions for a very long time.. well, The Truth is Out There!

Now I know the word "GOD" really scares many of you, but in all honestly there is not a single thing to be afraid of about it. Now just to be clear, Neale's books are NOT about preaching this or that, but about sharing Wisdom, knowledge, Truth and Love... which are indeed, some of the best things we have to hold on to after we do the thing called Die. Its funny, If we all knew the GODs honest truth about many of the things in Life, specifically about what it is to die, DEATH and about who and what we really are as humans and just as well, who and what GOD really is... we as the Human Race might just evolve enough for now and really change the world for the best.

Well for me, these books have changed my Life as well as many of the books from Esther and Jerry Hicks. This is what has worked for me, in my own experience. But I tell you if you approach these topics and read these books with an OPENED mind, you shall surely find what you are looking for.

There is no doubt for me anymore. What I do not know, I simply do not re-member, It is not a question of LEARNING, but of remembrance. You have come into this world, not to learn a single thing, but to remember and to recreate who and what you really are. We are the stuff of Life, you and I. Indeed, we are One with all Life and there is no separation what-so-ever..

Now what about a 'New World Order' in which the Power Of Love reigns Supreme, instead of some so called *Elite people, with their mad Love of Power reigning Supremely powerful? -ya know, just a thought...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Is it possible that many of these secrets don’t want to be found out, as we are meant to only know the full story once we are finished in this life here on Earth?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by grantbeed]

Perhaps these questions are meant to be unanswered because they give us purpose.

Outside of our mundane daily lives, the desire to seek or know the answers might provide us with a driving force to want to see the light of the next day in the event that it might be the day the answers are found.

If yours is a pointless existence without reward, and you know this from the start, how would you conduct your day to day life as compared to how you do now?

I would love to know the answers to the same questions that you ask. The pursuit of those and the contemplation of the possibilities adds something extra to my life.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8rDude7

Hi Sk8rDude7. Thanks for the Info on these books. They sound great. Will try and get a hold of these to read.

g

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well.. Thinking about it for a while.

Do I really want to know ? I think I do not.

If you know there is nothing after death. Depression feeling useles or acting like a stark raving lunatic killing causing pain. Why shouldn't you ?

If there is an afterlife.Would it be like Christan ideas, am I wort did I sin, Will I burn forever in hell ?
Nasty doubts to have.

If it is what it is. An afterlife derived from judgement. Like here only without a body. Why not kill yourself or cause harm kill live your life like a living hell to others.

No..!?
I think I'd rather not no.

Keeping busy with live searching for understanding . Having fun.
One way or another. There comes a time I find out anyway.

In the mean time I'd like to invite all to share your experience and help me out on my quest in life.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
For most of my life, I wanted to believe that wisdom and understanding are granted us after death

Then I learned that based on his exhaustive research and personal experiences, Jung concluded that 'the dead define themselves through the living' --- which appears to claim that the dead are only able to make sense of themselves and their condition, through the living

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Is it not just telling that Jung didn't have a clue ?

As in my experience the harder I try, bumping in to a an invisible boundary or physical limit. The must energy gets wasted. Exhausting my self.
To claim the death don't exist without the living is an absolute truth. What is alive will die. To make your a point nothing more saying self reflection was used. Cause he never did found some proof.

To search for wisdom after death is useles spending precious time to learn about live IMO. Don't you agree ?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I believe it would be a tragedy to live a life and not be able to ponder questions such as these. The questions that you're asking of cannot be answered in one human lifetime. Your answers are going to come from a compound of information compiled for years and years.

Would it be better to focus our energy on these questions that take time or questions that we can solve in a few years? I don't know. If we were dead though, what would we do with the answers? What purpose could we possibly have even caring about that?

What if we did figure everything out? I believe that will just come up with more questions that are going to take more times and peoples life work of information to figure out.

It almost seems like this is all going around in a circle. While I would love to know all of this stuff after I die, I'd be more focused on what the heck is going on after I die.

top topics

join