It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Universal Consciousness make sense?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

you read that wrong i said like the bible it takes many reads to understand..and even then you might not understand it...wasnt saying it was easy to understand!

but i can understand how that all ran together to make it seem like that..i had to go back and re-read my own comment myself!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Explain to me then. Why are there so many different understandings for it ?

The Bible can be read by a child, and be understood.

It can also be studied in depth ad nausium by some professor of theology to seek some far deeper meaning.

It can also be skimmed through by unbelievers that just look for inconsistencies that "prove" it is all BS.

The whole thing works on faith, not proof.
The bible can be understood and appreciated at many different levels.
The more times you read it, the more you find there.

Seek and the door of understanding will open to you. And you do not need to be a genius, or have a university education.
A simple uneducated person can read the bible and get just as much out of it as some scholar.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Carl Childers could read the bible! and he spent most of his life in a nervous hospital! until he finally commited his second murder which was when he killed Doyle Hardgraves!

Carl said "Some people call it hell I call it haiti's"

but yeah your right! but they still mis-interpreted what i was saying!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
i'll prolly get rediculed and all kinds of crap for this but idc..truth is truth

this whole topic is discussed in the book of the law written by aleister crowley!

google it book of the law visit some of them sites that break it down..i own it and i read it sometimes a few times a day...because its not something you can pick up and read and understand like the bible it takes many reads!

like i said this topic is mentioned in that book!

Well, I have read that; I guess that I require more. I don't recall an satisfactorily technical explanation of the matter. Really, I'm not sure one exists in our collective understanding as this point. Anything of substance I've received has been personal epiphany through direct contact. When trying to explain it, I just sound nvts.

Oh, about that misinterpretation, punctuation IS your friend too:

...because it's not something you can pick up, read and understand. Like the bible, it takes many reads!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

remember the whole consciousness concept at the beginning? saying we are all on a orbit that has been mapped out since our birth that through out life we are to receive and gain as much experience of every kind and that everything in our life is to give us a certain experience as we are agreggates here for obtaining that experience..

i'm just trying to refreash your memory i cant remember exactly what it said but it was somethin in that nature! and along with every man and every woman is a star!

[edit on 14-2-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I think there is nothing but consciousness, our souls are just split up parts of the one consciousness.

The consciousness wants to experience and expand itself, in order to do so it must split itself into smaller parts.

These parts are limited in their knowledge of the whole and have boundaries set in place, otherwise they would not be able to experience certain paths, situations and emotions.

All these experiences add to the whole, expanding it, and teaching it.

You could say that our human experience has been hyjacked by other entities, trapping us in this stage of consciousness, but then again, these entities are also part of the one consciousness, wich leads me to believe that the world, messed up as it is now, is exactly were it's supposed to be.

Lessons need to be learned before we can grow and reach our full potential as this particular part of consciousness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join