It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's A Trap! Stewart Mocks GOP's Reluctance To Join Health Care Summit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seriously folks since the dems. had the majority until recently, all this is just smoke and mirrors. They couldn't pass either bill without bribing their own party members. But no it's the repub. fault! AND why did say Kennedy's seat pass to republicans? The dems are trying to castigate the republicans for a bill that their own party couldn't get behind? Get real
It's a game of hot potato with the "blame" being passed on to republicans!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are several measures where it is imperative that the Republicans maintain their Party of No stance:

Cap and Trade

Card Check

When it comes to pending legislation like this, the answer must not be no, but Hell No! I would also lump amnesty for illegal aliens in with that.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

That is an excellent point as they are standing their ground and being ridiculed and made to look like they are being 5 years old....

It would be interesting to hear this story and thoughts if the tables were turned...then again, at those times, most legislation was middle of the road as to garner the widest support.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sorry, I am not buying the whole right wing fox news talking points crap. The Republicans are stalemating a lot in congress, including appointments.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/911645fd941f.png[/atsimg]

Of course, it's election time, so it's time for both sides to start thinking and acting like they are bipartisan.
Freaking joke that it is, this country would be much better off without political parties.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

He who has nothing more to say resorts to such as you have...

My talking points are my own and is that the best retort you can muster? Start slamming people because their views align with the other side? Quite ironic in a thread about bipartisanship and you cannot even handle when the other side is presented.

On a positive note...I am in agreement in regards to party politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

On a positive note...I am in agreement in regards to party politics.

Mark my words here, the GOP is going to filibuster themselves out of a job. and the Democrats are going to equally overspend themselves out of a job.

People are tired of it. They are tired of both sides of the political aisle. Nothing getting done, and when things do get done, nobody likes what they have done.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

you forgot to add the 'wither' ability to the sean hannity card.

That guy seems to wear on me the longer he's allowed to be on the airwaves...he pulls down the collective IQ of our entire country single handedly...and he's proud of it and gets praise for it.

I guess, in the end, i can sleep happy knowing that idiots like Hannity & those who think like he does, not only stand in opposition of common sense, values, decency, and intelligent thought, but also can't seem to follow their own set of rules as well (these idiots make the worst Christians imaginable)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I agree that a lot of people are sick of both parties and their stupid pettiness.
however, I also fully believe these same voters don't have the grapefruits to vote for anything better when it really comes time to do it, after all that would be a "waste of a vote". So far, liquidsmoke is the only one who actually has a pair.

there are good politicians out there, and great ideas too, but yer average voter is far too cowardly to actually mark them on a ballot. Politicians and parties aren't so much the problem, VOTERS ARE.

democracy fail.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm sure that this all a right-wing plot to discredit appointees and stall bills that the dems could have passed if their own party members had a consensus!

[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcd3a0655bf3.jpeg[/atsimg][/im]

[edit on 15-2-2010 by hangedman13]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join