It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can children go to Hell?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
cjcord,

Beautiful Post

Very descriptive and insightful logic that i personally applaud

I understand your perspective much better now and thank you for taking the time to share your realizations and clearing a few things up. I have learned a lot from your post

Much appreciated!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If hell exist I would say yes.Becuase for it to exist at all would make god evil in which he wouldnt care your age.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Some people are mean. Alot of these people have mean kids. If these kids are mean why shouldnt they go to "hell"? My question is why are you even worried about hell? The only people that go to hell ... Are the ones that are worried about it. And I'm pretty sure if we followed whatever religions rules that are in place, we'd all go to "hell". Good luck finding one straight shooter in this lifetime.

Its sad that religion can control peoples lives to the point where they think going to church everyday will save their souls. If you want to save your childs soul, dont introduce them religion. Enough said

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is question that is giving me some really hard time.I was thinking a lot about this.

As a christian, it is very hard for me to beleive that kid can go to hell.
As a human, I really think that evil kids do exists, and that they should be sent to hell.

See, very contradicting, I am trying not to think about that.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm a God fearing Christian, but I don't think Hell exists. There is life and there is death. Some will live on, while others will die for eternity. Can you imagine a real Hell? Fire and brimstone? Big red guy with horns and a pointed tail with a trident watching over everything? Sounds ridiculous because it is all made up. Hell is just spiritual death. It is the death of the soul. Just think of the idea of Hell. Satan and his demons could only torture you so much before you'd become numb and stop caring. There always comes a numbing point. Pain will not last forever. This idea of eternal suffering is silly and illogical, but whoever came up with the idea sure did a good job of scaring people.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by ivorywire]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Wasnt there a song..'Hell is for Children"? Pat Benetar..

Well..seems to me..hell..as you think of it, is here on earth.

Not being a Christian, I dont subscribe to the fire and brimstone aspect of it.

Is that what you subscribe to? OP?

I suppose hell is what you make it..if you are a christian..you have your hell..you are taught..and you subscribe and believe it..otherwise..you will have a different aspect, depending on what you are taught and believe.

There you have it..everyone has a "different" hell. If you dont want to believe that children go to "hell"..then dont..you are the only one that can change your mentality and your world..

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
Some people are mean. Alot of these people have mean kids. If these kids are mean why shouldnt they go to "hell"? My question is why are you even worried about hell?

At this point, it's more of a curiosity than a worry, but as a child i did live in fear of hell because at that age, I/children tend to believe what they are told without much question. Later, Ironically (as a kid) i accepted the fact that i was probably going to go to hell anyway and became a bit malevolent and sort of a bully living in a childish mindset and becoming a rather young victim of that system...as i matured in my late teens early 20's i was able to look beyond the veil of "MANS" interpretation and purpose of religion, and have come to question everything and all i have learned to believe from a new perspective. I chose to decide for myself what my reality is and not blindly follow the realities of others, which i can now see many other people in my life inadvertently fall victim to.

The only people that go to hell ... Are the ones that are worried about it. And I'm pretty sure if we followed whatever religions rules that are in place, we'd all go to "hell". Good luck finding one straight shooter in this lifetime.

Agreed. In fact, i have stated almost this same perspective in an earlier post.

Its sad that religion can control peoples lives to the point where they think going to church everyday will save their souls. If you want to save your childs soul, dont introduce them religion. Enough said

Somewhat agreed. It is sad indeed, but that does not exempt the fact that there are sad people in this world that rely upon such control and need to be told who they are, what to believe, and how they should behave themselves... its very sad.

"If you want to save your childs soul, dont introduce them religion. Enough said"

hmmm... I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I don't believe avoiding the problem to be the best solution in this case. This is something at one time or another they will face and i believe it should be discussed with them at an early age from a "level-headed" unbiased point of view. Now, what is actually level-headed and unbiased is within the perspective of the parent and i believe, if done correctly, would result in a healthy foundation for the child to mature into his own reality... but thats just my opinion on it anyway.

...I guess it could be likened to talking to your kids about sex. As uncomfortable and awkward as it may seem, ignoring and avoiding the topic does not exempt the fact that it is out there, and actually does exist... and failure to communicate the concept could result in becoming a grandparent over night

think about it

thanx for your post, i appreciated the conversation

[edit on 5-3-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayJayDee
This is question that is giving me some really hard time.I was thinking a lot about this.

As a christian, it is very hard for me to beleive that kid can go to hell.
As a human, I really think that evil kids do exists, and that they should be sent to hell.

See, very contradicting, I am trying not to think about that.

This is my point. Why not think about it? Is it the fear of going to hell that will not allow you to entertain such an idea? You should't fear questioning your beliefs, that is what makes you "YOU". I do not mean to offend or ruin your religious beliefs, for i myself am christian, but i have learned to follow the spirt of the words in the bible rather than follow it from a literal perspective. I believe it is good to believe in something, but just as important to know why you belive in it

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Not being a Christian, I dont subscribe to the fire and brimstone aspect of it.

Is this what you believe one must believe to be Christian?

Is that what you subscribe to? OP?

No, through my own experiences and realizations i have come to learn there may be many different definitions/forms of hell and just like my reality is not your reality, why would your hell equate to mine? I also believe we may in fact be judging ourselves. What better judge, then to come to the realization of your own crimes and how it affected those around you. You COULD in fact create your own hell inside your head that could eventually cause you to lose your mind within the physical world!!! and as for the fire and brimstone, i do not put much stock in that particular perception and it was never included in the op, I refer to hell more as of a "state of mind" and the actual definition was left open for the reader to interpret.

Now, many of the concepts i believe in may clash with the beliefs of other Christians, but i also believe that is a matter of perspective as well. I define Christianity as one who follows the path of Christ, Now, whether his entire story is authentic or not is irrelevant. I find it more important to follow the message/spirit of his sacrifice than to scrutinize every single detail, find flaws and dissmiss his overall message as false. Why should i follow your/others definiton of Christianity? Wouldn't that be an opinion anyway? Why are there so many different denominations of Christanity? Because we all have minds and can decide for ourselves what we choose to believe.

There you have it..everyone has a "different" hell. If you dont want to believe that children go to "hell"..then dont..you are the only one that can change your mentality and your world..

Agreed

"if you change the way you see things, the things you see will change"-Wayne Dyer

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

I enjoyed reading your response Hawaiin punch.

In that first post i have to say myself that I poked a little to hard on the concept of religion being introduced at an early age or religion in general. I was raised as a child going to an A.M.E (African Methodist Episcopal) church most sundays and I turned out just fine (haha). Teaching on death and "Hell" are important parts of the service, my complaint is that i just dont feel that any religion should make a kid feel like he/she will be punished for any and everything that goes on in ones lifetime. As you know and expressed, this can be worrisome for a child.

Im at that age where I will start to raise a child soon and start a family. I do plan on teaching that child about religions (not one, but many) but at the same time Im not going to drill into their head that sins will damn their eternal soul. Wouldnt seem like the good parenting way to go.

If we were all perfect life wouldn't be as fun would it?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

If we were all perfect life wouldn't be as fun would it?

No, I guess it wouldn't...

therefore i intend to live it to the fullest

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is an old question "Are people born evil." I can't say definitely but I believe they inherit traits from their upbringing. I don't think a child would go to hell but if their parents made them that way then they certainly would.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
This is an old question "Are people born evil." I can't say definitely but I believe they inherit traits from their upbringing. I don't think a child would go to hell but if their parents made them that way then they certainly would.

Agreed

I created this thread a while back and learned so much from the responses i got in return. I understand if my title can be a bit misleading, and I also understand your perspective, but i guess what i was trying to ask was more based on the actions of children rather than just their existance. For example, if a child commits a sin and feels no guilt (because they haven't yet devoloped that concept) should they feel guilty about it when they understand the severity of what they have done now through the eyes of an adult?

I left the definition of hell definable by the reader and did not intentionally mean to allude to the christian perception of fire and brimstone, and just like your reality is not mine, why would my hell equate to yours?

Another question that stemmed from this thread iswhat is the true age of maturity?

the actual purpose of this thread was for me to simply broaden/progress my own perspectives with reasoning and logic i haven't thought of yet, and was(still am) very intrested in the conclusions others have reached. Just extreamly curious thats all

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What we we should understand here is that Hell is not a place you go because God wants to make you suffer and feel the worst pain and sufferance possible God sends you to hell because you did not want him.

God gives you a whole lifetime to accept him. If you die and rejected him, God answers your wish; you go without God, as you CHOSE to when you were living in your flesh. Hell is Godless.

People send themselves to hell. Forgiveness can only be accepted when the person being offered forgiveness accepts it right?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foreverism
What we we should understand here is that Hell is not a place you go because God wants to make you suffer and feel the worst pain and sufferance possible God sends you to hell because you did not want him.

God gives you a whole lifetime to accept him. If you die and rejected him, God answers your wish; you go without God, as you CHOSE to when you were living in your flesh. Hell is Godless.

People send themselves to hell. Forgiveness can only be accepted when the person being offered forgiveness accepts it right?

Right!!

Great post!!!

hell is seperation of God, and ultimately, the path we choose to follow is exactly that, "Our Choice"

It is not God who sends you there, it are the choices and actions you make in life that will. Makes sense to me

[edit on 18-3-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
which hell does the OP mean ?

there are atleast 3 different "Hells" in the bible,
one for example "gehenna" was a garbage dump and can still be found today.

pigs roamed there and there for pigs where concidered filthy animals and not to be eaten.

oh and there was fires also , fires where people burned their trash and corpses of dead people, probobly where people have gotten the idea of that a "church" burial , something "closer" to god and was probobly concidered fancier then to be burned in hell eaten by pigs.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
which hell does the OP mean ?

Exactly that, the op leaves the definition of hell open for the reader to interpret and define for themselves based on their own personal beliefs and experiences. Use the one that applies to you.

interesting post BTW, although the word hell seems to commonly refer to the christian aspect, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that it is not the only religion that supports the idea.

I personally find interest in the medieval concept, regarding Dante and the 9 circles of hell. Although it is still christain oriented, it describes differnt levels (types) of hell as well, and how the irony of the crimes commited in flesh, fits the punishments in the afterlife. Now is this what i believe? ...not exactly, yet i admire and respect the thought, time, brilliance, and imagination that went into it

another good example is greek mythology. I absolutly love it and took the time to study the vast information on the subject and seem to learn something new everytime i research it. Now do i believe it... not really, but just taking the time to entertain the idea of it, i find to be amazing... Yet, This was their religion, and it shows the genius of the colletive human imagination to fathom such concepts and creatures to understand unexplainable (at the time) events, and why they should behave themselves within their lifetime because of the fear of going to hell.

Ive learned that no matter the religion, if hell is a factor, fear will always be the premise.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

there is other old questions.

Is hell actually worse than this world?

Can't we just handle bieng in hell like dealing with our daily lives without whining like annoying little mutts?

If hell is no more worse than this place, then I have no problem with the idea of moving there & starting a new life. Only if it exists. Because I know I could handle life there. And so could many others who wouldn't think twice or have many doubts before choosing to jump in there for exploration. LOL.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I cant believe this thread is still open, since you guys love to discuss bible and stuff

what if this is the freaking hell ... so what?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hmm do children go to hell? Interesting question so I will give my viewpoint. If God almighty holds realm over everything and created everything and knows the past and the future.

Follow me here if God created the devil and also created evil why would he need the devil? Why would he need someone to do his dirty work the shows fallibility and God is not fallible so hence there is no hell. It is a lie made up for the simple minded to follow the rules with the threat of the ultimate of punishments. Also did you know the bible was actually voted on. Many books made it and some did not all based on votes. Man is fallible and the bible is a perfect example of this. The truth will set you free.

I am not saying God does not exist. But I think man has mixed his own take on things and now it is nothing more than a side show. And the sheep that follow must keep their heads down and look the other way because the facts are just to bright for their eyes after spending so much time in a dark box that is organized religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join