It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can children go to Hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Lasheic,

Thank you for sharing that point of view, and the other facts in your post,

BUT...

You haven't really answered the question(s) in the op.

What do "YOU" think.

Originally posted by Lasheic
I'd say no, children do not go to hell, because there is no hell.

take a second to step out of the box and at least entertain the idea before drawing a conclusion.

Use your imagination and give me a logical answer based on the scenarios presented. Assuming the place 'may' be real, do these kids qualify to go there for what they've done? And, do you think once a person matures and realize the enormity of what he did, can he be redeemed?

Just a little mental exercise, thats all.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I beg to differ. What about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He had never been baptized and I do believe Jesus told him he was going to be in Heaven. What of all of the first born of Egypt? Do you believe they went to hell because they were misled?

I don't want to start quoting scripture but I can. There are examples where a child dies and goes to Heaven in the Bible. If God can create the universe and allow us to carry on this conversation, do you really think He would be limited to what you perceive of Him?

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

NICE!!! Great questions and examples

...Answers anyone?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
I'd say no. There is no way any god would allow a child to go to hell. The hell some of them go thru here on earth is more than bad enough. I don't personally believe in Hell anymore and the more I read and research the less I believe in it. That's always been one of the biggest questions of mine as well but I feel confident that they won't and don't go to hell.

lol, if an adult have the mind of a child, so will he go to hell?

hahahha, u guys dont make sense ...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes, they can go to hell, and you can go to hell too.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Anal Probe]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Everyone who doesn't jump on the Jesus Bus goes to hell.

Isn't that what the Christians are always babbling about in their efforts to "save" everyone?

By the way, I forgive Jesus.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anal Probe
Yes, they can go to hell, and you can go to hell too.
[edit on 14-2-2010 by Anal Probe]

Please explain your view... maybe more than 1 sentence if possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by univac500

Isn't that what the Christians are always babbling about in their efforts to "save" everyone?

Focus People!!!

I am not intrested of what you think others think of the OP, please share your thoughts on it
thanx.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

I did answer the question in the OP, and I answered sequentially. The first question being "Can children go to Hell?" My answer is No, because there is no hell. Answering any further questions you ask would be redundant, as they require a prerequisite of accepting that hell exists.

I understand that may not be the intent you were aiming for, but that is the one you described in your thread title. So if you want to talk about establishing fault for mistakes people make... what of your own in this thread? You want to claim that I am at fault for not "thinking out of the box", but why isn't it YOUR fault for not expressing your intent in the thread title? Was it a mistake and oversight between the language use and desired intent, or did you deliberately misdirect that language to get people to click the link and read your post. A bait and switch, a misdirection, a purposeful and motivated lie.

This minor expression of lies and falsehoods is pervasive in society and speech. Even in the way we think and associate concepts between the left and right hemispheres, the way the brain operates as shown by tests on split brain patients.

See... I am thinking "outside of the box". I'm just not thinking inside the box you want to put me in.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Originally posted by univac500

Focus People!!!

I am not intrested of what you think others think of the OP, please share your thoughts on it
thanx.

Focus? That's easy.

There is no "hell".

Therefore, men, women, cats, dogs, and children can't go there.

End of story.

But just for converstional sake...if you added up all the non-baptised, non-christians, throughout mankind's history, that have had the bad luck to find themselves in hell you would find that there are more people in hell than in heaven.

More people in hell than heaven? Making Evil greater than Good? How could God let that slide?

Wait. I lost focus again.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
What about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He had never been baptized and I do believe Jesus told him he was going to be in Heaven.

He got a free ride, right place, right time.

now, the OPs asked me what my personal opinion was, quite easy.
first and foremost, I think hell is a control device by the church to keep return customers.

As far as me entertaining life after death and punishment, I like to go with this philosophy this spiritualist said to me. That we are in our true form, a sort of perfect soul spirit thingie and we use these bodies to experience lessons and learn. Death leads to a time of reflection on the life we had and we see the things we overcame, and the things we failed at. The things we did with selfish and malicious intent makes us disappointed in ourselves and the times of our beneviolent triumphs we take joy in...and once we have had enough downtime, reflection, and fishing on the rainbow lake of eternity (I plan on fishing once in spirit form...bigarse fish), we come back to focus in on the lessons we felt disappointment in from the previous life. aka, if violence was a issue in a previous life, we might be born in a peaceful area, or if courage was lacking, we may be born into a wartorn area to overcome these previous life fails.

its just a nice way to consider the afterlife based on absolutely nothing beyond this particular philosophy feeling right as far as this stuff goes.

Hell is not where we go, its the effect we have on what we do.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH
Once again, i am looking for that ATS insight. The question: Can children go to hell for the decisions they make?

Heaven and Hell are not only Christian concepts,they exist in other religions in other forms, such as Karma in Hinduism.

50 percent of all children born prior to modern times died before adulthood.
If there is such a thing as Karma (punishment or rewards) from one life to the next this would imply that half the population deserves the death penalty.
This seems unlikely.
Thus an early death (punishment) for a child that did NOT commit a crime in a past life is simply a random event.
Therefore we can say there is no Karmic punishment (hell).
If there is no Karmic punishment than there is no reward either.

If there is no Punishment or Reward between lives than there is no mechanism for spiritual advancement.

If there is no spiritual advancement maybe there is no Soul.

If there is no Soul then Existence is just a Random Event and no life is of any more significance than any other,including animal or human.
Our Consciousness then is simply God appearing randomly in form in this world for ever.
Can anybody comment on this?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, if kids dishonor their parents, they might comes close, but if they lay a hand on their parents, they will go to hell.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
In the Christian bible no one goes to a literal hell. When the scriptures were translated from there original language things got lost and changed. When hell is mentioned in the bible, it refers to either Hades or Sheol which should have been translated into the common grave of man kind. If you leave it in this context, when Jesus died he went to hell for three days. I bet you just said Naaaaa heap of dung. Well in the original language Jesus went to Sheol in one language and Hades in another. How could this be? Because hell is the common grave of man kind. So where is this firery place talked about in the bible? It is the dumping area (tip) Of a large biblical city. It was Called Gehenna. It constantly burned. If anything was thrown there by mistake it was irretrievable. Lost. Gone. And so this became an example of the second death. Fire doesn’t and didn’t refer to lasting torture, but the point of no return. If anyone believes there is a literal hell, put your knowledge to the test and prove it. Scripture for scripture. It will be interesting. Just make sure your Hebrew Language is up to date.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I did answer the question in the OP, and I answered sequentially. The first question being "Can children go to Hell?" My answer is No, because there is no hell. Answering any further questions you ask would be redundant, as they require a prerequisite of accepting that hell exists.

I understand that may not be the intent you were aiming for, but that is the one you described in your thread title. So if you want to talk about establishing fault for mistakes people make... what of your own in this thread? You want to claim that I am at fault for not "thinking out of the box", but why isn't it YOUR fault for not expressing your intent in the thread title? Was it a mistake and oversight between the language use and desired intent, or did you deliberately misdirect that language to get people to click the link and read your post. A bait and switch, a misdirection, a purposeful and motivated lie.

No, that was not my intent to "bait switch" just looking for other views i have not yet considered.

This minor expression of lies and falsehoods is pervasive in society and speech. Even in the way we think and associate concepts between the left and right hemispheres, the way the brain operates as shown by tests on split brain patients.

See... I am thinking "outside of the box". I'm just not thinking inside the box you want to put me in.

Indeed, that was your interpretation of it, and i thank you for the intell, I am human and can "Eroar"
but perception is in the view of the interpreter, and you saw what others did not.

thanx for expanding my mind a bit, i'll try to be more percise in my next thread and use a more appropriate word selection for the people that are unwilling to think "objectively".

very constructional

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As far as me entertaining life after death and punishment, I like to go with this philosophy this spiritualist said to me. That we are in our true form, a sort of perfect soul spirit thingie and we use these bodies to experience lessons and learn. Death leads to a time of reflection on the life we had and we see the things we overcame, and the things we failed at. The things we did with selfish and malicious intent makes us disappointed in ourselves and the times of our beneviolent triumphs we take joy in...and once we have had enough downtime, reflection, and fishing on the rainbow lake of eternity (I plan on fishing once in spirit form...bigarse fish), we come back to focus in on the lessons we felt disappointment in from the previous life. aka, if violence was a issue in a previous life, we might be born in a peaceful area, or if courage was lacking, we may be born into a wartorn area to overcome these previous life fails.

its just a nice way to consider the afterlife based on absolutely nothing beyond this particular philosophy feeling right as far as this stuff goes.

Hell is not where we go, its the effect we have on what we do.

Great Post!!! thank you for explaining your stance on the subject

much appreciated, and very informative

Thanx.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Heaven and Hell are not only Christian concepts,they exist in other religions in other forms, such as Karma in Hinduism.

50 percent of all children born prior to modern times died before adulthood.
If there is such a thing as Karma (punishment or rewards) from one life to the next this would imply that half the population deserves the death penalty.
This seems unlikely.
Thus an early death (punishment) for a child that did NOT commit a crime in a past life is simply a random event.
Therefore we can say there is no Karmic punishment (hell).
If there is no Karmic punishment than there is no reward either.

If there is no Punishment or Reward between lives than there is no mechanism for spiritual advancement.

If there is no spiritual advancement maybe there is no Soul.

If there is no Soul then Existence is just a Random Event and no life is of any more significance than any other,including animal or human.
Our Consciousness then is simply God appearing randomly in form in this world for ever.
Can anybody comment on this?

Thank you, Great response and reasoning i have not yet considered that

...is there any comments on it?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well you see, there is no hell, so no, children don't go there. We are all souls and souls go to the same place, no matter the circumstances we died in, or the life we had. Hitler is in the same place with the Jews he killed, you see when you die there is no longer any label on you, you become one with all.

The most accurate definition of hell, if you wish, is the moment when you chose as a soul to isolate yourself from all that is. It is a choice some make, but eventually they get back.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

No way,

Hitler does not go where these souls went.

How can you believe that?

That murderer killed millions of people - he is not where they are.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Shouldn't this be in the Religion forum? It's based on a premise that hell exists and presumes a standard definition of what hell actually is.

Okay, based on Catholic dogma - none of the children in the 3 examples would go to hell.

First, the Catholics divide "mortal" and "venial" sins. Mortal sins send one to the Catholic version of hell.

Second, to be a "mortal sin" - there are many conditions. One is explicit planning and foreknowledge. (There are several other conditions that must also exist.)

None of the children PLANNED the deaths.
None of the children KNEW their actions would cause a death.

It's pretty clear that these kids would not qualify for a Catholic hell.

Now, you'd have to check this against all the other religions; but, I presume the kids wouldn't go to any other religion's hell either.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The bible clearly says it is the age of accountability. No one knows for sure what that means but many people believe it either means when the children is mature enough to make a conscious decision out side of what their parents taught them, or as I believe at the time the brain full matures.
Seriously, a child isn't going to hell because he wasn't baptized if he wasn't old enough to make that decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join