It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptid: Bear with Reptile Head Creature...is this a hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I found these photos on the internet this evening, and I found them very interesting. I have never seen them before- and I thought I had seen every cryptid picture on the net at this point... so I was very intrigued! I checked ats and googled everything I could to attempt to desribe these pictures, and I could not find a thing!

My first impression is that they appear to be taken in the 1940s/50s due to the black and white film, and the dimension of the photographs- this smaller size was very popular during those eras.

Now back to the creature- sure it could be a photoshopped bear with a turtle/snake head--- but considering how many shots were taken, and how some of them are obviously "bad shots" not showing much detail, why would someone fake these?

What are your ideas? Have you seen these before? Are they hoaxes?

All these images were separate so I combined them into one image, and I blew up a few of them for details.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc38516774b0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-2-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
looks familiar... maybe a large variety of anteater?

www.amazonwildlifeperu.com...

christybharath.files.wordpress.com...

www.webanswers.com...

CREEPY looking things, huh?

vy

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Looks about as fake as David Caruso's 'C.S.I: Miami' one-liners. In my honest opinion, it looks to much like a human crouching in a suit.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm with vyrox. The first thing that came to mind when I saw these was some type of anteater.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

The texture of the nose does indeed match that of an anteater.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it is for sure butt ugly! That would scare me daylights out of me for sure!!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Whatever it is, it is for sure butt ugly! That would scare me daylights out of me for sure!!

Looks like a growth on the butt of some kind of primate to me...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
LMAO I am hysterically laughing now considering that it could be a log shoved up a bears arse!

But in all seriousness...anteaters have long snouts- and this animal does not have a long snout with a pointy narrow tip. And anteaters have tails, which these pictures do not appear to show a tail.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by xynephadyn]

link   

Originally posted by groomlake9

The texture of the nose does indeed match that of an anteater.

It does look alot like the picture, maybe an anteater in need of a haircut? or hey, he might be purposley trying to cultivate a fro'

[edit on 14/2/2010 by bkaust]

link   
Is it walking towards the camera or away?

I can't tell if that's the head or if it has a log stuck where the sun don't shine.
It's gotta be fake because it looks too flabby for it to be a wild animal. It looks more like a man in a furry suit.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Funny I had to look a few times to make sure that wasn't somethings rear end in the photos!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Originally posted by groomlake9

It does look alot like the picture, maybe an anteater in need of a haircut? or hey, he might be purposley trying to cultivate a fro'

He looks as though he fell into a bath full of 'Just For Men' hair color 'charcoal black'.

====

Is it walking towards the camera or away?

I agree, at first, it looked to me that we were seeing the creature from behind. It looks way too out of proportion to tell.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by groomlake9]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This looks a lot like the anteater seen in the Bolivian Pandhandle "Beni" they are giant anteaters, the ones I saw from a helicopter appeared to be all black, hulking creatures and their tails appeared to "meld" with their bodies ..we had to take a second pass to clearly ID the thing.. how they get so big.. the ant hills in Bolivia get up to 6-7 feet high.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's CLEARLY nothing like an anteater...the only similarity is the snout thingy...which is still fairly different...this is also obviously a lot bigger than an anteater when you look at the size of the trees and leaves for perspective...this thing is a decent size...it looks like some sort of primate IMO...with some sort of weird snout/head...the photos look extremely legitimate to me...I can't find even the smallest fault in them...definitely some very interesting images you have here...extremely nice find...

EDIT: xynephadyn, can you possibly give us the link to the originals?

[edit on 14/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I actually pulled this off of a video that someone did on youtube regarding cryptids...and they had no source

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Oh well, that's fine, we'll have to settle with what we have. I gave you a S&F BTW because it seemed this thread had zero, which was surprising...these are really intriguing images...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Its obviously a human bent over in a hairy suit. Take another look,

The "front" legs are actually the persons back legs inside the suit. On the suit is the prop of the weird "head" which actually sits on the persons bum.

Can everyone see it? Its a guy bending over and on his bum is the creature's "head"...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe it's a sloth bear: news.worldwild.org...
It's not exactly perfect, but the image we have is a little blurry. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Totally possible! I didnt even know Sloth Bears existed- weird!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Very weird!

It looks like a bear or primate with something in its mouth, a reptile or fish (dinner!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join