It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Bill Increasing Public Debt Limit 1.9 Trillion Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh joy of joys! Our public debt limit is now $14,300,000,000,000 !

Presid ent Obama Signs Law Raising Public Debt Limit from $12.4 Trillion to $14.3 Trillion

Behind closed doors and with no cameras present, President Obama signed into law Friday afternoon the bill raising the public debt limit from $12.394 trillion to $14.294 trillion.

The current national debt is $12.3 trillion. Check out the National Debt Clock, which tells you your share of that -- roughly $40,000 per citizen, $113,000 per taxpayer.

The bill also establishes a statutory Pay-As-You-Go procedure requiring that new non-emergency legislation affecting tax revenue or mandatory spending not increase the Federal deficit – in other words, that any new spending or tax cuts be paid for with new taxes or spending cuts.

Well, looks like he's put into play the law to raise taxes on everyone, despite his pledge on the campaign trail. But, come to think of it, he's already broken that one, along with a lot of his other empty promises. I think this house of cards is just about ready to collapse, and hopefully quite a few people of the Washington D.C. political machine don't make it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
did we really excpect anything different from the so called annointed one? he was a snake oil salesman before he got in there and he still is...

I asked a guy today after this news broke... "Hey, hows that hope and change workin' for ya?" BTW..he voted for the clown

he got mad and drove off...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Damn . . Since at least to me it looks like obama The Destroyer is going to be a one term president, he's effectively crippled the next President. I mean think about it, just how is the next administration suppose to get anything done thanks to the great obama dragging us into a hole we'll never get out of?
You know the funny thing about all this? If this were President Bush, the press and public would be screaming bloody murder. But since it saint obama, not hardly a peep out of the press.
How much more damage is this bumbling idiot going to do before The People say enough is enough!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Seems like every week they keep raising the debt ceiling. Pretty soon this won't even be newsworthy anymore.

The plan to desensitise the American people to their impending bankruptcy seems to be running along smoothly.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Very interesting thread. You should piggy back with mine to understand how this is going to affect us all soon.

Things are about to get dicey and its good to know the reasons why.

Check out this thread as well:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread talks about the intentional destruction of the economy by bankers and has rock hard, solid proof to back it.

We're in alot of trouble people, and its no longer a conspiracy or a joke.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That's only 1,900,000 million or 1,900,000,000,000

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

There was a member on ATS who's sig nailed this perfect.

"The last act of a dying Empire , is to loot the treasury"

top topics

join