It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can children go to Hell?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aenti
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Ah, thanks a lot H4W4II4N_PUNCH! Spot on, enjoyed joining in, truth be told, I'm still building up to my 20 post mark so I can start my very own thread, hehe.

Haven't seen Hellraiser, but appreciate your point though.

Maybe people take a look at Hell in an odd way to find gratitude for what they've got. Like watching an episode of Eastenders?

Cheers. x

That is the funniest image iv'e seen all day

thanx for that, check out that movie when you get a chance, opens the mind a bit

I look forward to checking out your future thread

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
No need my friend as I'm pretty sure that 'Hell' as a negative concept was (yet another!) human rewrite inclusion in the middle ages, as they wanted to make sure the truly ignorant were kept in perpetual fear (by the controlling thugs at the top of religions - no change there I hear you all cry)by those that were telling them (the readers or learned ones )what was in the Bible of the time. So in short children can't go somewhere that doesn't exist and I'm also fairly sure that these 'naughty' children were not born that way but simply made that way by their teachers/parents influence and flawed programming. I know this feels hard to accept but once you get over your ego (not you poster, just ‘we’ in general) you’ll see this makes uncomfortable sense?

I appreciate your response and i know you weren't specifically talking to me... but, i am curious of how you would reply to the post of Doc Velocity? check it out, he brings up a very interesting perspective

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Will a child go to hell? No.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To answer all the questions at one time. The only ones capable of going to hell are those who have rejected Christ. When Jesus died on the cross, He died for all of the sins of every person of the whole world past present and future. He took away the sins of the world. Children don't go to hell because they lack true understanding of good, evil, sin and life or death. Jesus calls them the heirs of the Kingdom of God.

People with knowledge of doing wrong are guilty of that wrong for that knowledge, whether they sold the gun, pulled the gun, or caused the crime or death by other related actions. If they justify themselves they reject God and get to go to hell for it. It's the same for any other related question.

Christ died to take away our sin. The only question is, will we let him and accept what He did for us. Your answer could make your choice for you. There are some here that reject all notions of God. They have their answer. There are others that accept what Jesus did for them, and they have their answer.

I know I will be called some names, told I'm nuts, and maybe some other well thought remarks will be made against me for this opinion, but, you asked, and I gave it my best answer.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Will a child go to hell? No.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

Ok, lets add to that perspective, in your opinion do you feel a person "as an adult" will be accountable for the sins they commited as a child from the examples i provided in Ex. 1-3 ?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Your answer could make your choice for you. There are some here that reject all notions of God. They have their answer. There are others that accept what Jesus did for them, and they have their answer.

I know I will be called some names, told I'm nuts, and maybe some other well thought remarks will be made against me for this opinion, but, you asked, and I gave it my best answer.

Exactly, what you define as hell is your interpretation and vice versa. Bottom line is it boils down to what YOU as an individual believes, and really doesn't matter what others think, because you are standing up for yourself
i appreciate your response, thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No. A person is only accountable for their sins when they become more educated. You can't possibly understand the laws when you can't read or write.
As you become more educated and fill your stomach with the fruits of knowledge, you will be held accountable for your sins.

It doesn't mean if you go on being ignorant you will be safe. You learn from your mistakes. If you made a mistake and realized it, than you will be held accountable from that point on.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
It doesn't mean if you go on being ignorant you will be safe. You learn from your mistakes. If you made a mistake and realized it, than you will be held accountable from that point on.

Beautiful Answer!!!!

These are the replies i am looking for. Logical explainations of what and why you believe what "YOU" believe

thank you for your reply, much appreciated

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Can Children go to hell?
Jesus said the kingdom of heaven was full of children, possibly children that died prematurely, of course there is Jesus who loves children, and there are relatives and angels in heaven that raise up the children in heaven.

Jesus died for all humanity, at the time of the cross and for all future people that are born, we paid the ransom that Adam sin required, God took responsibity and sent His only Son as a final sacrifice, since in the past atonement had to be made by sacrificing bulls, goats, lambs.
Jesus Christ’s sacrifice paved the way for our modern civilization, since he bought peach with GOD with His own God Blood, the redemption of mankind. Only Pure Blood could redeem mankind., and modern civilization is enjoying the benefits of Christs Self Sacrifice on the Cross.

Every one in the world “May” have a place in Heaven, the only requirement to Believe in Jesus Christ, Accept the fact that he died for you on the cross, accept the forgiveness that he has already offered, Believe that he was raised from the dead, Worship Him as God and Savior, and indeed you shall be saved.

Kids are too young to make decisions when they are young imo they automatically enter into the Kingdom of Heaven., which is why you see baby angels cared everywhere in the world.
However it is written “Every Nation that forgets their God shall be turned to Hell”

Nations, peoples have a free will, God is not going to force anyone to believe in Him, those that choose to be Antichrist, have of their own free will made a decision, the consequences are complete separation from God, meaning: Your on your own unless you repent and turn back to God.
People choose their own destiny, and their decisions will make them or break them. For example, I am not anti gay what so ever, but even a Gay person can be saved and still have fellowship with God.

I know that is not going to go well with the ultra conservatives, but its true and I will prove it.

Jesus said “ A new commandment I give you: Love God with all your heart and all your mind and love your neighbor as your self this satisfies the Law and the Prophets”.

Christian only have two rules to live by! Love God and Love People
The 10 commandments and the 6000 other rules and regulations of the Old Testament are of the past!

Yet people love tradition, they want to follow rules that no longer apply.
“The Letter of the Law Kills, but the Spirit of the Law Gives Life”
Just like Muslims, they dwell on Old Doctrine that Kills, and so do other extremists that are in constant rival with the Muslims.

If people could only value LOVE, because God is Love, and if you really love God, then you will Love People that are made in the image of God.
If everyone could grasp that, then the world would be in a far better place than ever.

But Hate, Evil Thinking, Murder, Child Corruption of every kind you can imagine, envy, pride, are all things God Hates.

These are the things that make people stumble in a ditch after ditch, and some never get up.

But yes, Children do go to Heaven!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
precicio,

very interesting and informative post

Your words (to me) seem to really portray your personality and i feel i have a better understanding of who you are.

Originally posted by precicio
Yet people love tradition, they want to follow rules that no longer apply.
“The Letter of the Law Kills, but the Spirit of the Law Gives Life”

Very strong but necessary words, YET people continue to redefine The laws of God, who he is, and his message he gave to man, AND people have done this throughout the history of mankind constantly reinterpreting the Bible to fit their own personal agenda. And then, people begin to follow and believe the truths of others without even knowing, and lose themselves within the corruption and hypocrisy of religion. It is indeed best to follow the spirit of the law instead.

I also say, follow your heart over the crowd and define for yourself what you truely believe God to be, also Believe in yourself and dont be afraid to trust and or question your personal beliefs, that is what makes you "YOU". To live under the truths of others without any forethought and understanding of why you share that belief, labels you nothing more than a sheep following all the other sheep.

thank you for your post

*edit* more detail

[edit on 17-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No they cannot and hell is real read on the story of LAZARUS IT EXPLAINS WHAT THE KING FELT AS HE DESCENDED INTO THE HELL AND IT ALSO EXPLAINS HOW THERE WAS WATER FOR THE POOR MAN IN THE POOR MANS LOCATION.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Actually as per bible teachings, children are condemn to hell with the original sin since they are conceived in the womb by sin.

Only with baptism and a life of eternal repentance and acceptance to Jesus so they can be born again they can be considered into haven.

This is how Christianity holds its followers by intimidation making everybody a sinner since birth.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

"Can children go to Hell?"

-If they were taught to fear hell then possibly.

This is one of those cases where "Ignorance Is Bliss."

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bravo precicio, i could not agree more, but I think if a child understands the gospel and rejects God, then yes, a child could go to hell. I do not think this is an age issue. With knowledge comes responsibility! Interesting argument on the gay issue. I was aware that you could be given over to the replacing of the natural with the un-natural, have not quite thought of it from your angle. Will be thinking on that. . .

But my answer, Yes, a child can go to hell. If said child had an understanding of what God has done for him and rejected Him.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

There is no hell, that is created to induce fear.

Fear is unimportant.

No matter what you do in this life time or the last, all experiences and actions are equally beautiful and a gift to the One Creator that you are.

All entities are loved unconditionally no matter what the circumstances.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55

"Can children go to Hell?"

-If they were taught to fear hell then possibly.

This is one of those cases where "Ignorance Is Bliss."

... Ok, In your opinion, when does "ignorance" become sin?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
the real question is does anyone go to hell?....an the answer is no..hell doesnt exist

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff_lyricist
the real question is does anyone go to hell?....an the answer is no..hell doesnt exist

I mean this as politely as i can, but when i leave a comment on another persons thread, i take the time to read the entire OP and even skim across some of the replies to see if my point of view has been discussed already. I also tend to review where the conversation currently is, as to where it once was, and reply accordingly. I also realize we are all different and i do respect your input, thanx for your post.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Theoretically if hell, as you define it exists:

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH. The question: Can children go to hell for the decisions they make?
Absolutely.

ex. 1) A child 4 to 6 has a younger sibling that just wont stop crying. The parents are busy attending other household chores and tempararly ignore the crying of the baby. The 4/6 yr old (intent on figuring a way to hush the little one) curiously puts his hands over the face of the baby and he suffocates it. The child walks away without understanding what he just did. Who is at fault?

I believe a child of 6 absolutely knows the difference between gentle play and dangerous play. A child of 4, I feel may be faultless, but 6? That child knows better than to put their hands on someone else, no matter the reason. Or should, if the parent has done their job.

ex. 2) A preteen 11 to 14ish is watching a violent movie and wants to try and execute the moves he saw, on a kid in school he doesn't like very much. So as he went to school the next day he pulls off a decent pile driver and the other kids neck is inadvertantly snapped. The child realizes he was wrong, and the concept of death is very new to him and he says " I didnt mean to kill him, the guy in the movie didnt die!?!?" who is at fault?

The child is at fault. If a child of grade school age knows not to hit others, than they certainly have no excuse at 11. They may not have meant to kill anyone, but they most certainly knew they would hurt them. They made a decision to consciously hurt someone.

I put no stock in the idea that video games and TV corrupt children. If a parent is a parent, they have instilled values into a child and have made the distinction between real and not real. My 9 year old is quite aware that what happens on CSI is fake, and that his Naruto video game is just a game.

ex. 3) A young adult 16 to 19yrs conforms to a group of bullies and constantly tease a smaller/younger classmate. No one else would dare stand up for the boy because he was actually a little weird. They would say the meanest things to this kid with the intent of making him cry in front of the other children. Then 1 day, the bullies approach the child and start their usual routine, only this time the child pulls out a gun. In fear, the bullies withdraw and to their suprize the child kills himself.

Who is responsible? the bullies? The child for giving in? the person he got the gun from? Just curious.

All three are at fault.

The bullies because teenagers are cruel and they know it. They just don't care. EX:Phoebe Prince

The teens involved even went so far as to continue their bullying after the girl's suicide, on her memorial page. As of today, the girls involved have no remorse, and are continuing their lives bullying new people.

The child is also at fault- in that they obviously did not have a strong enough structure of support to feel they had any other options. They may have felt cornered, or helpless, or hopeless. I feel this is a mental issue, which should be addressed.

The person they got the gun from- is this even in question? If they bought it- it's the seller's responsibility to ensure the gun sale is made to a legal buyer.

If the child found it at home- the parents are faulted for not keeping weapons more secure, or should not have had them in the house at all, as is custom in my home with two kids.

If they got it from another child, or on the street- follow that back- someone's in deep crap.

let's fast-forward into their 30's. Everyone in their "bully group" have realized the reality and impact of what happened, and become the most positive, loving, spiritual people you could ever meet, but nobody (that knows them now) would ever guess they were capable of such darkness in their past. They live with this guilt yet strive to be better people. How do you think they will they be judged?

I am of the belief that repenting for your deliberate actions is a ridiculous idea. If you made a conscious choice to do something, you have to deal with it. There is no easy "Father forgive me, I'll do better". That's BS.

Sure, do better, feel sorry for what you did, do good deeds- but why would someone think that makes up for deliberately choosing to end someone's life? It doesn't. And believing you're spotless and have made reparations is delusional. A mistake is a mistake- but a deliberate choice is just that. There is no making up for choosing to hurt someone.

There is coming back from not knowing any better- but those who don't know right from wrong are few and far between. But that excuse is used often. Karma's a bitch, despite how you may try to avoid it.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

According to the ancient Vedas knowledge which is time less ever reverbareting in the silence of the universe children up to age 14 are NOT RESPONSIBLE to their action. Means above 14 y they are! donno if this helps to ani1! Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join